PDA

View Full Version : Moblie Phone help...Have you ever unlocked a phone?

Stewart
22nd April 2011, 05:57 PM
Just spent the day shopping and as its my Sisters Birthday I got her a new Phone as as she does is complain that her old pink phone dies on here as its been abused, dropped, sat on you name it.

Anyway she is a stickler for not budging she likes things as they are so she picked up on this White Samsung Galaxy Mini and its great as all she does is phone and text nothing fancy but she is on an orange sim only monthly contract and that what she has to have on it.

Fair enough went in got the phone and told the girl I just want the phone sim free, no problem got the phone and I go away happy. My fault for not making sure that we were on the same wave lengths. Got back charged it and got her Orange sim and of course it came up locked on O2..

So Phone the shop not a problem to get the money back but I would rather she had the phone as its taken her so long to pick it and find a white one.

Can I just go down the shop down the road that unlocks them?
Is this a painless procedure as I’ve never done it.

Delboy
22nd April 2011, 10:15 PM
Hi Stewart. Yes, you could get it unlocked but that would void the warranty - not advisable on a brand new phone imho.

Probably best to return it unless you move to O2.

jdl_1967
22nd April 2011, 11:16 PM
I've unlocked a few HTC. Phones for free just by using wrbsites like this one.

http://www.code2unlock.com/unlock

I haven't used this one, but a few minutes on Google will find more.

Never had a problem with phones I've done this on.

Don't pay £35 shops charge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stewart
23rd April 2011, 02:56 PM
Done and dusted and working fine.................Cost £10 mind for 5 minutes work down at the local shop, dearest green progression bar I've seen:smilewinkgrin:

I think £5 would have been spot on but hay ho.

I know what your saying about doing yourself I did take a look and it was register and pay £3.99. Also I know we probably cant take it back to the O2 shop if there is a problem if there was i'd be on to Samsung direct.
Just needed it quick as my Sister is going to a wedding on Friday.