PDA

View Full Version : Super urgent !!!!!!!

andykintore
21st April 2011, 06:44 PM
well my mini is dead , urgently need an s works engine , anything considered !!!!

stoney
21st April 2011, 07:06 PM
You may be as well geting an s eng and putting the bits on that u would get in a word I.e hard and pully air filter ect ect

Mon the fish
22nd April 2011, 07:19 AM
Hardly worth getting a JCW engine, won't be that common anyway. Get an S engine, then put on the mods you want (pulley, cam, head, injectors etc)

ELFMAN
22nd April 2011, 08:02 AM
Ditto.

I reckon (if you ever sell the car) the 'premium' you'd get for having a 'genuine' Works engine would be minimal - and not worth the bother of hunting for one. (and who's to know if it's kosher or what kind of condition it'll be in?). I got about £1K 'extra' when I traded in my JCW210 - after spending about £5+K on the Works parts (brakes, suspension and engine etc) over 5 years. I knew this would be the case anyway and loved the car, so it didn't bother me.

Like the guys have said, you can get the same power from a tuned S engine, so IMO that's the way to go - once you get the engine in and running, you can do it over time, spreading the cost.