PDA

View Full Version : Whining from the passenger seat when driving fast

The Dogfather
27th July 2004, 12:41 AM
I noticed a constant whine coming from the front passenger seat during the Cullen Run. It was only present whilst driving fast when trying to keep up with the Cooper S in front. I also found there was a strange squeeling noise from the tyres during cornering.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Paul

R7 ETH
27th July 2004, 01:07 AM
:D
I have that whine too but only at weekends when i get the car

3GGG
27th July 2004, 01:36 AM
Yep I've noticed that - its the governor that causes it I believe.

lightbody
27th July 2004, 02:03 AM
The fact is - you can be driving the MINI very fast, without even realising it, and without feeling that you're pushing the limit of the car (because you're not). Passengers aren't "connected" to the car in the same way as the driver, so don't necessarily enjoy it! My Leon Cupra R owning friend had to have a shot before he realised what I meant...

This, incidentally, is why the MINI will thrive regardless of whether Top Gear declare it as a 'cool car' or not - its a blast to drive and this will stop it being a flash in the pan like the Beetle etc.

DNV122
27th July 2004, 06:21 AM
Whining starts (but I can't hear it) when I leave the house on a run and come back late on a Sunday (after promising to be home at 12pm !).
The whining was transmiited through my mobile phone also...

DNV122
27th July 2004, 06:23 AM
oh yeh - the whining is also present in the big car, but only after being stopped for speeding..

john
27th July 2004, 07:51 AM
I bet when you got home you said well at least I have the car home too:D

Julz
27th July 2004, 05:07 PM
No whining from my car, the only noises were this humming from the passenger seat along with quiet sounds of 'hmmm, I quite fancy a mini....':D:D:D:D

Burple
27th July 2004, 10:16 PM
Nope...
I don't get any whining at all...

I do get other noises however, usually when keeping up with bigger faster cars (Like Porsche 944s and BMW M5s, and Dutch Motor bikes on twisty roads...

It sounds a bit like
"Haaaaaaahahaha<giggle>hahahahahahahahaha..FASTER.. .FASTER..Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha...Whhhh eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!" ;):D:D:D

Julz
27th July 2004, 10:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

I do get other noises however, usually when keeping up with bigger faster cars (Like Porsche 944s and BMW M5s, and Dutch Motor bikes on twisty roads...

It sounds a bit like
"Haaaaaaahahaha<giggle>hahahahahahahahaha..FASTER.. .FASTER..Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha...Whhhh eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!" ;):D:D:D

Ewan, honestly, we really don't want to know!!:eek::blackeye::I

X30YES
29th July 2004, 05:47 AM
Nope no whine from my passenger seat when driving fast ....drive solo and have loud moozik hahaha

speedd
29th July 2004, 09:42 PM
I have a Whine and the engineers at the local garage have told me its called J4GS :eek:
I had this whining throughout the course of the day :blackeye:.... the only time it stopped was on the last 200 mile leg of our journey down when one tried to sleep :p

btw did i mention I now have a Jimmy HAT :cool:

Julz
29th July 2004, 10:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by speedd

I have a Whine and the engineers at the local garage have told me its called J4GS :eek:

Come here while I stand on your shoes!!:mad::evil:

speedd
29th July 2004, 11:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Come here while I stand on your shoes!!:mad::evil:

:approve: i kick your bottom..:dead: now stand down liddle girls else i'll put you in Brushy's cage and keep the banter low b4 i get busted :clown:

Julz
29th July 2004, 11:25 PM
:approve: i kick your bottom..:dead: now stand down liddle girls else i'll put you in Brushy's cage and keep the banter low b4 i get busted :clown:

eeeek, nooooo!!:clown: Busted by who??:evil: