PDA

View Full Version : A non Mini

N16SHP
16th April 2011, 06:38 PM
Well, as part of my Dad's birthday, I promised him I'd stop spending all my time on my car and give his car a right good going over. I sadly don't have any before pics as it never crossed my mind until after I was done. However, here are two that show up the car at its best I think. It's a tricky colour because in the photographs, it doesn't look that impressive but in the flesh its pretty awesome!

Process was a hand wash using Autoglym Car Shampoo and wheels with Bilberry Wheel Cleaner. Dried using an amazing huge waffle towel which didn't need rung out once for the whole car then a quick go over with Autosmart Tardis (This was the first time I'd used it and WOW. I dunno where this stuff has been all my life, it just dissolves the tar!) washed again and dried again. Then a layer of Poorboys White Diamond, and finished off with Poorboys Natty's Paste. Trim was done with Meg's trim detailer (as I left my new Autoglym stuff to try at home :argh:) and Meg's tyre gel (which if anyone has any others that they recommend, let me know as I think the Meg's tyre stuff is pretty crap!)

Comments as always good and bad appreciated!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5027/5624505493_c272a6a335_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5301/5624507855_53c4792017_b.jpg

GCA3N
17th April 2011, 06:09 AM
Looks ace Neil a cracking job mate.:thumbs up:

As far as tyre gel goes, chemical guys stuff is the best I've used. It's a gel like the megs stuff but lasts about 10 times longer.

The autosmart tardis is 1st class agreed it was Ian King I think that put me onto this about 18 months ago.

N16SHP
17th April 2011, 09:48 AM
Looks ace Neil a cracking job mate.:thumbs up:

As far as tyre gel goes, chemical guys stuff is the best I've used. It's a gel like the megs stuff but lasts about 10 times longer.

The autosmart tardis is 1st class agreed it was Ian King I think that put me onto this about 18 months ago.

Yeah, I just couldn't believe that you literally sprayed a little on, give it 20 seconds, and then it just wipes off. Didn't even need to give it a good scrub, just wiped off!

Craig
17th April 2011, 01:27 PM
Nice job Neil ;)

Doug_m
17th April 2011, 05:12 PM
Nice work.

Should also consider blackfire 'tire gel' it lasts ages after a couple coats and is mega water repellant on plastics ;)

Sheilz
17th April 2011, 09:54 PM
A ha! That explains why you were bestowing tlc on a non-mini when I passed you. I take it your dad is delighted with the result. Very sparkly :thumbs up:

N16SHP
17th April 2011, 10:24 PM
Yeah, the best part was he left just after I started, and returned once I was done, so he got the full effect. Even parked in the garage last night, something he never normally does, even though it was a clear night forecast lol!