PDA

View Full Version : Oil Leak

The Enrique's
1st May 2011, 10:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

Just decided to share my recent experience from Eastern BMW/Mini when i booked my car 3 weeks ago before going back to work for a regular service. No problem what so ever with my car just due for a service, chili pack at 23000 miles. Stephen who is in the service dept phone me up afterwards and said that they notice an oil leak after the oil change, their technician suggested that the leak is coming from the sump and new gasket is needed. Ask how much it's going to cost me??? He said £189, i then did not let them do it because i know and a have check my car before the service and find nothing wrong with it and even gave the engine a good clean. Service finished take the car back home and after a week i then notice one day the present of oil in our drive. Check the car and oil is everywhere in the engine bay, dip stick level is on the low level line. Phone them up immediately and ask them to pick the car up as my friend suggested not to drive it to newbridge as i might blow the engine. Now it's Scott who is in charge in the service dept and then ask the where about of Stephen and he said.. he is no longer with them, thank God, nothing personal to him but he could have check the judgement made by their technician about their first diagnose the problem because the cause of the problem Scott said is the oil filter not properly fitted when they change it, he then appologises of what happen. Drove it to Aberdeen going back to work and no more oil leak... so happy ending :thumbs up:. Lesson learned! Never believe immediately the service advisor said.... unless you trust him. Will i use them again??? It's a big NO.:ragin:

satans little helper
3rd May 2011, 05:32 PM
i never trust garages they just tell you anything :ragin:

although sump gasket going is meant to be very common on minis! mines is also needin done :argh: