PDA

View Full Version : Lochgilphead!

gillianmcd
19th April 2011, 10:35 PM
Hello everyone!

Is anyone from Lochgilphead or surrounding areas? Is there much to do socially there? I may have to move for work & am a bit worried I might become a lonely old woman & have to buy loads of cats for company!!! Ha ha! :D

GCA3N
20th April 2011, 06:02 AM
I used to drive through there on my way to Aberdeen when I lived on the Isle of Arran. It's not a big place for sure but looked nice. As for what's to do there then I guess only time will tell when you move, it certainly will be a change of pace for you.

gillianmcd
20th April 2011, 08:22 AM
I used to drive through there on my way to Aberdeen when I lived on the Isle of Arran. It's not a big place for sure but looked nice. As for what's to do there then I guess only time will tell when you move, it certainly will be a change of pace for you.

Hey, yeah I've been through it plenty of times as my parents live in the Mull of Kintyre (which is only an hour away from Lochgilphead - one of the advantages of going there) but I'm a bit concerned that my social life is going to take a nose-dive! Mmmm don't know what to do! :)

GCA3N
20th April 2011, 09:05 AM
Hey, yeah I've been through it plenty of times as my parents live in the Mull of Kintyre (which is only an hour away from Lochgilphead - one of the advantages of going there) but I'm a bit concerned that my social life is going to take a nose-dive! Mmmm don't know what to do! :)

I am right in saying your moving from Edinburgh? if so I can't imagine it going any other way than down the way, sorry but it's not going to compete with the city life.

ianking
20th April 2011, 08:45 PM
One of my mates recently moved there for work.
Belive it or not it was the only place a young budding lawyer could get work.

He said there are 2 pubs, both very small but not bad boozers. Other than that there aint much to do.
Happily he likes going to the pub. I keep meening to go up for the weekend as I too like pubs.

gillianmcd
20th April 2011, 11:07 PM
Ha ha! Maybe I should make friends with your friend & I'll have someone to go to the pub with! I'm the same - I'm well qualified with good experience in my job but the nhs is struggling with funding to give me a permanent job! Grrr! I have an alright social life in Edinburgh but to be honest you can often feel isolated in a city rather than a country community? :-)

Scottie
20th April 2011, 11:14 PM
I have a brother, uncle and nephews all down that way a bit further down mind in Tarbert and others at Inverary. My grandparent stayed at Campbeltown. I'm trying my hardest to think of something positive to say about the area....... Oh aye nice fish.LOL

gillianmcd
20th April 2011, 11:19 PM
I have a brother, uncle and nephews all down that way a bit further down mind in Tarbert and others at Inverary. My grandparent stayed at Campbeltown. I'm trying my hardest to think of something positive to say about the area....... Oh aye nice fish.LOL

Ha ha ha! Cheers now!
My parents live near campbeltown - I really like it down there but a bit concerned as I'm younger than 80 years old I might not fit in?! Single as of last year too which poses other problems about meeting people!! Ha ha
:-D

Scottie
20th April 2011, 11:23 PM
Ok well you will pass my uncles place at Tarbert.... Mundells... you will also know there is only one road down and one road out. LOL

Ha ha ha! Cheers now!
My parents live near campbeltown - I really like it down there but a bit concerned as I'm younger than 80 years old I might not fit in?! Single as of last year too which poses other problems about meeting people!! Ha ha
:-D