PDA

View Full Version : ARGH damn you runflats!

sh@z
27th July 2004, 01:48 AM
Just noticed yesterday that my front passenger side tyre had a huge nail in it .... thought to myself hey it can be repaired no problemo... boy was i wrong!

Took it to Newlife Tyres and they said nah cant repair the runflat tyre.

Headed over to Dunedin, the tyre guy had a look and said no it cant be repaired! BUT if you had the Dunlop runflats they could be repaired, just the Pirelli cannot. :blackeye:

So im like DAMN!!

2 new pirelli fronts cost like £155 a tyre .. cheapest i could find!! and i dont wanna keep the runflats ... and no point replacing one front when other is half worn ...

So... as of tomorrow getting Goodyear Eagle-F1's 215/40's on me car :D for a little bit more than 2 front runflats (not what you know, who you know as they say lol)

So anyone wanting 3 Pirelli Eufori@ Runflats for their cars? with about 7k miles on them? hehe

sh@z

GAJ
27th July 2004, 03:03 AM
The F1's are magic! And they look cool too!

sh@z
27th July 2004, 03:07 AM
hope so :cool:

was either those, or Pirelli P Zero Nero's

GAJ
27th July 2004, 04:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z

hope so :cool:

was either those, or Pirelli P Zero Nero's

I believe thoose are good too. You can really drive like a hero with the Zero Nero's!:clown:

I'll get my coat!

DNV122
27th July 2004, 05:34 AM
Sh@z - I need two new ones for the front - any donations gratefully accepted !

sh@z
27th July 2004, 07:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

I believe thoose are good too. You can really drive like a hero with the Zero Nero's!:clown:

I'll get my coat!

OUCH!!! :blackeye:

Get out ye!!! :evil: lol

quote:Originally posted by DNV122

Sh@z - I need two new ones for the front - any donations gratefully accepted !

I wouldnt mind selling u them for a fraction of the price of a set of new ones ... if u want em let me know mate :P ;)

AberdeenMini
27th July 2004, 08:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z
BUT if you had the Dunlop runflats they could be repaired, just the Pirelli cannot. :blackeye:

Strange, i was told by 2 garages that my Dunlop runflats couldn't be repaired! :evil:

ny152
27th July 2004, 08:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by AberdeenMini

Strange, i was told by 2 garages that my Dunlop runflats couldn't be repaired! :evil:

Dont you mean MY runflats :p.

p.s. tyres are fine on mine, not too bumpy at all. Must be that sports plus suspension of yours Steve :blackeye:.

Wul
27th July 2004, 04:56 PM
Sh@Z - Kwik-Fit Mobile repaired the puncture on my Pirelli runflats a couple of months back - don't listen to newlife - it's only because they can't remount the runflats with their machine!!

KFMOB do it with levers and a wee portable machine no problemo and it's only a tenner! :)

GAJ
27th July 2004, 05:01 PM
Yup, I've had a Pirelli runflat repaired too at National in Ferry Road. The Farmers place opposite Safeways at Piershill repair them too, they've got all the latest tools.

sh@z
27th July 2004, 05:39 PM
Yeah but wat i dont understand is why Dunedin BMW told me it couldnt be repaired either and that I needed a new tyre?? Cos at first he wasnt sure, then when he went out, looked at tyre etc etc he said nah canne be repaired..

GAJ
27th July 2004, 06:03 PM
Oops! I had Goodyears repaired, soz!

As with all tyres only the middle third of the tread area should be repaired. There is also a maximum size of hole that can be plugged. Maybe your hole is in the wrong place or is too big.

If anyone sniggers reading this, you want to have a word with yourself!

sh@z
27th July 2004, 06:26 PM
lol ... you had to word it like that didnt you!

the nail is near the tyre wall, so im assuming, since the tyres are runflats, repairing a hole near the tyre wall (which ultimately has to be the runflats strongest bit) i guess it cant be repaired... :(

Ah well, Goodyear Eagle F1's here i come, should get em fitted later today :)

AberdeenMini
28th July 2004, 02:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by Goldmini

quote:Originally posted by AberdeenMini

Dont you mean MY runflats :p.

p.s. tyres are fine on mine, not too bumpy at all. Must be that sports plus suspension of yours Steve :blackeye:.

I appologise Allan, i correct myself, YOUR runflats! Glad to hear your liking them, i think its definately the SS+, i absolutely hate it!!!!!!!!! :(

macblob
28th July 2004, 04:44 AM
You cant fix any tyre with a hole in the sidewall, runflat or normal tyre