PDA

View Full Version : Hello :)

gillianmcd
26th March 2011, 03:24 PM
Hello everyone!

My name's Gillian & after spending 5 years in Australia have moved back home to bonnie Scotland!
I have had my Mini Cooper S (56) for almost a year now & I love it! Trying to make some new friends so thought I would sign up!
When I was in Australia I did some navigating in a couple of tarmac rallies & absoutely loved it! I would love to get into doing something similar over here but not sure where to start....

Looking forward to chatting with you all! :)

lamdacore
26th March 2011, 05:56 PM
Hello and welcome :)

Where in Scotland are you? People here are from all over place :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

stoney
26th March 2011, 07:49 PM
:welcome: there are plenty of runs on in the year just post in the thread that u want to go that's all you need to do :)

Sent from Stoney planet

Mini Ecosse
26th March 2011, 08:08 PM
Hi :welcome:

Craig
26th March 2011, 08:09 PM
:welcome:

Where in Oz were you? Got relatives in Adelaide and Perth. The Perth folks are visiting us this year ;)

GCA3N
26th March 2011, 08:18 PM
Welcome along mate. Lets see pics of your car.

cooperchris
26th March 2011, 08:45 PM
Welcome to NMS :thumbs up:

An like greg says, Lets see some pics :yes nod:

Gismo
26th March 2011, 08:48 PM

AndyP & Lenore
26th March 2011, 11:11 PM

A. :D

RobSco
27th March 2011, 12:47 AM
Hi

Welcome to New Mini Scotland... :thumbs up:

gillianmcd
27th March 2011, 04:36 AM
25722573http://http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/album.php?albumid=154&attachmentid=2570

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! :) I'm in Edinburgh for the time being... Was in Perth - Western Australia....only a slight difference in the temperature ;) ha ha
I will definitely be interested in coming on a run! Will need to suss out this website to make sure I'm doing the right thing! Do you get together often?

Hope the picture worked...

gillian :)

GCA3N
27th March 2011, 08:43 AM
Beautiful car BTW love laser blue.

On the mini meets and social section you'll see this years events or atleast the ones that have been organised so far. Turn up on the day and have fun that's about it. The site is great and a good way to meet like minded people however the meets are the best bit, so get your name down:D

Flash_Amber
27th March 2011, 08:11 PM
Hi and welcome aboard :bigwave:

N16SHP
27th March 2011, 08:25 PM
Hey, welcome to NMS!! Lovely car, same as mine, but mine is chili red!! Laser blue with the white alloys and roof looks stunning I think!!

gillianmcd
27th March 2011, 09:09 PM
Hey, welcome to NMS!! Lovely car, same as mine, but mine is chili red!! Laser blue with the white alloys and roof looks stunning I think!!

Thanks! Your car is beautiful! I need to get out and about more in mine... ever since I moved to Edinburgh I've hardly driven it! Now with the nicer weather I should take it out on the weekends for a wee run! :)

JOHN MILNE
28th March 2011, 08:11 AM
:welcome::thumbs up:G'day

gillianmcd
28th March 2011, 08:19 AM
:welcome::thumbs up:G'day

Cheers John! :D

Penny Louise
28th March 2011, 09:47 AM
Welcome to the site :)

zimbo
28th March 2011, 09:51 AM
:welcome: Gillian, your mini looks really nice. Mmmmm Australia, loved the holiday I had there in 2004 (was there for 5 weeks!!) and would love to move out there for good to Brisbane :yes nod:

The mini meets/runs in here are great and sure you'll enjoy so as others have said, put your name down for one and come and see what you think and don't worry we don't bite :smilewinkgrin:

Colin
28th March 2011, 12:12 PM

gillianmcd
28th March 2011, 05:33 PM
:welcome: Gillian, your mini looks really nice. Mmmmm Australia, loved the holiday I had there in 2004 (was there for 5 weeks!!) and would love to move out there for good to Brisbane :yes nod:

The mini meets/runs in here are great and sure you'll enjoy so as others have said, put your name down for one and come and see what you think and don't worry we don't bite :smilewinkgrin:

Yep Australia is awesome! I didn't mean to go for so long but it just kind of happened!!! Why Brissy? I was in Perth & loved it. I can always go back if I want to but I'm really enjoying being home & near my family for the minute (although they live in the Mull of Kintyre & I am in Edinburgh!!! It's better than the other side of the world!!)

gillian :D

Minimynx
28th March 2011, 07:39 PM
Hello :bigwave: I feel a bit silly saying welcome coz I'm fairly new too, but I have to say everyone on here seems very nice & friendly etc & the 1 run I've been on was fab!

There's loadsa great roads all round about Edinburgh & fun runs, days out etc, if you're bored or fancy charging about the countryside, give us a shout!

Louise

MINI William
28th March 2011, 08:01 PM
Welcome to NMS. Im just outside Edinburgh. Would say get yourself on a run but can see you already have

gillianmcd
28th March 2011, 08:33 PM
Hello :bigwave: I feel a bit silly saying welcome coz I'm fairly new too, but I have to say everyone on here seems very nice & friendly etc & the 1 run I've been on was fab!

There's loadsa great roads all round about Edinburgh & fun runs, days out etc, if you're bored or fancy charging about the countryside, give us a shout!

