PDA

View Full Version : Next Generation MINI Test Mule

Bazthemod
1st June 2011, 10:16 PM
This has appeared on motoringfile, first images of the next generation MINI.

http://www.motoringfile.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/1692263086241700978.jpg
http://www.motoringfile.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/1197760686992476847.jpg
http://www.motoringfile.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/125257124519472279.jpg

Some things we can note right away. First off the size of the car (as sources have told us for well over two years) will be almost identical to the current hatch. In fact we expect the car to become lighter in most configurations thanks to the switch to BMW’s new three cylinder powerplant family.

Codenamed the F56 and replacing the R56, the three door hatch will sport completely new interior design (with improved interface design) and an evolution of the MINI exterior design language. Look for other variants to push the envelope a bit, but not the bread and butter that is the hatch. But make no mistake, the hatchback will set the tone for MINI’s new design language on all products.

But perhaps most importantly, there will be the new technology and powerplants. BMW will debut it’s new range three cylinder engines in the F56 that will ultimately go on to power much of the (approximately) 12 forthcoming UKL based models.

Look for the 2013 MINI Hatch to debut next summer and be at dealerships by the fall. And of course look no further for all the news you need on the new car as products nears.

You can see the entire set of images in high-res over at World Car Fans.

GCA3N
1st June 2011, 11:06 PM
Good find Baz. I am liking the look and idea of the new car.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Mon the fish
2nd June 2011, 07:14 AM
Not liking the idea of 3-cylinder flymo power

Gismo
2nd June 2011, 08:08 AM
Good find Baz, the 3 cylinder engine will raise a few eyebrows, i don't expect there to be any loss in performance

The Dogfather
2nd June 2011, 08:44 AM
3 cylinders can sound good, plenty of torque as well.

Is that a real shut line behind the drivers door? And has the fuel cap been moved back?

Stewart
2nd June 2011, 10:53 AM
So this will be in the Showrooms end of next year, interesting. I hope they don’t play about to much with the interior as I think they have got it spot on for say Ali’s Works. I jumped:hand:, (Sorry sat really carefully) in Bobs on the HT and it looked fantastic and grown up compared to my earlier Coop.

This has to be Zero Road tax then and far better MPG. But as some has said will there be a noticeable difference in power, I just cant see that being the case as who wants a newer slower version of their car. Even driving just my Cooper I still appreciate that there is a nice wee bit of power.

N16SHP
2nd June 2011, 11:40 AM
Least we can guarantee one thing with Mini, we're probably looking at about £40k for a Cooper S with the rate things are going....

I will reserve judgement on the looks until we see some concepts etc!

euan
2nd June 2011, 11:52 AM
3 cylinders can sound good, plenty of torque as well.

Is that a real shut line behind the drivers door? And has the fuel cap been moved back?

You can see a shut line on the top of the door in the normal place, but it does look like another shut line further back as well.

Mon the fish
2nd June 2011, 02:07 PM
Fuel cap on the offside too - the Germans are taking over!!!!

Mon the fish
3rd June 2011, 07:15 AM
I hope not, the clubdoor is a crap idea, you get trapped in a little door prison when you're in a car park letting someone out of the back.....

And the seatbelt trips you up on the way out....

zimbo
3rd June 2011, 09:51 AM
No comment... :laugh:

Ok comment time now that I've been and had a look at WCF site, I dont think that is the next gen mini, I think its a new BMW '0' series or something like that just disguised as amini to throw people off, because looking at the pics on WCF you can clearly see a BMW dashboard with twin dials and rectangular air-vents etc etc in the interior :yes nod: