PDA

View Full Version : New Mini cooper

jockserb
25th May 2011, 09:04 PM
Picked up new mini cooper waited 6 weeks ,only half tank of fuel,is this normal?????

G17RDY
25th May 2011, 09:12 PM
I would say yes, unless you bargain with MINI dealership when sorting out the purchase of your new car. I've bought many a car from varying dealerships and normally its a quarter tank!

If you don't ask you don't get!

jockserb
25th May 2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the quick reponse ,feel much better now ,though I did get £1000 of xtras throwing in...Thanks again

GCA3N
25th May 2011, 09:38 PM
I got a full tank but know lots of others who got nowt.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

N16SHP
25th May 2011, 09:44 PM
I think as well it depends on the dealer. When Kirsten picked up her Cooper S from Blue Belle Wilmslow, they had a dealer tick list with lots of things that had to be done before handing the car over to the customer, one of which was fill the tank full, which I thought was actually a pretty nice touch. Was really blown away by their service to be honest.

zimbo
26th May 2011, 08:01 AM
"Half a tank" lol you should count yourself lucky!! :lol: a lot of places now give you just enough to get to the nearest petrol station to fill up yourself :yes nod:

As far as I am concerned, whether your buying a new or used vehicle from any company they should by common courtesy give you a full tank of fuel, after all you have in effect chosen their dealership to purchase your car and possibly spent a large amount of money doing so and probably will do so still re servicing and parts etc etc, the least they can do is give you a full tank of fuel as a way of saying thank you :rolleyes:

Whats the world coming to :frown:

gauldrymini
26th May 2011, 08:21 AM
...I am still looking for the courtesy 1 litre bottle of oil...still no sign of it anywhere in the car!

Craig
26th May 2011, 08:24 AM
It's all about the profit for dealers these days (in my experience). They are more interested in how much profit they can make rather than having a really happy customer.... :frown: it's a sad sign of the times, however if I was spending upwards of £15k on a new car, I'd be expecting a full tank....

I remember one of my neighbours bought a new Mazda 6 from Uncle Arnold and they guy said as he was leaving, "hang on a minute I forgot to put petrol in the car, I'll come with you to the petro. Statn and put the fuel in for you!". Well he duly went to the station just down the road and put £7 of fuel in the car after they had just spent £15k on the car. My neighbour politely told the guy he could walk back to the dealership in the rain now !! :lol: