PDA

View Full Version : Dent Central

AndyP & Lenore
13th April 2011, 09:27 AM
A few weeks ago we were in Vardy in Edinburgh. Another MINI pulled up next to us and the woman flew her door open and it thunked into the side of our blue MINI.:ragin::ragin::ragin:

It was a rotten day for weather with lots of rain and the car was filthy so when I checked the car I couldn't see any dents or scrapes.

But sure enough, at the last wash I could see a clear vertical dent in the penal next to the filler cap and a scratch leading up to it.:ragin::ragin:

The scratch I can fix myself, no bother.

The dent required the expert help of Dent Central (http://www.dentcentral.co.uk).

Jamie came out this morning, stripped out the inside of the car, knocked the dent out and it looks as good as ever. This is the second time we've had a dent fixed by Dent Central and their work as ever, was absolutely first class.:clap::clap:

So, if you've got a dent, these guys come highly recommended.:thumbs up:

A.:D

Craig
13th April 2011, 10:19 AM
Good you got it fixed :thumbs up: but not great that people can't take care... especially MINI owners... :thud: :ragin:

AndyP & Lenore
13th April 2011, 10:51 AM
Good you got it fixed :thumbs up: but not great that people can't take care... especially MINI owners... :thud: :ragin:

I know. Whn she did it I was like... "WTF!". Dosey bint. :ragin:

A. :(

GCA3N
13th April 2011, 12:00 PM
Firstly gutted for you mate and glad it is sorted. Sorry to sound cheeky but roughly how much was it Andy? The reason I ask is the dent I have in my bonnet with a stone (boulder) that whacked off it a while back.

I covered it with the new striped but the dent is annoying me. I presume they are mobile?

GCA3N
13th April 2011, 12:06 PM
Jamie doesn't cover my area but gave me the name of another guy that covers Stirling area, he said he was very good. Will give him a shout.

ELFMAN
13th April 2011, 02:43 PM
What a complete s*d Andy. Good to know that Dent Central do a decent job.

I used 'ChipsAway' once to repair a small dent and deep scratches around my filler cap area - ended up getting my money back and putting the car into Douglas Park repair centre in EK. To be honest, I wasn't at all impressed with them either - too long a story to go into here, but shocking for a 'BMW Approved' bodyshop.

I still have a couple of very small dings in my roof which I've touched up and left it at that (one is a remnant of falling slate damage which caused the afforementioned hassle and the other is on the leading edge where a stone whacked it on an NMS run last year). They're not too noticeable and TBH I can't be @rsed spending any more time and money on it! I'll get around to sorting them out... sometime.

Stewart
13th April 2011, 05:19 PM
Glad you got it fixed apart from some slight stone chips and my Alloys getting some damage there when the new Tyres were put on I’ve been lucky. Lucky and fit as I park two miles away in for example in the Morrisons car park. I have my own spot:blush:, or it could be everyone else just likes being at the door.

I hate dents especially if you wax your Car, you just get annoyed every time you see it. Good always to know that there is some hope with a talented mobile repair. To be fair even if he did not cover my area and was good I’d drive to him.

KenL
13th April 2011, 05:57 PM
I have used dent central in edi when I had a ding near the filler cap on my red r56 Cooper. Great job, 50 quid in 07.

AndyP & Lenore
13th April 2011, 09:12 PM
Sorry guys, posted this up this morning then went out for the day.

Greig, it looks like you've made contact with them. Like Jamie says, he doesn't cover your area, but the Stirling guy is absolutely first class too. We've had a dent fixed by him also, which happened when our car was in Menzies bodyshop a few years ago.

Cost today was £65 + VAT. Took him 1 hour.

A.

GCA3N
14th April 2011, 06:01 AM
Sorry guys, posted this up this morning then went out for the day.

Greig, it looks like you've made contact with them. Like Jamie says, he doesn't cover your area, but the Stirling guy is absolutely first class too. We've had a dent fixed by him also, which happened when our car was in Menzies bodyshop a few years ago.

Cost today was £65 + VAT. Took him 1 hour.

A.

Nice one Andy, thanks for that mate.:thumbs up: