PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Beach Posse

AberdeenMini
24th July 2004, 09:08 PM
I've noticed there is quite alot of Mini's down at the beach most nights now, who are you's all? Nobody waves to each other!

minidriver#1
26th July 2004, 07:42 AM
i was up at Aberdeen a few months ago and not one mini waved, new or old. pah boy/girl racers!

Nenah
27th July 2004, 01:12 AM
Yeah, i live in Aberdeen and I do agree with you. There seems to attitude here in Aberdeen - other owner just want to check our if their car is better than yours!

Us new mini owners in Aberdeen must promise to wave like a crazy people at all minis from now on..

DNV122
27th July 2004, 05:39 AM
Does Aberdeen have a beach ? Us posh west-enders don't go near the sewage outlets !!!

The Dogfather
27th July 2004, 06:09 AM
I've been tried to acknowledge every Mini I've seen, so only one or to waves/flashes.

john
27th July 2004, 07:47 AM
I'm a flasher:D:D

AberdeenMini
27th July 2004, 07:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by Nenah

Yeah, i live in Aberdeen and I do agree with you. There seems to attitude here in Aberdeen - other owner just want to check our if their car is better than yours!

Us new mini owners in Aberdeen must promise to wave like a crazy people at all minis from now on..

Whats your car spec and whats it look like Nenah?

AberdeenMini
27th July 2004, 07:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

i was up at Aberdeen a few months ago and not one mini waved, new or old. pah boy/girl racers!

Have you got a private reg mate? If so i did see your car a couple of months ago, i remeber the absolute gigantic wheels! :)

minidriver#1
27th July 2004, 08:16 PM
no offence to the aberdeen lot, but even the gigs i've done up there people seem to not want to be interested unless you are from aberdeen. i dont know if its cos Aberdeen is away up on its own or what :P

Was it green? i dont have a private plate but i have massive wheels. lol.

Nenah
28th July 2004, 12:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by AberdeenMini

Black Mini Cooper S with 220 BBR conversion, 19" alloys, full options - you cant miss it as you'll hear it from 4 streets away :D- rego M3 RPM which will go on my partners car soon but changing it over when my new plates arrive to XII BBR as my car is No.12 of 50 limited edition BBR conversions. Hope to see you on the streets of Aberdeen and I WILL WAVE!

Nenah
28th July 2004, 12:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by AberdeenMini

Black Mini Cooper S with 220 BBR conversion, 19" alloys, full options - you cant miss it as you'll hear it from 4 streets away :D- rego M3 RPM which will go on my partners car soon but changing it over when my new plates arrive to XII BBR as my car is No.12 of 50 limited edition BBR conversions. Hope to see you on the streets of Aberdeen and I WILL WAVE!

Julz
28th July 2004, 12:18 AM

XII BBR as my car is No.12 of 50 limited edition BBR conversions.

Mine is no. 14 but I choose the number, I wanted 4 but I'd missed that, should have been 5!!

Fantastic plate though!!;):D Thought you might have chosen SHE3P!!
Baaaaaaaaaaa:blackeye:

Nenah
28th July 2004, 01:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

XII BBR as my car is No.12 of 50 limited edition BBR conversions.

Mine is no. 14 but I choose the number, I wanted 4 but I'd missed that, should have been 5!!

Fantastic plate though!!;):D Thought you might have chosen SHE3P!!

Baaaaaaaaaaa:blackeye:

In surviving that close call with the sheep with the death wish I think Ewe ;) might be right! I really wanted 220BBR plates. I never got to ask you on the weekend what No. your car was - I've got lots of questions to ask you about your the conversion next time I see you.:)

AberdeenMini
28th July 2004, 02:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

no offence to the aberdeen lot, but even the gigs i've done up there people seem to not want to be interested unless you are from aberdeen. i dont know if its cos Aberdeen is away up on its own or what :P

Was it green? i dont have a private plate but i have massive wheels. lol.

Yeah it was green, im quite sure it had a private reg but i cant be sure. The car looked very smart indeed :cool:

M4XNS
28th July 2004, 04:55 AM
I was down the beach the other night and followed a Indi Blue Cooper S and a Black Cooper S round for a little bit.

Not sure of the Black but the blue registration was R18 TAV.

We flashed and waved quite a few times at each other much to my delight !!:D

Also saw a red Cooper S With black bonnet stripes and black mesh grill who also waved.

