PDA

View Full Version : New Member + Classic owner

The Retro Junkie
17th May 2011, 11:09 PM
Hello all,

Recently arrived home after a fantastic blast around the Highlands with some of the delightful chaps (and chapettes) from this very forum, so thought I'd sign up and join in on the fun.

I'm Matt, an 18 year old (going on 80) with a penchant for Minis new and old. As a result, I bought my first Mini - a 1961 Mk1 Morris Mini 850 - when I was 16 with the hope of restoring it and taking it to various shows up and down the country.

As the name suggests, I'm a big lover of old stuff, be it music, clothes or cars.

When I passed my driving test, I faced the same problems as most young people my age - namely insurance. With this in mind, I started driving a 998cc Mini Mayfair which I upgraded slightly to make it a little easier to live with.

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/matt-smoke-grey/CHALKIE/Chalkieattchurch.jpg

This car is unfortunately now for sale as I've since moved onto a 2003 MINI One.

The One is Chilli Red with a works bodykit, but carries some wheels that I'm keen to get shut of in place of a set of 17" fondmetal alloys sitting in the garage. I'm yet to get out and take some decent pictures of the car, so I apologise for not being able to let you all see the car and pick holes in it :laugh:

Also, you'll have noticed I'm from Englandshire. I apologise, although I did live and spend some of the happiest years of my life in Stirling, which I still class as my hometown, having moved there aged 3.

I'm also hoping to put a few more faces to names on here as I'm a student journalist (don't worry, I won't be hacking your phones) and I'm currently doing a bit of writing for love:mini, an online Mini magazine for new and old Minis.

Full credit to you if you've just read all of the above, and sorry for wasting a whole 15 minutes of your life!! :laugh:

Gismo
17th May 2011, 11:24 PM
:welcome:

Craig
17th May 2011, 11:30 PM
:welcome: Matt ;)

Nice cars :yes nod: good to meet you at the weekend. We were the ones who were sad to be waving u off at mallaig !

AndyP & Lenore
17th May 2011, 11:37 PM

We were the ones who weren't even at Mallaig to wave you off. :frown:

The white Mini looks :cool::cool:

A. :D

Mini Ecosse
18th May 2011, 06:04 AM
Hi :welcome:

stoney
18th May 2011, 07:36 AM

GCA3N
18th May 2011, 08:42 AM
Welcome along.

Stewart
18th May 2011, 10:05 AM
I actually started reading that thinking oh new member I'll just say Hello, then I woke up:thumbs up:

Parkibob
18th May 2011, 10:17 AM
I actually started reading that thinking oh new member I'll just say Hello, then I woke up:thumbs up:

LOL nice one Stewart, I see you did a few stops on the way home, battle field of Culloden and some other military related site which i can't recall now :smilewinkgrin:

Colin
18th May 2011, 11:04 AM

The Retro Junkie
18th May 2011, 12:02 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes! :)

Nice to see a few familiar faces from the Highland Run and a few familiar names from Total MINI too.

This is the Mk1 I'm currently restoring. Apologies for the poor picture resolution

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/matt-smoke-grey/OLIVER%20MK1%20MINI%20RESTORATION/P9201672.jpg

baptie
18th May 2011, 12:55 PM
Welcome Along, tidy classic there

RobSco
19th May 2011, 05:48 PM
Hi

Welcome to New Mini Scotland... :thumbs up:

Duncan Stewart
19th May 2011, 07:03 PM

Get any decent pics of my Mini at the weekend when you were leaning out the window when you were in front of us :smilewinkgrin: - any chance of copies if you did?