PDA

View Full Version : Menzies in Stirling

GCA3N
12th April 2011, 07:20 PM
Anyone dealt with these guys? opinions views etc.

As my nearest dealers now was wondering what they were like.

Cheers folks:thumbs up:

stoney
12th April 2011, 08:34 PM
:lol: i would PM Fi if i was you

i used them once and never again :lol:

did not like the service i got they used to be a sponcer of the site a few years back now but after the manger left so did the sponcer :thud:

Sheilz
12th April 2011, 08:38 PM
I bought Dougall from Menzies and no problems with service from a buyer's point of view. No other contact with them

Stewart
12th April 2011, 08:45 PM
Bought my Car there and the only problem was that a few days after I was back to swap for a new Alloy and tyre as someone had swapped what was on the car for a poor reconditioned one with a tyre just on the legal limit:frown: I don’t mean that in a underhand way as the recon was on the car when I went to view it but I had new car blindness:smilewinkgrin: although I did raise the Tyre that was in poor shape when I was viewing.

An hour later and new Alloy and Tyre put on off a unregistered car in stock.

I can’t complain about the service but then I only had dealings with them when I bought the car. They did offer me after a bit of a barter twice what HF Irvine did for my old Honda.

Craig
12th April 2011, 11:28 PM
Walks in.... "no comment Ma lud"

Leaves ........

;)

AndyP & Lenore
13th April 2011, 12:16 AM
Walks in.... "no comment Ma lud"

Leaves ........

;)

Safest bet mate. :lol:

A.:D

GCA3N
13th April 2011, 06:20 AM
not so good then, oh dear. Looks like I am in for a drive then:sad:

AndyP & Lenore
13th April 2011, 07:39 AM
Is Grassic's in Perth not almost as close.

We bought the red MINI there.

Only problem with Grassics is they charge a full "rental" for a "loan car" if you haven't bought a car from them in the past. Usually about £50 a day! Rather than the usual... "you insure it or pay £10 and we'll insure it" job.

Can't say I've used their workshop though.

But then, I haven't used Menzie's workshop either, just heard the horror stories of the few who have.

A.

GCA3N
13th April 2011, 08:51 AM
Cheers Andy thanks for the info mate.

zimbo
13th April 2011, 11:42 AM
Grassicks all the way Greig, this is my 3rd mini from them and I dont have a bad word to say about them, excellent service from an awesome dealership IMHO and my future mini if any will also probably come from them too assuming they have what I am after at that time.

GCA3N
13th April 2011, 11:50 AM
Grassicks all the way Greig, this is my 3rd mini from them and I dont have a bad word to say about them, excellent service from an awesome dealership IMHO and my future mini if any will also probably come from them too assuming they have what I am after at that time.

Superb mate, sorted then be heading there instead. Thanks for the info good to know I can have confidence now. :thumbs up:

Hey their postcode is PH1 3GA must be a good omen.

GCA3N
13th April 2011, 11:58 AM
Car booked in thanks folks.:thumbs up:

Stewart
13th April 2011, 05:22 PM
Whats it going in for then? First service?

GCA3N
13th April 2011, 07:08 PM
Whats it going in for then? First service?

No Stewart, long story basically the night I put the JCW shift lights in I must have knocked the brake pedal sensor whilst my head and shoulders were wedged in the footwell. Didn't know this until 4.30am the following morning getting into my car to head to Aberdeen. Ending up Kim gave me a lift in.

I think that it will be a quick fix, but due to the time constraints and it being like have past silly o'clock I never got a chance to investigate.

Spoke to the garage and told them that I might have knocked it and I was going to have a look on my return from work. I said that if I sorted it I would cancel the booking and they were cool about that.

ianking
14th April 2011, 08:08 AM
Ive bought a car from there for Sarah and also had work done on my own car. Both quite painful experiences in the end but I wont post them up on here.

Colin
14th April 2011, 09:45 AM
It's a shame that good garages seem to be few and far between! It seems to be hit or miss if you get good service?

Flash_Amber
14th April 2011, 08:38 PM
I bought my car from grassicks, couldnt fault them. We noticed a bulge in one of the tyres after having had the car for a couple of days, they changed it no quibbles. I've not been in for a service yet but certainly the sales team are top drawer!

ajamesj
14th April 2011, 09:31 PM
Grassicks for me everytime bought 3 Minis from them had all servicing and warranty work carried out on all of themby the dealership and cannot fault the service in anyway.

Crombers
14th April 2011, 09:39 PM
There was a time when we were all 'cosy cosy' with Menzies & oor Ian was the 'muts knackers'

Sad we no longer have this 'relationship' but times move on blah de blah .............................

Me 'sentimental', ............. Nah!!!!!! :sad:

Jojhnnyboy
14th April 2011, 10:16 PM
We bought a 1 series through menzies and had the same fault 3 times in 6 months, after a bit of negotiation we ended up with the Mini so good news. They were generally sympathetic and I cannot fault them on the deal for the Mini but it was a right pain having the 1 series break down all the time and not being sorted.
Now the Mini has been back a couple of times and they have addressed every item we have brought up and to date it has either been under warranty or TLC.
In summary both cars have had problems, they have been sorted, maybe not the first time but still sorted and the after sales service is pretty good.

gauldrymini
15th April 2011, 12:10 PM
...Grassicks for us.

EcosseGP
20th April 2011, 04:26 PM
I think it always depends on who you get & ask for .. A. Couple of folk in the parts department (one being Callum) are very helpful whilst one is a nightmare .. I called into the garage ordered a part he then forgot to order a part for me then when I called back in he even denied to me I'd been in to order the part the week before .. A mate of mine does work in the body shop there & would help anyone he could without a hassle.. However not too sure I'd take my car in for routine service work so it'll be Dundee or Perth at the mo for me too ..

jam80s
20th April 2011, 06:26 PM
I'd recommend JC's in Dundee Brian service desk is very helpful.

jdl_1967
20th April 2011, 07:57 PM
I think all garages, just as everyone else at the moment are trying as hard as they can to reduce costs as it's hard times for us all. Whether that means they employ less staff, leaving their current staff overworked, fight warranty claims when perhaps before they would have covered issues before, higher costs etc etc.

This might mean that customers possibly don't get the service they hoped for (deserve)!

Sadly just a sign if the times.

It doesn't stop me being annoyed when on the receiving end though!

As for passing comment about a specific garage, I'll pass on that right now if I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GCA3N
21st April 2011, 06:01 AM
I think all garages, just as everyone else at the moment are trying as hard as they can to reduce costs as it's hard times for us all. Whether that means they employ less staff, leaving their current staff overworked, fight warranty claims when perhaps before they would have covered issues before, higher costs etc etc.

This might mean that customers possibly don't get the service they hoped for (deserve)!

Sadly just a sign if the times.

It doesn't stop me being annoyed when on the receiving end though!

As for passing comment about a specific garage, I'll pass on that right now if I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for that. Don't think there is anything wrong with either asking how people have got on with a specific garage or indeed telling others your own opinions. At the end of the day a garage that does not look after it's customers doesn't deserve them. We are all facing challanging times ahead so everyone is in the same boat regarding cuts etc you'd think this would have the oposite effect on service, as garages fight to stay open customers are the biggest commodity.

zimbo
21st April 2011, 10:22 AM
Don't think there is anything wrong with either asking how people have got on with a specific garage or indeed telling others your own opinions. At the end of the day a garage that does not look after it's customers doesn't deserve them. We are all facing challanging times ahead so everyone is in the same boat regarding cuts etc you'd think this would have the oposite effect on service, as garages fight to stay open customers are the biggest commodity.

:clap: I agree 100% with that Greig.

Garages that give great sevice deserve to be acknowledged for that fact and deserve to be recommended to other people so that they too can get the service that they expect for their particular vehicles, this is why people like myself always end up going back to that same garage, I am a loyal customer and I know I get great service and always have and always will, so I will always promote that to other folk. Life is too hectic and too short to be thinking to yourself (or worrying) is my car going to be in safe hands, is my car going to come back fully or partially fixed blah blah blah. I personally do worry about things all the time and at least I know when my car goes into Grassicks it's in the safest place possible and I wont have anything to worry about which lifts a huge weight off my shoulders.

Bad garages (or known to be bad ones) only have themselves to blame for what ever happens to them, shooting themselves in the foot so to speak, I have no sympathy for those places, "you reap what you sow"

** sorry about the huge story/rant Greig :rolleyes:**

GCA3N
21st April 2011, 12:35 PM
:clap: I agree 100% with that Greig.

Garages that give great sevice deserve to be acknowledged for that fact and deserve to be recommended to other people so that they too can get the service that they expect for their particular vehicles, this is why people like myself always end up going back to that same garage, I am a loyal customer and I know I get great service and always have and always will, so I will always promote that to other folk. Life is too hectic and too short to be thinking to yourself (or worrying) is my car going to be in safe hands, is my car going to come back fully or partially fixed blah blah blah. I personally do worry about things all the time and at least I know when my car goes into Grassicks it's in the safest place possible and I wont have anything to worry about which lifts a huge weight off my shoulders.

Bad garages (or known to be bad ones) only have themselves to blame for what ever happens to them, shooting themselves in the foot so to speak, I have no sympathy for those places, "you reap what you sow"

** sorry about the huge story/rant Greig :rolleyes:**

Your spot on, It's good to know that grassicks has a good rep and I can put it in there with peace of mind knowing they will look after her. I know it's only a car but she is my car and I want her looked after.

G17RDY
1st May 2011, 11:59 AM
Mmm, Menzies, nothing truly good or bad to report from myself. I bought a new MINI one from them around 5 years ago and the sale went well. I had ordered around £3k worth of extras on the car, and only had bother with one part, an Ipod interface. On delivery of the car, they told me it wasn't in stock and could be a few weeks, ok bit of a let down considering they had 6 weeks from order to delivery to get it all together but gave them the benefit of the doubt - None available in the entire country was the line i was given.

Weeks went by, and after several follow up phonecalls, still nothing, i paid them a visit, and spoke to the parts manager to see what the hell was going on!
Here's the funny bit.
When asked the parts manager turned round and said, there's good news and there's bad news, they are in high demand and there are none in the country still, but we only have one.
Me: Only one i said, so that's mine then?
PM: Well no, we only have one and we can't get anymore.
Me: But i only need one, and you have one, so why is it not getting fitted to my car.
PM: Yes but we only have one, and they are very difficult to get.
Me: I don't get it, you have one, i need one, so get it fitted.
PM: Mmm, but they are really difficult to get you see
Me: I don't give a .... how difficult they are to get, if you have one, get it fitted now, or i'll be calling MINI HQ
PM: Ok leave it with us, pick it up an an hour or two!

Besides the idiocracy of some people, i didn't have that particular car long enough to judge the after sales service of the car. Just thought i would share that little story!

Other nuggets of wisdom from me are - Stay away from Harry Fairbairn in Glasgow
Douglas Park in Hamilton are great, i've bought a few cars from them and always had really good service from tem.