I noticed that not all Aberdeen mini's wave though which is very sad and annoying :mad:

look forward to seeing some of you out and about soon

AberdeenMini
28th July 2004, 05:09 AM
I have to admit i rarely wave, i used to but i never got much (if any) replies, most folk probably thought i was nuts or something :I We should all meet up and go racing on the strip! :D

The Dogfather
28th July 2004, 05:21 AM
Just a thought but perhaps our usernames could also include our reg no. or at least part of it. That way when we see a Mini we could do a search to see if it's someone at NMS? eg. Bad Dog Mini (53KCY)

Sheilz
28th July 2004, 06:47 AM
There's an awfa lot of very aloof mini drivers in Aberdeen. My Hamish is SW04 CVC, Indie blue with saltire,and is a very friendly chap, but on the 7th August S9 ECY lec blue will be jaunting around town to show off his saltire. I think this one will be a boy too though I'm not sure if he'll be Hamish. Guess I'll have to wait until I see him.
Hi there to the chap I spoke to at the Shell garage, hope you enjoyed the Cullen run. I was miffed that I'd to work instead.
:D:D

Nenah
28th July 2004, 04:58 PM
Bad Dog Mini I agree - but I cannot seem to change my username in the Profile section to include my plate - anyone know how to do this?

I think the Aberdeen NMS should meet up down the Boule and give those Ned raceers a run for their money!

I saw two silver minis about town yesterday - young female drivers - I waved but they snubbed me - but I'm going to keep passing forward and manybe we'll start to change the attitude of these unfriedly drivers.

X30YES
28th July 2004, 05:05 PM
NP Oz or no worries mate !!!!:cool: as you would say ...Just ask Calum and he will wave his magic wand !!!!
I will go down the beach next week in Abz before I go offshore and see if I get flashed at ;)!!

MartinSullivan
28th July 2004, 05:07 PM
When I first got my S, everyone flashed and waved - but now I guess there are a lot more Mini's on the road and not all the drivers have been educated in the ways of the Mini. Like Nenah says if we keep it up maybe we will convert some of them.

Nenah, Monsta Mo can change your user name for you - flutter your eye lashes at him :cool:

X30YES
28th July 2004, 05:22 PM
Should have gone for 5HUG as a reg Sheilz :D would have given the wee chap a name right away .
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

There's an awfa lot of very aloof mini drivers in Aberdeen. My Hamish is SW04 CVC, Indie blue with saltire,and is a very friendly chap, but on the 7th August S9 ECY lec blue will be jaunting around town to show off his saltire. I think this one will be a boy too though I'm not sure if he'll be Hamish. Guess I'll have to wait until I see him.
Hi there to the chap I spoke to at the Shell garage, hope you enjoyed the Cullen run. I was miffed that I'd to work instead.
:D:D

M4XNS
29th July 2004, 12:45 AM
I would definately be up for a meet done the beach one night. Even if it was just for an hour or so. Would love to see everyone's face :D:Dif a few of us did some circuits up and down union st and the boule.

Gutted couldn't make the Cullen run cos of work:(, so would like something to lok forward to soon

Apart from my new wheels that are due to come on Friday heehee can't wait

MartinSullivan
29th July 2004, 01:02 AM
I would be up for this too, would be cool to get us all down there

The Dogfather
29th July 2004, 01:04 AM
I'm up for a meet as well. Just for the record if any one gets flashed by a red Audi that'll be me. I forget what car I'm in sometimes, did it the other day to a silver mini didn't half get a funny look!!!!!

Nenah
29th July 2004, 01:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

When I first got my S, everyone flashed and waved - but now I guess there are a lot more Mini's on the road and not all the drivers have been educated in the ways of the Mini. Like Nenah says if we keep it up maybe we will convert some of them.

Nenah, Monsta Mo can change your user name for you - flutter your eye lashes at him :cool:

Flutter flutter flutter...:kiss::kiss::kiss:

john
29th July 2004, 02:03 AM
I have seen ared Cooper with aero kit and bonnet stripes and he always waves as I do too:)

But Susan has my car more than me now and she does not wave:disapprove:

So if you see my car and it ignores you (in the words of shaggy) IT WASENT ME :D:D

Nenah
29th July 2004, 02:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

I'm up for a meet as well. Just for the record if any one gets flashed by a red Audi that'll be me. I forget what car I'm in sometimes, did it the other day to a silver mini didn't half get a funny look!!!!!

oh yes! Count me in too - I can do most nights after 6pm or maybe we could arrange for a Saturday/Sunday morning wee cruise and stop for lunch/breakfast or coffee for an hour? open to dates/suggestions.....:D

AberdeenMini
29th July 2004, 02:20 AM
This would be cool! Six or seven Mini's parked up at the beach! I'm up for it guys. My plate ends in '51 ZPP' by the way ;)

X30YES
29th July 2004, 04:50 AM
Monday eve would be ok for me ...(chopper to catch on the Tuesday Morning ...well fixed wing to Scaster first )!!

