PDA

View Full Version : Hi there from Parkibob

Parkibob
18th May 2011, 10:13 AM
Well having met a few of you at last years Highland run and a few more at this years thought I should say hello on the forum having popped on and off a few time in the past month since joining.

For those who don't know me I'm parkibob, NM member and FJCW driver, have a classic Cooper in the garage which is under the knife at the moment but hope to get some serious work done this summer (when it finally arrives), I'm also Retro Junkies dad who introduced himself on the forum last night and was my Co-Pilot on the Highland runs.

We did live in Stirling for 8 happy years before a job change took me back to Preston, was sad to leave as I really enjoyed my time in Stirling and all of those wonderful roads around the Trossachs and beyond. I'm also a keen Golfer (playing of 8 currently) so with a Golfing thread on here I felt it a must to be part of :cool:

Hope to catch up with more of the NMS crew in the future, in the mean time here's Cilla my FJCW and plaything :thumbs up:

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq327/parkibob_2008/Cilla/P2161869.jpg

GCA3N
18th May 2011, 11:01 AM
Awesome mini, look out for you, I am in port of menteith. Get yourself on the Perthshire pleasures run too.

Colin
18th May 2011, 11:03 AM
:welcome:

Craig
18th May 2011, 11:23 AM
:welcome: parkibob.

Glad the brakes on the jcw are good or it could have been a very short highland tour this year ! :lol: (I was in the loaned vert in front)

Hope to see you back up this way soon :thumbs up:

The Dogfather
18th May 2011, 12:55 PM
Just don't go bringing the LMR up here Mr Parkinson

;)

Parkibob
18th May 2011, 04:19 PM
Just don't go bringing the LMR up here Mr Parkinson

;)

Not me paul I'm all for a quiet life :smilewinkgrin:

Craig, yep the brakes did get a bit of a testing on that first day, mind you i was impressed with the performance you got from that little Convertible, it was a One wasn't it :confused: superb driving that man :thumbs up:

As for getting back up to Scotland, i'd love to spend more time in the North, wished I'd never left at times as we had such good times watching the kids grow up whilst in Stirling, even if we did get some strange looks for having Lancashire accents whilst Matthew and Beth were speaking with a Scottish twang :D

Craig
18th May 2011, 08:24 PM
Yeah one convertible ;). Needs a chip and I could maybe do some overtaking :lol:

Parkibob
18th May 2011, 08:34 PM
Yeah one convertible ;). Needs a chip and I could maybe do some overtaking :lol:

Blimey..............with a chip in it you would be very dangerous...............in a good way mind :thumbs up:

Craig
18th May 2011, 09:19 PM
Blimey..............with a chip in it you would be very dangerous...............in a good way mind :thumbs up:

;) :lol:

cooperchris
18th May 2011, 10:54 PM
Nice looking motor there mate, Like the red on black :thumbs up:

Oh an welcome to NMS

Craig
18th May 2011, 11:14 PM
I work in Stirling and live only a few miles away and you forget who privileged we are to live in such a nice place ;)

Mini Ecosse
19th May 2011, 06:23 AM
Hi, :welcome:

JOHN MILNE
19th May 2011, 06:44 AM
:welcome::thumbs up:

Parkibob
19th May 2011, 09:38 AM
Morning all, many thanks for the welcome, and Craig, you are so right about Stirling, used to love being there, looking out of the window and seeing the Ochil hills in the distance and the castle and Monument in the other direction,

Beautiful place, who knows maybe one day I'll return

Stewart
19th May 2011, 10:13 AM
:welcome: parkibob.

Glad the brakes on the jcw are good or it could have been a very short highland tour this year ! :lol: (I was in the loaned vert in front)

A little too good I was nearly in the back seat of Bobs!!!!!!.:hand:

I missed Mr A's house as well:frown: as we passed.

GCA3N
19th May 2011, 10:41 AM
I missed Mr A's house as well:frown: as we passed.

Tut tut :D

The Dogfather
19th May 2011, 11:14 AM
Tut tut :D

I looked for a MINI but never saw one as we went through

Parkibob
19th May 2011, 01:23 PM
Awesome mini, look out for you, I am in port of menteith. Get yourself on the Perthshire pleasures run too.

had a look at the perthshire run, looks like an awesome run, now how to pursude the missus we need another trip up North :smilewinkgrin:

RobSco
19th May 2011, 05:41 PM
Hi

Welcome to New Mini Scotland... :thumbs up:

Duncan Stewart
19th May 2011, 06:56 PM

Scottie
19th May 2011, 11:30 PM
Hi and welcome I hope you enjoyed your stay at my brothers place I'm certain he mentioned how cool your car was

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Parkibob
19th May 2011, 11:42 PM
Hi and welcome I hope you enjoyed your stay at my brothers place I'm certain he mentioned how cool your car was

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Cheers, as always Abbey Craig was excellent, that full Scottish Brekky is a great way to start the Highland run :thumbs up:

Burple
20th May 2011, 10:39 AM
Morning!
Thought I recognised the pics of your car on the highland tour!
Welcome aboard! :thumbs up::cool:

ELFMAN
20th May 2011, 03:26 PM
Remember - Once you're in, we've got you FOREVER!!!!!!
:bigwave::motoring:

Pleasure to meet you and Matthew on the run and great to have you as an 'official' member of the gang. :welcome:

Parkibob
20th May 2011, 11:11 PM
Cheers to all for the messages, already feeling part of the gang, great forum :thumbs up:

gillianmcd
20th May 2011, 11:19 PM
Cheers to all for the messages, already feeling part of the gang, great forum :thumbs up:

:thumbs up: I agree! It's awesome on here! Everyone is so lovely :D