PDA

View Full Version : drivers window needed!

claire
31st May 2011, 06:09 AM
Well just back from a few days break up north, had a great time.......was woken up at 2.40AM with a smash outside my window, some little f***ers smashed my car window, ripped out my lovely sony stereo and knicked ALL my cds (had them all together in a case as we'd just returned home last night) I saw the guys but by the time I chucked my dressing gown over me and ran out they were screeching off down the street with no lights on!!

I thought the days of neds steeling car stereos were over, I'm RAGGING:ragin:, if I need to claim my insurance I'll be waving bye bye to my no claims bonus.....was going to get it protected this year as I would have built up 7 years ARGHHHHH:argh:

Should also ask....where's the best place to get a replacement, will I need to take it into a garage or will I (dad and other half) be able to fit it themselves?

I'd appreciate any advice

x

GCA3N
31st May 2011, 07:40 AM
Words cannot express what we'd all like to do too these people. Well i use that term very loosely. Autoglass id say were.your best bet for the glass replacement.

As far as claiming you won't loose all your no claims btw but probably in these circumstances as you say probably not worth it.

I feel dead sorry for you hope you sort it out asap.

Just as a side note report the incident and hopefully the police might attend.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Craig
31st May 2011, 07:50 AM
Gutted for you Claire. It's always worth reporting as they may have been caught elsewhere or not worn gloves etc. ;)

Any of the glass cos will sort you out... Like you I thought the stereo nicking days were over cos they are so cheap to buy new !! :ragin:

If you find them, tell rab to give me a bell and we can "visit" them :lol:

gauldrymini
31st May 2011, 08:15 AM
Sorry to hear your bad news....

Scum:ragin:...the only word for them!

Colin
31st May 2011, 11:46 AM
That's a horrible thing to happen, makes you sick! :ragin:

Autoglass would be my suggestion too, I'm off there tomorrow to get my front windscreen replaced (big crack on the passanger side)

Penny Louise
31st May 2011, 01:27 PM
Really sorry to read about this!! I would be RAGING... had my first car broken into years ago except they left my stereo (must have been rubbish lol) but went through the back seats into the boot and took both my subs and both my amps. They bent my drivers door back to get in and then left it open with half the wires out on the road. I was devastated... more so about the fact someone had been in my car... makes you feel sick.

Hope you get your window fixed soon, what about a scrappies? A lot of them these days (U Pull It etc) take windows out if they're in good condition and keep them to sell.

rpn
31st May 2011, 04:25 PM
I feel for you Claire, I recently had a set of Mini wheels stolen too.