PDA

View Full Version : aberdeen mini owner

andykintore
14th April 2011, 09:13 PM
evening all , recently purchased a 53 plate cooper s works after mant years without a mini , sadly the engine sems to be quite poorly , anyone know of any garages apart from my local bmw steeler who can possibly look at this ..

andy

Forbes
14th April 2011, 09:23 PM
evening all , recently purchased a 53 plate cooper s works after mant years without a mini , sadly the engine sems to be quite poorly , anyone know of any garages apart from my local bmw steeler who can possibly look at this ..

Welcome Andy. Maybe remove your number.

I have used Old Mill Motors (opposite John Clark's) and Custom Dubz before. Both have been good to me. If you use Custom Dubz mention my name ;)

Other than that welcome. And hope it gets sorted soon

andykintore
14th April 2011, 09:27 PM
cheers for the reply its a works number so its ok , cheers , whats the mini scene like up here , used to have a few cooper s 500 old minis but need to move on since moved to aberdeen

having a battle of the garage i bought it from , but need to get it fixed either way , struggling to get anyone to look at it , will give them a bell tomorrow , think it may need a rebuild

Mini Ecosse
14th April 2011, 09:29 PM
Hi, :welcome:

Craig
14th April 2011, 09:37 PM
aye, :welcome:

andykintore
14th April 2011, 09:37 PM
of work tomorrow if any of any can pop to kintore to have a listen to my sick puppy coffee and bickies supplied , not allot of knowledgeyet on these new style minis

Thanks for the welcomes , glad to see mini nuts are still as friendly as ever ....

Craig
14th April 2011, 09:40 PM
if you can make the journey, Craig Noble at Knockhill knows MINI's inside out and is very reasonable (well price wise anyway) :lol: let me know if you want his number ;)

andykintore
14th April 2011, 09:42 PM
i can not sure the mini will !!!! its sounding like a bag of hammers , changed the cam tensioner , but think its major stip down here , based in aberdeen will see if i can find anyonewho can tackle it .. dread going to bmw with it

Forbes
14th April 2011, 11:36 PM
If its a rebuild maybe be aswell speaking to Craig... not sure who I would recommend here

GCA3N
15th April 2011, 06:05 AM
Welcome along hope you can get this sorted asap mate.

Mon the fish
15th April 2011, 07:31 AM
Unusual for one of these engines to fail tbh, they're pretty sturdy. Chain tensioner and cam followers can both go, but easy fixes - these both show up as rattles

Gismo
15th April 2011, 08:50 AM
:welcome:
Sorry to hear about the engine, are you absolutely sure it's stock and never been "upgraded"

I would seriously consider taking it to Craig Noble at Knockhill, even the cost of hiring a transporter to get it there will be cheaper than the overall BMW repair.

N16SHP
15th April 2011, 09:10 AM
Welcome to NMS.

I use AW Autotech on Arrdaroch Road down beside the beach. They are now equiped with a full BMW Mini diagnostics machine, and two of the mechanics have experience working on BMW Mini's. I got my steering pump fixed there, and saved me about £400 compared to what John Shark's wanted to charge me!!!

Hope you get the problem fixed!!

andykintore
15th April 2011, 09:56 AM
cheers for all the replies will try and get hold of craig , and see when he can fit it in , may see if i can get a diagnostics done on it also

Gismo
15th April 2011, 10:40 AM
Sure you've done it already, but, make sure you got the correct amount of engine oil on the dipstick, maybe the top end has had oil starvation resulting in the bag of spanners noise

Penny Louise
15th April 2011, 10:46 AM
Welcome to the site !

Colin
15th April 2011, 11:07 AM
:welcome: Hope you get the engine sorted!

andykintore
15th April 2011, 11:09 AM
yeah did an oil change engine flush as well put over 4.5 lts in just un case it was lack of oil , looked on you tude few similar cars have posted same fault !!!

..S-J..
15th April 2011, 05:12 PM
Welcome to NMS.

I use AW Autotech on Arrdaroch Road down beside the beach. They are now equiped with a full BMW Mini diagnostics machine, and two of the mechanics have experience working on BMW Mini's. I got my steering pump fixed there, and saved me about £400 compared to what John Shark's wanted to charge me!!!

Hope you get the problem fixed!!

I would also recommend AW Autotech, there work is good and are very well priced compared to other local garages

Flash_Amber
16th April 2011, 06:15 AM
Welcome on board!

Duncan Stewart
16th April 2011, 09:10 PM
:welcome:

andykintore
20th April 2011, 08:51 PM
well folks the cars of to see Craig Noble tomorrow for a rebuild will keep ya posted seems Aberdeen garages are just after mot in and out's , that the thing i miss since i moved here from Newcastle , my friends have vw motorsport garages , but the distance is a killer !!!!

hope to see ya all out and about soon ...
do you guys ever have a get together in Aberdeen ?.

Craig
20th April 2011, 10:20 PM
Good news that Craig is looking at for you .... ;). Hope it gets all sorted soon and for not too much ££ :yes nod:

Gismo
21st April 2011, 09:34 AM
Your car is in excellent hands :thumbs up:
Keep your eyes posted for mention of a meet up, plenty in Aberdeen often meet up for photoshoots etc

andykintore
21st April 2011, 06:42 PM
welll my dear car is needing an engine transplant soo now on the look out for a works engine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh poooooo

Forbes
21st April 2011, 07:10 PM
Andy we do have meets occasionaly. Usually a couple a year, I'm just hella busy to organise anything

Doug_m
21st April 2011, 08:42 PM
Ad be keen for one since its lighter nights.

Ben, hoora busy? Who u kidden haha

Forbes
21st April 2011, 09:08 PM
Ad be keen for one since its lighter nights.

Ben, hoora busy? Who u kidden haha

I'm upto my eye balls in uni books. Last month ken. Been doing 8 till 4s for uni then to work til 10. Sooks

Doug_m
22nd April 2011, 12:47 AM
Lol

We'll get sumin sorted for summer then

andykintore
5th May 2011, 10:59 PM
evening all , hopfully have the car poss back on the road next week , full engine transplant needed will keep ya posted

Jim Burns
6th May 2011, 11:38 PM
try clark motorsport in Kintore, was there today getting eibach springs & alingment done, place is spotless & there was a ferrari in getting work done when i dropped my car off, nice guys too (gave me a lift back to blackburn & picked me up when job done), better still £40 per hour. good luck