MartinSullivan
29th July 2004, 05:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Monday eve would be ok for me ...(chopper to catch on the Tuesday Morning ...well fixed wing to Scaster first )!!

You on the Brents then?

Monday evening is fine with me, who else?

We should group up well out of the way - like far end of the beach then do a full procession along the boulie, up union st etc.

Anyone fancy drinks/food before or after?

The Dogfather
29th July 2004, 05:16 AM
Might be able to make it on Monday Evening, but I would have prefered a weekend meet.

Nenah
29th July 2004, 05:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by Nenah-M3RPM

It obviously worked - note new user name!:D

Monday is good for me too - happy to meet for food before/after so long as its not the Inversnecky Cafe down the Boule :dead::dead:

Pleased to report: Two flashes and one cheesy grin & wave from drivers this evening!:)

Sheilz
29th July 2004, 05:52 AM
If I can get a shift swap I will come out to play too. Pressing business to attend to ahemm!
Someone suggested 'Wee Eck' for 'the bairn'. Am thinking about letting the kids at work choose his name. They are just as enthusiastic about his arrival as me. The list for 'hurls' grows by the day!
:D:D:D
Can someone confirm if this is a definite because I will have to be proactive tomorrow to manage this. OK?

X30YES
29th July 2004, 05:56 AM
B Delta Martin...I know hell on earth but a wee bit better than my last one in Nigeria (Bonga):D

You on the Brents then?

Monday evening is fine with me, who else?

We should group up well out of the way - like far end of the beach then do a full procession along the boulie, up union st etc.

Anyone fancy drinks/food before or after?

MartinSullivan
29th July 2004, 05:58 AM
Lets go for it then - seize the bull by the horns :D

Current people up for the run on Monday are

X30YES
MartinSullivan
Bad Dog Mini
M30RPM Nenah (in my new car :evil: )
Sheilz - if she can be proactive

MartinSullivan
29th July 2004, 06:00 AM

B Delta Martin...I know hell on earth but a wee bit better than my last one in Nigeria (Bonga):D

Spent a fair bit of time on the Delta and Charlie and did a fair bit of work on the F&G for the Bonga when it was in our offices in Manchester

Edit:- Repaired quote marks to show original poster :)

Thanx Bonnie, I was too lazy to do it ;)

X30YES
29th July 2004, 06:01 AM
G'day Sheia....howz the T shirt ....Whisky 'is-was' great !!!!:p

It obviously worked - note new user name!:D

Monday is good for me too - happy to meet for food before/after so long as its not the Inversnecky Cafe down the Boule :dead::dead:

Pleased to report: Two flashes and one cheesy grin & wave from drivers this evening!:)

X30YES
29th July 2004, 06:09 AM
interesting ...check out Photos http://community.webshots.com/album/113804040HeTzVV
http://community.webshots.com/album/124173401JNTQjc
http://community.webshots.com/album/113538232GiUDZY
If you have time that is ;)

[quote]Originally posted by X30YES

B Delta Martin...I know hell on earth but a wee bit better than my last one in Nigeria (Bonga):D[quote]

Spent a fair bit of time on the Delta and Charlie and did a fair bit of work on the F&G for the Bonga when it was in our offices in Manchester

Nenah
29th July 2004, 06:19 AM
Hooroo Angus - T-shirt is mighty fine if not a bit large but i feel very Gallus vearing it! See you Monday evening for the mini-mini-meet

Suggestions for where to meet anyone? My 2 pence: If we're going to eat and drink maybe Ferryhill Pub/Prince Regent/Dutch Mill as they have car parks or just at The Beach for the drive-by and then on for food? 6.30pm-7.00pm?

Sheilz
29th July 2004, 06:28 AM
Haven't been in the Dutch Mill since I was a student/barmaid. I think it was the recycled slops (I kid not) that put me off patronizing it!:(

Nenah
29th July 2004, 06:31 AM
Agreed Sheilz, scratch that one. I'm not an Aberdonian so I'm looking to you guys for suggestions! Then again, I've never eaten there and never will now!