Louise

Welcome to NMS. Im just outside Edinburgh. Would say get yourself on a run but can see you already have

Thanks guys! I decided the best way to make new friends & have muchos fun would be to sign up to do a run so I did! :) I'm going to have to explore these roads around edinburgh! Any ideas which ones I should not miss??

Crombers
28th March 2011, 09:27 PM
Welcome to NMSland/withabitofUSA :cool:

audrey
28th March 2011, 11:44 PM
Hi Gillian :bigwave:

zimbo
29th March 2011, 09:33 AM
Yep Australia is awesome! I didn't mean to go for so long but it just kind of happened!!! Why Brissy?

It just kind of happened hey?!! lol :D Why Brissy? well we stayed for a couple of weeks with a friend in Brissy after spending a week in Sydney and I just fell in love with Brisbane, also went to Surfers Paradise and Airlie beach which are both AWESOME places!! but never went to the west coast might try that next time and see, but as a whole I reckon anywhere in OZ would be great to live, the Oz style of climate is what I was born and brought up with in Africa and I really miss the the weather and the style of living they have in the southern hemispheres :yes nod:

Tam1314
29th March 2011, 10:44 AM
We were in Perth in 2009 for three weeks and loved it, stayed with my partners son in Kings Park, used to have breakfast in "The Dome" in Subiaco and went to Cottesloe Beach almost every day. The coast road up to Hilary's is fantastic.

gillianmcd
29th March 2011, 10:56 AM
It just kind of happened hey?!! lol :D Why Brissy? well we stayed for a couple of weeks with a friend in Brissy after spending a week in Sydney and I just fell in love with Brisbane, also went to Surfers Paradise and Airlie beach which are both AWESOME places!! but never went to the west coast might try that next time and see, but as a whole I reckon anywhere in OZ would be great to live, the Oz style of climate is what I was born and brought up with in Africa and I really miss the the weather and the style of living they have in the southern hemispheres :yes nod:

Ha ha! It did just happen! Time flies when you're having fun!!! :D
I travelled around for 6 months before I settled in Perth & did do a fair bit of the east coast...Airlie Beach was SO much fun! I think I'll go back at some point as it is a fantastic lifestyle & it's fair to say I do miss the everlasting sunshine!!! but for now it's good to be home...

We were in Perth in 2009 for three weeks and loved it, stayed with my partners son in Kings Park, used to have breakfast in "The Dome" in Subiaco and went to Cottesloe Beach almost every day. The coast road up to Hilary's is fantastic.

Kings Park & Cottesloe beach are my favourite places in Perth! Ah I miss the beach!!! :)

lamdacore
29th March 2011, 02:45 PM
Oz is beautiful. I'm in love with Byron bay.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Crombers
29th March 2011, 08:34 PM
Spent a week on Hamilton Island in a previous life (Xmas 2002), ........................ now that was paradise :cool:

Went 'snorkin' on 'the reef' on a day tip on the 'Banjo Paterson' which once raced in the Sydney to Hobart

Will be back one day ........................... :yes nod:

gillianmcd
29th March 2011, 10:09 PM
Spent a week on Hamilton Island in a previous life (Xmas 2002), ........................ now that was paradise :cool:

My friends & I went to the Whit Sundays & stayed on Long Island for a couple of nights which was so much fun! Whitehaven Beach is actual paradise! Hamilton Island I remember is supposed to be amazing :)
We also went scuba diving on the reef but that was from Green Island off Cairns. Seems like forever ago!
Being more of Western Aus girl, I hear that Ningaloo Reef off the WA coast is supposed to be better preserved than the Great Barrier Reef & there are less tourists etc so that would be cool to see! Don't know why I didn't do that already in my time over there! Ah well! An excuse to go back... ;)

Duncan Stewart
1st April 2011, 06:38 PM

ELFMAN
6th April 2011, 12:54 PM
A Belated Welcome Gillian - Nice motor - Recognised Douglas Park MINI in Hamilton!

See you on a Run soon. :thumbs up::bigwave:

SuperCooperS
10th May 2011, 06:21 PM
Hey Gillian how are you, your car looks great, have you been on here for long? ive just joined in last few days, do you go to many of the meets?

Stephen

gillianmcd
10th May 2011, 11:25 PM
Hey Gillian how are you, your car looks great, have you been on here for long? ive just joined in last few days, do you go to many of the meets?

Stephen

Hi Stephen! I'm good thanks! Cheers about my car - I love it. What's your car like? Have you got any pics up yet?
I haven't been a member long but everyone seems really nice - I joined to try & meet new people. Planning on going on the perthshire run at the beginning of July! You should sign up :) where do you live?

gillianmcd
10th May 2011, 11:27 PM
A Belated Welcome Gillian - Nice motor - Recognised Douglas Park MINI in Hamilton!

See you on a Run soon. :thumbs up::bigwave:

Cheers for that! :) yep...dp in Hamilton! Ha ha I'm just about to take their sticker off my back windscreen & replace it with the nms sticker I got! Hoping I don't mess it up! Will try & get it done and depending on how good / bad a job I do will post a pic! Lol

The Enrique's
11th May 2011, 04:14 PM
Welcome.... Gillian!