PDA

View Full Version : Need to have some words...............

Sheilz
12th April 2011, 11:44 AM
..........with JC Aberdeen.

In March Dougall had been in for an inspection service. Came back with an advisory note that driver's wheel studs were damaged and though they had managed to refit them Dougall would need new ones and a hub. Was quoted £300 for parts and I assume labour too. Next stop was to the tyre fitter, the only other outfit beside JC that have been near Dougall's wheels. Unsurprisingly they tried denying anything was wrong but the chap said he'd get his boss to come back to me. Heard nothing so went back yesterday. After threatening to take the company to court the offending wheel and hub was removed. In the space of half an hour the studs were replaced, the stud holes cleaned up and I watched the studs being fitted without any difficulty.

So now I need to give JC a bollocking because clearly the quote of £300 was outrageous. Also makes me question how good their technicians are if they couldn't undertake the same minor remedial work as the tyrefitter did.

Just as well I decided to tackle the tyrefitter first though because given the misadventures I've had with wheels I'd been tempted to leave Dougall for the work to be done.

GCA3N
12th April 2011, 11:53 AM
Shielz how much the the other place charge?

Sheilz
12th April 2011, 12:49 PM
Nothing and got a free stud for extras. I think there was a tacit acceptance that they may have been responsible having been the only ones other than JC who had taken the wheels off.

GCA3N
12th April 2011, 01:24 PM
Nice result.

Forbes
12th April 2011, 02:54 PM
JCs recently have been hit or miss for me aswell. Seems they need a kick up the backside sometimes

Also I have started to solely deal with Alan from the service team, seems to be the guy to go to to get stuff done

Fairy
12th April 2011, 03:12 PM
Hi Sheilz

I now avoid JC Aberdeen like the plague - had a nightmare with them around a month ago...
Only reason I used them was because my GP was due for a service and its covered under the TLC
First off when trying to book the car in, the girl on reception was a nightmare to deal with, total bint with no common sense
Dropped the car off and told them NOT to wash it
Collected it at 5 that evening and first thing was they tried to charge me for the work!! Eh bolt!!!
Had to wait for over 20 minutes before they brought my car around for me, noticed immediately they had washed it!! :( Drove the car away and was about 10 minutes away when I noticed it had nearly 20 miles plus on the clock - was well hacked off, pulled over and called them to speak to the Service Manager - he tried bull sh*tting me that they had had to take it out to check the oil pressure?? To be honest I think some kid mechanic had taken it out for a blast on his lunch hour :( Told him I wasn't believeing him and asked to speak to the Showroom Manager - he called me back abut 20 minutes later apologising and offered me a full complimentary valet - told him where to shove his offer and that I wouldn't be near their place again, period

All in all - just overall cr*p service, baboons working there and and will be staying away in the future

Rant over!!!

Forbes
12th April 2011, 04:28 PM
Drove the car away and was about 10 minutes away when I noticed it had nearly 20 miles plus on the clock

See with mine I noticed I had lost 15 miles of fuel, but the car was in to get the passenger seat replaced

N16SHP
12th April 2011, 05:26 PM
JC Aberdeen...I'm saying nothing! Everyone knows my beef with them!!

Forbes
12th April 2011, 06:39 PM
Weird that no one can actually defend them. And the total opposite service from their Dundee branch aswell.

Sheilz
12th April 2011, 07:22 PM
I've never had much to gripe about with them before to be honest, well not that I can remember. No probs with excessive increase in mileage etc however think I've only ever checked it once tho. The mechanics test the motors in Altens so Fay is probably right, some young dude had been unable to resist the temptation however it just goes to show how free and easy they are with customers' cars. Will phone them tomorrow because Dougall is due another service. Think its an oil change this time but will be prowling the perimeter of the place to make sure he doesn't leave the premises without me knowing about it. I think I know the 'bint' you mean, she was a bit rude to me when I took Dougall in for his inspection service but was ok when I returned to collect him. Maybe it was too early in the morning for her.

Sheilz
12th April 2011, 07:25 PM
Seems they need a kick up the backside sometimes

I'm very good at kicking butt, its what the government pays me to do LOL