MartinSullivan
29th July 2004, 06:33 AM
Thanks Sheilz for saving us from that one - glad to say I have never eaten at the Dutch Mill either

DNV122
29th July 2004, 06:36 AM
I'm up for this - Monday night is OK (going on leave mid week, so may not stay for long - go to pack), but we can always do this another time - after Cullen, driving down the beach is a doddle...

Sheilz - it was me you met at the Shell garage washing car in prep. Its filthy now, so you may see me at the garage again !

MartinSullivan
29th July 2004, 06:39 AM
Ok what about the tipping hatter as a start or end point??? Not eaten there for a while but the food used to be pretty good with plenty of choice and its right at the end of the beach road.

Menu is here if u want to cast your eyes over it.

http://www.hungryhorse.co.uk/2002/stable.html

Nenah
29th July 2004, 06:41 AM
Sounds good 2 me - hopefully M4XNS and John can join us too?

MartinSullivan
29th July 2004, 06:42 AM
Ok I'll start a new thread and we will see how much interest we can get

New thread available here

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2288

see ya all monday :D

Sheilz
29th July 2004, 06:55 AM
That sound fine with me BUT where is it!! Cant believe I've lived her for x years and dont know where it is. Will this be to eat before or after? Where's monkimagic? He's an Aberdonian as well. Hey Paddy, can you make it or are you working? Did i see you at the Bridge of Dee quite recently on your way home from work?

MartinSullivan
29th July 2004, 06:59 AM
Its the far end of King St, at the end of the beach Boulie (near Lidl)

Map here

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?pc=AB241XZ

I have put a shout out for Monki, John and Maxine to join us

MartinSullivan
29th July 2004, 07:06 AM

Wish I could say the same Nenah - my tally for tonight was

2 female drivers with their noses in the air
1 male driver who gave me the dirtiest look when I waved and flashed

oh and a flash from you :D

Nenah
29th July 2004, 07:15 AM

Wish I could say the same Nenah - my tally for tonight was

2 female drivers with their noses in the air
1 male driver who gave me the dirtiest look when I waved and flashed

oh and a flash from you :D

I pulled up next to a grey cooper S at Holburn St junction and he slowed down just to give me a biggest teethy grin I've ever seen...the sad part is, it made my day!...until I got your flash Martin!! Stuff the snubbers/foogies - we'll convert them to happy mini people yet - Keep on flashing Aberdonians!:D

Sheilz
29th July 2004, 07:28 AM
He maybe thought you were trying to pick him up! I think some folk are just too far up themselves. Yesterday I passed an older woman in Garthdee driving a green mini, think it had a white roof. Anyway her grin went from lug to lug. I was just about to flash her when I realised I was driving a Polo :I:I. No wonder she gave me the smuggest look ever. My mortification was complete at the bottom of Broomhill Rd when I found myself in a 4 car line of Polos and the wifie(I'm speaking serious wifie, wifie) in front of me gave me a knowing smile. I wanted to holler and scream - "I'm not! I'm not! My hair does not go with the Polo. I'm coordinated - funky hair, funky car!" Roll on Friday.

monkimagic
29th July 2004, 08:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

That sound fine with me BUT where is it!! Cant believe I've lived her for x years and dont know where it is. Will this be to eat before or after? Where's monkimagic? He's an Aberdonian as well. Hey Paddy, can you make it or are you working? Did i see you at the Bridge of Dee quite recently on your way home from work?

Hey !! Monkimagic is an Ulster boy, I will try to make monday. Depends if I am back up from Edinburgh !!!!!!!

X30YES
29th July 2004, 05:29 PM
Not sure where the pub is ... but I know King St, and will find it np I'm sure,7pm ish ?

AberdeenMini
30th July 2004, 02:12 AM
Wont be able to make it on Molnday nighht guys, i work :(

Sheilz
1st August 2004, 04:35 AM
One of the girls at work appeared this morning with a cs. Once Hamish had finished frolicking about it- woa down boy - I asked if she'd like to come along on Monday. Will confirm if she is able to join us. Jenni bought her dark grey cs privately and had not been properly indoctrinated into the way of the mini. I have rectfired this situation.

MartinSullivan
1st August 2004, 06:57 AM
Well done Sheilz, we just have to convert them one at a time :cool: