PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl cleaning help

Neil - TXJ
30th April 2011, 02:32 PM
Hi

The car is getting a good clean, polish & wax today but I have got polish / wax on my matt black vinyl.

Any body got any suggestions on what to use to clean the wax/polish of the matt vinyl?

Cheers

Craig
30th April 2011, 06:08 PM
Hi

The car is getting a good clean, polish & wax today but I have got polish / wax on my matt black vinyl.

Any body got any suggestions on what to use to clean the wax/polish of the matt vinyl?

Cheers

Peanut oil from tesco or smooth peanut butter ;)

Scottie
30th April 2011, 06:16 PM
are you talking about your graphics or the plastic trim on your car?

Neil - TXJ
30th April 2011, 07:37 PM

Thanks Craig. Sounds random but will give it a try.

Neil - TXJ
30th April 2011, 07:38 PM
are you talking about your graphics or the plastic trim on your car?

It's the graphics, the matt black stripe to be precise.

ianking
1st May 2011, 08:59 AM
Swisswax do a range now specially designed for matt black bits. Its called the opaque range. Polished bliss will sell it.

Neil - TXJ
1st May 2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks Ian.

Neil - TXJ
2nd May 2011, 04:49 PM

Considering Ian's solution was going to cost over £20 for a bottle thought I would try peanut oil. Tesco didn't have any so it was the smooth peanut butter option and it was worked a treat.

Thank you very much for the suggestion and will need to keep a look out for some oil as I am sure it would be easier to apply than the peanut butter.

Thanks again.

Neil.

Craig
2nd May 2011, 05:02 PM
Considering Ian's solution was going to cost over £20 for a bottle thought I would try peanut oil. Tesco didn't have any so it was the smooth peanut butter option and it was worked a treat.

Thank you very much for the suggestion and will need to keep a look out for some oil as I am sure it would be easier to apply than the peanut butter.

Thanks again.

Neil.

RESULT !!

happy to help Neil, I suppose its a plastic of sorts anyway... ;)