PDA

View Full Version : Wax / Polish on black trim

Neil - TXJ
14th May 2011, 04:51 PM
Hi.

Wax / polished the car the other weekend and have now got some White Staines on the black plastic trim around wheel arches etc.

Any idea how to get off. Have some Chemical Guys Gel which brings up the trim great but can still see the White residue.

Any ideas appreciated.

Neil.

David Wynne
14th May 2011, 05:23 PM
Heard that peanut oil can get rid of it. Can buy it in the supermarket for around a quid.

Gismo
14th May 2011, 06:26 PM
Heard that peanut oil can get rid of it. Can buy it in the supermarket for around a quid.:thumbs up:

Doug_m
14th May 2011, 07:13 PM
Pencil rubber/eraser ;)

Neil - TXJ
Thanks guys. Craig suggested peanut oil for cleaning my vinyl but couldn't find so used smooth peanut butter which worked fine. Guess I need to extend my search for peanut oil!

GCA3N
Peanut oil does the trick as said.

David Wynne
15th May 2011, 06:29 PM
Tesco sells peanut oil. Occasionally its put in the bizarre / exotic food section rather than next to the Vege oils et c.

Craig
15th May 2011, 06:43 PM
Tesco sells peanut oil. Occasionally its put in the bizarre / exotic food section rather than next to the Vege oils et c.

yup, what he said.... Thats where to buy it from... I use tape now as a preventative method... ;) well, I used to when I had a MINI.... :frown:

Neil - TXJ
15th May 2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks guys, I tried the Tesco near the south side of the Forth Bridge and didn't have any - will need to extend my search!

Peanut Butter was out again and done a decent job but a pain to use!

GCA3N
16th May 2011, 06:05 AM
well, I used to when I had a MINI.... :frown:

you know what to do then.....:yes nod::smilewinkgrin: