PDA

View Full Version : Interior product help required

N16SHP
31st March 2011, 04:33 PM
Afternoon folks,

I've got plenty cleaning products for the exterior of my car, but I've been thinking the plastic trim on the interior (Doors, below the handbrake, and around the gear stick) is looking a little dry and faded. Can anyone recommend me anything to use on this??

I used Black Hole on my piano black trim (as recommended by Ian :smilewinkgrin:) and it brings it up a treat, so just any recommendations on the rest of the trim would be great!!

Thanks in advance!

GCA3N
31st March 2011, 05:33 PM
Haven't tried too much interior stuff neil what I do use is BMW's own leather treatment. I use it obviously on the leather but also the black plastic too on the dash, doors etc. I am not sure if this would restore faded plastic but certainly brings mines up a treat.

Stewart
31st March 2011, 09:00 PM
Got to be 303 Aerospace Protectant for me for the top of the dash and interior plastics, protects from fading its like sun screen for your plastics. :thumbs up:

Here is what I like to have for inside.:smilewinkgrin:

303 Aerospace Protectant

Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care (great cheap use for the inside trim like doors and rear of the Mini as its cheaper) Plus great for the rubber around the doors and boot.

Autoglym - Fast Glass ( inside of the windows) oh aye go over the windows with few times with a dry clean cloth after, they look spotless then you see them in the sun the next day all the bits you missed....l

Meguiars Slide Lock Brush ( just to get at those bits you need to get a wee brush too):smilewinkgrin:

Not to mention the odd Microfibre cloth or pad.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/cat_10.html

AndyP & Lenore
31st March 2011, 09:41 PM
We (Lenore) uses G101 (diluted 1/20) on the interior plastics. Works a treat, especially cleaning off my Autoglym Car Glass Polish over wipes. :blush::blush:

I've got some 303 Aerospace in the garage. Will try it next time I'm detailing.

A. :D

Scottie
31st March 2011, 10:38 PM
Chemical guys All purpose cleaner followed by poorboys natural look this is great stuff by the way. Maintained by megs quick interior mist. Zanio for the leather

ianking
1st April 2011, 08:14 AM
G101 is a cleaner and will only clean, wont change the colour appearence of the plastics. Aerospace 303 is a protectant and it will slightly darken the colour but I would say its better for brand new cars or for those with very good condition plastic.

Personally I dont like the shiney silicon covered interior plastics, its a bit Glasgow used car sales yard look for me so I tend to go for a dressing that will bring it back to the look it had when it left the factory.
If you have the same taste as me then why not try jeffs satin pot that polished bliss sells.

Gismo
1st April 2011, 09:11 AM
Pledge :Whistle:

GCA3N
1st April 2011, 09:28 AM
Pledge :Whistle:

or baby wipes work too.

Stewart
1st April 2011, 12:47 PM
With the 303 I've always found it gave a really nice a long lasting satin look finish, personally the top of the dash justs need a quick dust and then this to bring it up like new.

Anything that is dirty would get hit with my Megs Hyperwash, or Megs All Purpose Cleaner before I used a dressing anyway.
What it comes down to in most cases is as always what you have to hand, if you have bought like have the 303 you will use it and thus can only comment on what I’ve used.

My mate used to use house hold products on his Porsche out with his AG shampoo and Polish and in all fairness it always looked fine. :smilewinkgrin: and one of those fecking magic trees that I hate that smell the place out:ragin:

Delboy
1st April 2011, 03:45 PM
Personally I dont like the shiney silicon covered interior plastics, its a bit Glasgow used car sales yard look for me so I tend to go for a dressing that will bring it back to the look it had when it left the factory.

So that only happens in Glasgow? :rolleyes:

Sheilz
10th April 2011, 10:52 AM
What do you use on the fabric of the seats? The r50 fabric was hellish for looking grey and faded but I notice the plain cloth trim on the newer seats is not much better though the stripey bit looks fine almost all the time.

N16SHP
11th April 2011, 11:08 AM
What do you use on the fabric of the seats? The r50 fabric was hellish for looking grey and faded but I notice the plain cloth trim on the newer seats is not much better though the stripey bit looks fine almost all the time.

Was that for me or Ian?

I haven't touched my seats, they get a hoover and that's about it really. I'm always pretty wary about putting anything on the seats incase it stains or incase it smells lol!

Sheilz
12th April 2011, 11:20 AM
Was that for me or Ian?

I haven't touched my seats, they get a hoover and that's about it really. I'm always pretty wary about putting anything on the seats incase it stains or incase it smells lol!

For anyone really that can recommend a product, not necessarily specifically for cars, that will work on the plain fabric areas. Maybe I need to start watching Aggie for a secret household tip. I tried AG fabric cleaner on specy and regretted it because of the residue it left so like you quite wary of trying anything else.
Dougall's coat was getting into a terrrible mess of spidery marks, I'm talking really really bad, embarrassingly bad, so me and Darren tackled it with the snow foam, clay bar, and the polisher he got for his birthday. I've been converted! Not only looking so much better but also notice more dirt washing off when hosing than did before. I guess there are less minute nooks and crannies for muck to cling onto. Sorry that was off topic!