PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Grand Prix **Spoiler**

N16SHP
17th April 2011, 09:51 AM
...WOW! What a race. Literally glued to it from start to finish. Great drive from Mark Webber and Lewis. To finish just a second behind his team mate after starting 17 places down the grid from him...amazing!

Final thought for the day? Alonso in 7th, 30 seconds down and behind his team mate...still the best driver in formula 1??? :hand:

The Dogfather
17th April 2011, 10:09 AM
Agree it was a brilliant race, and not just because of the result, Hamilton and Massa drove superbly whilst Webber's drive has to be right up there with the best.

Alonso trading places with Schumacher, world champion veteran's race ;)

GCA3N
17th April 2011, 10:39 AM
Yeh Neil best race I've seen for a while Hamilton was outstanding.

Gismo
17th April 2011, 10:45 AM
Great race, Webber's pace at the end was amazing, where was it in the earlier rounds.
At least we didn't have to suffer Vettel's No 1 finger pointing up and no sign of a handshake from him to anyone in the Park Ferme :sad: :lol:

N16SHP
17th April 2011, 11:20 AM
Great race, Webber's pace at the end was amazing, where was it in the earlier rounds.
At least we didn't have to suffer Vettel's No 1 finger pointing up and no sign of a handshake from him to anyone in the Park Ferme :sad: :lol:

I HATE his stupid back to front No. 1 pointing!! I did see him shake Webber's hand in Park Ferme though.

Neil - TXJ
17th April 2011, 12:36 PM
Did webber have a different tyre strategy to everybody else. If not how did he make up th places?

Gismo
17th April 2011, 01:16 PM
Did webber have a different tyre strategy to everybody else. If not how did he make up th places?He had technical problems during the qualifying so therefore had nice new tyres for the race and i'm guessing that's what helped him so much

zimbo
17th April 2011, 05:06 PM
Best race I've seen in ages and ages... NO idea what Button was thinking when he came in for his 1st stop though!! wot a fanni :rolleyes:.

I wonder if we see or hear anything about that fud Alonso and his rear spoiler being up (being used) when it should not have been used, but I guess coz it's him and it's ferrari nothing will be said or done about it. :moonie: (even if it was briefly, as far as we know) rules are rules. great job by Webber, Massa and the McLaren boys today.

Shame that Di Resta lost out on 10th place towards the end of the race :frown: he is doing an awesome job so far :thumbs up:

euan
18th April 2011, 01:28 PM
Agreed with all that's been said, Webber was unbelievable at the end (he started on hard tyres hence why he came from nowhere, and had soft tyres spare in buckets as he didn't use them in qualifying).

Vettel is really beginning to be my hate figure, the finger wagging and the b******s he is sprouting after getting pole and winning races is doing my nut in. Too much thought has gone into it to be honest, whereas with Lewis all you got was a "Wahoo!" - which i suspect is what I'd be doing ;-)

Di Resta is really showing his class, wouldn't be a surprise to see him in better team soon as Sutil is always regarded as a real quality driver and he's getting wupped by the new boy at the moment.

Also, nice to see some pace from the Mercs, about time they did something useful!