PDA

View Full Version : From the ELFMAN

ELFMAN
14th April 2011, 04:38 PM
Just to let you know I'm off to hospital for an operation :knife: next Tuesday, :frown: so if I disappear from the website for a wee while, that's the reason - I'm not in the huff.
Got a phone call today saying they had a cancellation - so I went for it. It also hopefully means that I'll be fighting fit for the Highland Tour. :thumbs up:

Hopefully once I get sorted out, I'll be back, relieved, and ready to :motoring:

Colin
14th April 2011, 04:42 PM
Best of luck Euan, hope it all goes well for you :thumbs up:

N16SHP
14th April 2011, 05:03 PM
Good luck Euan, hope it goes smoothly for you!!

Craig
14th April 2011, 05:14 PM
All the best Euan from All at NMS HQ... :thumbs up: Hope all goes well, mind if you need someone to keep yer car from seizing up then just give me a shout.... ;)

look forward to seeing you soon. :yes nod:

Gismo
14th April 2011, 06:08 PM
All the best Euan from All at NMS HQ... :thumbs up:What he says

Stewart
14th April 2011, 06:08 PM
"fighting fit for the Highland Tour. "

:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

I see Craig got in there first but as you know there is no need as you left the car to me in the Will:smilewinkgrin:

Only joking:hand:

Good luck and hope it all goes well. If you come back on and say that you like Andy's new seats we know normal service has resumed.

AndyP & Lenore
14th April 2011, 09:02 PM
Best of luck dude. Hope it all goes well for you.

A & L.:thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
14th April 2011, 09:34 PM
All the best next week
Stephen & Allyson

Crombers
14th April 2011, 09:43 PM
See you in May :cool:

Neil - TXJ
14th April 2011, 11:07 PM
Hope it all goes well.

ELFMAN
15th April 2011, 08:18 AM
Many thanks folks. :thumbs up:

zimbo
15th April 2011, 09:59 AM
All the best Euan.

Sheilz
15th April 2011, 10:30 AM
Good luck with the op. I'm sure you'll be running around like a spring lamb in no time at all:sheep::thumbs up:

Penny Louise
15th April 2011, 10:55 AM
Good luck for your operation! Im sure all will be well :D

GCA3N
15th April 2011, 11:41 AM
Good luck Euan:thumbs up:

ianking
15th April 2011, 12:11 PM
All the best Euan and hope you are all better soon.

Big Gordy
15th April 2011, 02:13 PM
Here's hoping you have a speedy recovery from your 'strapadicktome' operation wee man:moonie::smilewinkgrin:

The Dogfather
15th April 2011, 04:57 PM
So will you be needing a new username when you come back? Elfwoman?

Good luck with the op and speedy recovery

ELFMAN
15th April 2011, 07:45 PM
Went for my 'Pre-Assessment' examination this afternoon... OPERATION CANCELLED and postponed for at least 6 weeks. :argh:

My Blood Pressure's too high for a General Anaesthetic, so instead of having an op on Tuesday, I now have to go back to my GP and get my BP sorted out and THEN go through the whole rigmarole again. ABSOLUTELY GUTTED!

:thud:

Many many thanks for all your kind words and good vibes, sorry it was a false alarm.
Keep the positive thoughts coming though - I still need them! :thumbs up:

BTW Dogfather, I believe the correct term would be 'ELFPERSON' :smilewinkgrin:

Craig
15th April 2011, 08:40 PM
Bugger !! Never good when you get yourself mentally ready for something and it doesn't happen...

Gotta watch the BP tho ;)

Stewart
15th April 2011, 11:43 PM
I'm sure we can get the BP down on the HT.........Fresh Air, Scenery. "Getting Some Outdoor Time – Enjoying just 20 minutes of nature time can quickly lower your blood pressure by 11%. Having fun outside helps"

ELFMAN
16th April 2011, 01:46 PM
I'm sure we can get the BP down on the HT.........Fresh Air, Scenery. "Getting Some Outdoor Time – Enjoying just 20 minutes of nature time can quickly lower your blood pressure by 11%. Having fun outside helps"

I'll be the one doing 35mph, checking my BP Monitor every 5 miniutes... :smilewinkgrin:

MINI William
16th April 2011, 05:18 PM
Gutted for you Euan. Just seen this thread

Burple
18th April 2011, 11:27 AM
Ach, that sucks Other Euan...
Best of luck with the BP tho, hope you can get that sorted to get the Op over and done with. the waiting is a total PITA! :frown::frown:

rpn
18th April 2011, 01:52 PM
Stay off those pies and go easy on :beer:

You'll be sorted with the BP! :smilewinkgrin:

ELFMAN
18th April 2011, 03:19 PM
Cheers Folks.

If only it WAS pies and Beer - life would be a lot simpler!!! (come to think of it, I could murder a Pint... or vice-versa)

stoney
18th April 2011, 04:05 PM
elfman just seen this and text you twice now :lol: all the best

Stoney

weefossy
19th April 2011, 09:39 PM
Hope all goes well Elfman , were thinking of you :thumbs up:

zimbo
20th April 2011, 09:37 AM
That sucks Euan, sure you'll get your BP down before you know it :yes nod: and just remember that your NMS family are thinking of you :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
20th April 2011, 01:02 PM
You're a fine bunch. :thumbs up: :yes nod:

Going to doctor's this afternoon to hopefully start the "Lower The BP" campaign.
How come I have 'BP Ultimate' when I always use 'V-Power'? :argh::ragin:

ELFMAN
21st April 2011, 08:18 AM
Doc told me BP not "dangerous", so bit of a relief there. New date for Op - 31st May, so have to get the BP down for that to be a goer!

Craig
21st April 2011, 08:48 AM
Great news Euan ! Hope it all works out :thumbs up:

Gismo
21st April 2011, 09:24 AM
Good to hear Euan, always too often our working environment causes high BP especially trying to meet deadlines etc, my advice, take the week off before your operation :thumbs up: or at least before the BP check

AndyP & Lenore
21st April 2011, 10:52 AM
Best of luck in getting the BP down mate.:thumbs up: Been fighting with that for years.:sad:

A.

ELFMAN
21st April 2011, 11:28 AM
Thanks guys Something I've discovered over the last few months - it's not until you have certain problems that you realise just how many people are similarly affected... which is comforting and worrying at the same time!

When all this nonsense is done and dusted, I think I might 'reward' myself Automotively.... (that sounds vaguely disgusting, but I mean the car - which I decided needed nothing doing to it - might get something done to it after all...). Stay tuned.