PDA

View Full Version : F1 2011 - Australia and beyond

N16SHP
25th March 2011, 06:21 PM
Well then folks, its that time of year again when we rise at silly o'clock to cheer on our favourite cars and helmets!!!

Very interesting to see McLaren hit the top of the time sheets today. I think as the weekend goes on we'll see them slip a little as I think they'll have been running a little lighter due to their pre-season issues and to try and put it about with Ferrari and RB! Speaking of RB, did anyone see Vettel's tyres? Chunks out of them after only 12 laps!!!

So as much as it pains me to say this, I'm going to go for Alonso this weekend, and I think there is the outside chance of a Ferarri 1, 2 at the end of the season. I really REALLY hope it isn't so COME ON THE MCLAREN BOYS!!!!!!!

GCA3N
25th March 2011, 06:59 PM
When is this on Neil?

Mini Ecosse
25th March 2011, 09:23 PM
When is this on Neil?

05:00 Saturday for practice
06:00 Sunday for race
BBC1 & BBCHD

Mini Ecosse
25th March 2011, 09:24 PM
COME ON THE MCLAREN BOYS!!!!!!!
:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

GCA3N
25th March 2011, 10:10 PM
BBC1 & BBCHD

Cheers an early rise then.

Gismo
26th March 2011, 02:53 PM
BBC1 & BBCHD01:00 race time for me :yawn:

N16SHP
26th March 2011, 05:31 PM
Well qually this morning threw up some interesting results so far. Vettel is flying which we thought may be the case, but Ferrari's lack of pace is a bit of a shock, and McLaren proving that there pace from practice 1 & 2 is genuine...can't wait for the race tomorrow!!!

GCA3N
26th March 2011, 06:06 PM
Need to set my alarm hopefully manage to get up.

Craig
26th March 2011, 06:35 PM
Need to set my alarm hopefully manage to get up.

I've just set sky, I'll watch it layer ;)

GCA3N
26th March 2011, 07:25 PM
I've just set sky, I'll watch it layer ;)

Yeh might be a better option, set it just incase;)

stoney
26th March 2011, 07:44 PM
Well it was interesting today looking forward to the race

Sent from Stoney planet

baptie
27th March 2011, 12:59 AM
F1 2011 predictions:

before it all kicks off, who do you think is gonna win?

not looking good so far but I have money on Alonso.

I have 6week old boy, DEFO be up for it!!!!

minimad
27th March 2011, 02:59 AM
here we go folks another season of banter!!!and as always FORZA SCUDERIA FERRARI!!

stoney
27th March 2011, 10:33 AM
well done red bull and a very well done to Vitaly Petrov (http://www.formula1.com/results/driver/2011/864.html) 3rd in his 2nd season lets see if they can keep it up would be nice to see a another team fighting for the top along with the big boys so to speak

Delboy
27th March 2011, 01:53 PM
well done red bull and a very well done to Vitaly Petrov (http://www.formula1.com/results/driver/2011/864.html) 3rd in his 2nd season lets see if they can keep it up would be nice to see a another team fighting for the top along with the big boys so to speak

+1

I thought the race was excellent, really enjoyed it :thumbs up:.

Looks like Vettel has picked up from where he left off last season!

GCA3N
27th March 2011, 01:57 PM
Forgot to get up early and record it what a numpty did get the last quarter and enjoyed that.

Gismo
27th March 2011, 05:38 PM
An interesting move by Massa to allow Alonso through knowing that Button was under investigation for an off track incident wheich should have meant that Button would have to allow both drivers through to give Massa his track position back, more shenanigans by Ferrari :lol:

john
27th March 2011, 05:51 PM
Im a Webber fan but I think it was an excellent tacticle move by Ferrari

stoney
27th March 2011, 06:22 PM
A very good move to play but at the end of the day button should have let him back thro soon as it happened

I am glad red bull are doing well and that's with a car that's not working to it's full performance will be good to see it go when all working

Good to see the young scotish lad Finnish well in his first F1 race :)

Sent from Stoney planet

minimad
27th March 2011, 07:47 PM
An interesting move by Massa to allow Alonso through knowing that Button was under investigation for an off track incident wheich should have meant that Button would have to allow both drivers through to give Massa his track position back, more shenanigans by Ferrari :lol:

oawwao here we go !!lol forza ferrari!

N16SHP
27th March 2011, 08:23 PM

I don't know how much it was to do with the Button situation, because as soon as Alonso was through, he was off and Massa couldn't keep pace, I think it was just Alonso is quicker, please let him through...which makes sense!!

Not a terribly eventful race, but still a good opener! Really good to see the Sauber's mixing it up!!

zimbo
28th March 2011, 10:14 AM
I really enjoyed watching this, think it was a great opener to the season, just amazed by the Vettels performance right from the word GO!! and thats without any KERS :Whistle:, but I too am a Huge fan of Mark Webber (just like John), this year will be his season :yes nod:.

I dont think much of this new adjustable rear wing nonsense tho :moonie: and, it seems very strange to only be able to use at a certain point in the race, which is absurd :rolleyes:

I agree with others that Button should have let Masser through immediately after his ummmm short cut. These new Pirelli tyres dont last long do they, this is all in aid of trying to improve over taking etc etc... Will wait and see the out come of all of this and see how long this lasts.

And team orders are officially ALLOWED this year, so I wonder how much ferrari had to play in this new rule being introduced :Whistle:

Bring on race 2 I say... :thumbs up:

The Dogfather
28th March 2011, 10:25 AM
Didn't they have a smaller version of KERS installed?

Gismo
28th March 2011, 02:35 PM
I And team orders are officially ALLOWED this yearAh, i didn't know that

euan
28th March 2011, 03:45 PM
Didn't they have a smaller version of KERS installed?

That was the rumour, but they had actully taken the kit off the car for raceday.

minimad
28th March 2011, 04:20 PM
nobody want to comment on buttons conduct with massa or is that allowed because its a silver ferrari!lol

N16SHP
28th March 2011, 04:26 PM
I agree with others that Button should have let Masser through immediately after his ummmm short cut.

:

A very good move to play but at the end of the day button should have let him back thro soon as it happened

I am glad red bull are doing well and that's with a car that's not working to it's full performance will be good to see it go when all working

Good to see the young scotish lad Finnish well in his first F1 race :)

Sent from Stoney planet

Im a Webber fan but I think it was an excellent tacticle move by Ferrari

nobody want to comment on buttons conduct with massa or is that allowed because its a silver ferrari!lol

Any of these take your fancy??

stoney
28th March 2011, 05:35 PM
Any of these take your fancy??

:clap: :clap: :clap:

N16SHP
29th March 2011, 12:48 PM
Btw, my comment is purely tongue and cheek, as much as we hammer Ferrari, it's all light hearted banter, the sport wouldn't be the same without them!!

Delboy
29th March 2011, 04:59 PM

Massa was an idiot. He forced Button off the track so Button had no choice but to use the escape road. Can't believe the stewards didn't penalise Massa for dangerous driving.

:Whistle:

N16SHP
29th March 2011, 10:35 PM
Massa was an idiot. He forced Button off the track so Button had no choice but to use the escape road. Can't believe the stewards didn't penalise Massa for dangerous driving.

:Whistle:

...woops, I just tripped on a giant spoon coming into this thread. Must be the one your using to stir it Del!! he he!

GCA3N
29th March 2011, 10:38 PM
...woops, I just tripped on a giant spoon coming into this thread. Must be the one your using to stir it Del!! he he!

:laugh:

Delboy
30th March 2011, 10:37 AM

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6223/shnod.gif