PDA

View Full Version : Mini I pod connection

R7 ETH
26th July 2004, 07:14 PM
I know this topic is rife on Mini2.com, but i wanted to know if it is possible to connect my future mini I pod to my mini ?

I have the standard tape deck up front and a 6 disc changer in the boot.
Anyone know what i need to connect the I pod up to the car ? how much it woul be and where i could get the parts ?

ta muchly:cool:

3GGG
27th July 2004, 12:34 AM
I use the mini iTrip FM transmitter, but I believe that BMW are bringing a proper kit out for connecting the iPod to the Steering Wheel controls, but don't know if it is available yet. If your MINI has the aux input then you can use that, mine is too elderly and I have only the basic wave cassette system also. There is also a kit that connects to the CD input, I'm sure mikeythemini will be able to help you. He is the expert by all accounts.
Congrats on the new iPod mini - I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Sorry I can't be of more help with the cabling/connector question.

R7 ETH
27th July 2004, 01:06 AM
Yeah thats what i was thinking of buying was the radio transmitter thing but what is the sound quality like ?

3GGG
27th July 2004, 01:34 AM
Its OK for me - given the combination of the adjustable equaliser in the iPod and the bass/treble in the headunit you can get it to sound as you like. I'm not a car hi-fi nut - don't have huge sub woofers in the back, just want to listen my tunes on the go. Frankly when the driving the engine and road noise covers up any slight imperfections in sound quality anyway. If you want an iTrip mini, email me and I'll be able to recommend the place I got mine from.

Steve74
27th July 2004, 02:45 AM
Suggest you go for the Dennon Ice-Link from newministuff.co.uk. I have that one and it's excellent as it charges and lets you switch tunes from the wheel if you've got the MFSW. Bit pricy though and a pane to fit.

Big Col
27th July 2004, 05:48 PM
Just to throw in my ickle opinion I think the iTrip sucks! Trying to get a free station in a city is a nightmare!

3GGG
27th July 2004, 07:51 PM
Agree if you live in a big metropolitan area with hundreds of pirate stations darn south , but no problems round rural or even urban areas round here.

R7 ETH
27th July 2004, 08:22 PM
Well plans are on a hold for it now:( because Comet have decided to cancel my order due to no stock:dead: So i have ordered one from Apple UK should be here middle of August:eek: