PDA

View Full Version : An Absolute Disgrace.......

Gismo
27th April 2011, 09:17 PM
........ the so called best football teams in Spain, the Real Madrid v Barcelona footy match is blighted by the cheats and play actors of both teams, feigning injury and anything else they can do to win fouls or get opponents booked for nowt.

Compared to last nights other semi final this game is an absolute shocker and to think that millions of people are watching this spectacle.

I hope both teams are severely censored by FIFA, but i doubt it cause they are Europeans too :ragin:

The Dogfather
27th April 2011, 10:00 PM
Best pantomime in years, Barca will hopefully stuff United in the final.

GCA3N
27th April 2011, 10:15 PM
Switched off at half time as I thought the first half was a fiasco.

Craig
27th April 2011, 10:18 PM
And people wonder why I prefer rugby. Cheating bunch of pussy's :ragin:

The Dogfather
27th April 2011, 10:22 PM
Messi is a genius though.

N16SHP
27th April 2011, 10:22 PM
And people wonder why I prefer rugby. Cheating bunch of pussy's :ragin:

Couldn't agree more Craig. At least in rugby, if you don't like someone you ring his bell until the ref comes in and stops it, you don't pull his hair and call him names and then when you mate comes along hide behind him and then pretend you want a go! A well known phrase just totally sums it up: Football is a gentleman's game played by thugs, and rugby is a thugs game played by gentleman!

Craig
27th April 2011, 11:13 PM

Agreed, he is one of the good guys ;)

weefossy
27th April 2011, 11:51 PM
Barca are a bunch of wonderfull players who "con" every ref to get their own way....cheats. I really wanted Real to stuff them.

By the way, a Ball is round.....any game that plays with a ball that isn't round is stupid.......end of. lol

The Dogfather
28th April 2011, 02:44 AM
By the way, a Ball is round.....any game that plays with a ball that isn't round is stupid.......end of. lol

Here! Here!

Craig
28th April 2011, 07:30 AM
Fight !!!!!! :lol:

Big Gordy
28th April 2011, 08:27 AM
I'll stick with the rugby guys on this one (mainly because they're bigger :p)
Never been a football fan TBH. I'll watch events like the world cup but that's about it really....just don't get the attraction of football:confused: Most forms of motorsport are my thing with bikes being top of the list:thumbs up:

zimbo
28th April 2011, 09:47 AM
I'll stick with the rugby guys on this one (mainly because they're bigger :p)
Never been a football fan TBH. I'll watch events like the world cup but that's about it really....just don't get the attraction of football:confused: Most forms of motorsport are my thing with bikes being top of the list:thumbs up:

You must have been reading my mind big man, I agree 100% with this :yes nod:

I've never been a football fan either and never will be, it's just absurd REALLY REALLY ABSURD the amount of money these lot get for kicking a ball around which is what it all basically boils down to. As has been said in here already, they are just like a bunch of actors faking injuries, having strops(spelling?) when they don't get their way etc etc

Im with Craig and Gordy here, rugby is a great sport and a mans sport.
Motorsport is also my thing just like BG, with talent and skill applenty on show :thumbs up:

Football = :moonie:

Burple
28th April 2011, 10:10 AM
Switched off at half time as I thought the first half was a fiasco.

This and This... I missed Messi's goal because of the first half :laugh:
The wee guy's amazing!

AndyP & Lenore
28th April 2011, 10:12 AM
You're all wrong.

A proper fight to find the best player should be fought between two men on a small court with a thin net between them. Give them a couple of bats to hit the ball with so that when they screw up they have something to throw at each other.

http://i.treehugger.com/UsedTennisBalls.jpg

A.:thumbs up:

Edit: At least in Tennis you don't get any prima donnas, fakers and drama queens.:laugh:

Colin
28th April 2011, 10:15 AM
You must have been reading my mind big man, I agree 100% with this :yes nod:

I've never been a football fan either and never will be, it's just absurd REALLY REALLY ABSURD the amount of money these lot get for kicking a ball around which is what it all basically boils down to. As has been said in here already, they are just like a bunch of actors faking injuries, having strops(spelling?) when they don't get their way etc etc

Im with Craig and Gordy here, rugby is a great sport and a mans sport.
Motorsport is also my thing just like BG, with talent and skill applenty on show :thumbs up:

Football = :moonie:

I'm with you guys, don't see what all the fuss is about football? It's the amount of money they get paid that really winds me up :argh: totally disproportionate for the job they do??

Neil - TXJ
28th April 2011, 11:39 AM
I am not going to defend footballers but the argument they get paid too much could be used in a lot of sports be it tennis, golf and probably rugby for the top players. What about F1 drivers are they not paid stupid amounts and it is not to compensate for the danger as many people race at a weekend and get paid nothing.

I fully accept that a lot of professional footballers give the sport a bad name but you could argue a lot of sportsman get paid too much.

The Dogfather
28th April 2011, 12:30 PM
Supply and demand guys, if people are willing to pay the ticket prices, the Sky subscription and buy the merchandise then the top players will get that amount of money.

ELFMAN
28th April 2011, 12:49 PM
Apart from Motorsports, I really enjoy watching a good game of Football, Rugby, Tennis etc. I used to love playing footy, tennis and badminton - although not simultaneously - when I was younger and had lungs.

Watching that fiasco last night was (apart from the wee man Messi) a waste of 90 minutes.

Grown men flinging themselves into a screaming heap and writhing in agony - and that was them just getting off the Team Bus! My God-Daughter Imogen could give them lessons in 'Guts', she does horse riding and just picks herself up after being thrown, stomped and thumped etc by a huge animal. These no-shame poncey prima donna poseurs are so concerned with getting their opponents booked and/or sent off that they seem to forget why they're on the pitch in the first place. Some of them might be skillful footballers, but that seems to have taken second place to Stage-School amateur dramatics and downright bare-faced cheating. I think they should have an 'exchange' tournament where the top Rugby and Football teams play a series of matches against each other in each other's sports. Barcelona Vs Wigan RFC anybody?

If it's a Barcelona Vs Man United final, I hope (it's probably a vain hope and despite misgivings about the overblown omnipresent conglomerate nature of M.U.) that United give them a right royal humping. :yes nod:

Craig
28th April 2011, 01:21 PM
Supply and demand guys, if people are willing to pay the ticket prices, the Sky subscription and buy the merchandise then the top players will get that amount of money.

Prob is Paul, if I want to watch the golf, I have to pay for the whole sports package... :(. Caught! Most of the money goes to the footie!

The Dogfather
28th April 2011, 05:11 PM
Prob is Paul, if I want to watch the golf, I have to pay for the whole sports package... :(. Caught! Most of the money goes to the footie!

True but golfers are just as overpaid.

If it's a Barcelona Vs Man United final, I hope (it's probably a vain hope and despite misgivings about the overblown omnipresent conglomerate nature of M.U.) that United give them a right royal humping. :yes nod:

I hope the class of Barcelona comes to the surface once they get past the 'footie anti-christ' that is Jose.

I also hope they hump Manure so badly that Fergie has no choice but to retire and that Wayne Rooney hangs up his boots and opens up a retirement home for old prostitutes, he'd be a lot happier and less angry young man.

AndyP & Lenore
28th April 2011, 06:08 PM
One of the few lessons I remember from P7... We had a moral debate on the wages of Doctors Vs Professional Sportsmen. Class split into two sides. We had the side that had to argue the case that Sportsmen should be paid significantly more than Doctors. The other side, were arguing for the Doctors.

The debate didn't last long and our side was obviously completely destroyed. Teacher at the end said something like... "So how come it's the opposite?"

Nuff said.

A.