PDA

View Full Version : Got to love fresh wheels....

thechief
15th March 2011, 08:00 PM
Got my wheels back today after being refurbished in satin black, new falken tyres and fitted new JCW centre caps. the 313M bmw wheels next to them are destined for my 335i when the weather cheers up :D

A bit of a pointless post but really pleased with how they've came out so had to share!

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad89/damanpunk/74fc19a5.jpg

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad89/damanpunk/c4b7589f.jpg

GCA3N
16th March 2011, 07:01 AM
Love those wheels get pics up once they're on the car.

N16SHP
16th March 2011, 12:15 PM
Possibly the best feeling in the world getting brand spanking or refurbed wheels! Until you meet your first kerb and then the language suddenly takes a turn for the worse! But back on topic, sweet alloys on both accounts!! Where did you get them refurbed? I'm thinking about getting mine done as my white crown spokes are starting to get the dreaded yellow tinge!

Penny Louise
16th March 2011, 12:45 PM
what wheels are they?

ELFMAN
16th March 2011, 01:12 PM
Possibly the best feeling in the world getting brand spanking or refurbed wheels!

Well, I can think of a couple of others... :blush: :smilewinkgrin:

Big Gordy
16th March 2011, 01:16 PM
Possibly the best feeling in the world getting spanked

Oooooooerrrrr missus :moonie: Whatever floats your boat mate:p

MINI William
16th March 2011, 01:28 PM
what wheels are they?

JCW R105's

thechief
16th March 2011, 01:28 PM
Penny Louise,

They are JCW R105's that were originally burnished/black. I went for Satin black this time as it's less high maintainence and is also an option on factory wheels.

N16SHP,

They were done by motorwerks in Aberdeen who send them off to Pristine (I think form memory). You're able to get a 5 day turnaround and the cost all in cost was around £290 (best to check this though as I had new tyres fitted at the same time), they did my BMW MV3 winter wheels in gloss black last year and I have no complaints with those. Another Pristine agent did the Mini's 17" S-spoke winter wheels in white which again I had no complaints with.

If you don't already have a preference for wheel refurb/tyres then definately give motorwerks a shout, their prices are good and they're good lads.

As far as anything car related goes, new/refurbed wheels and tyres is definately a great feeling! Just desperate to get them on now, aswell as the 19's onto my 335.

Forbes
16th March 2011, 01:33 PM
True that. Seen a good few wheels from Pristine and haven't seen, or heard, of any faults. Dave and Scott are also top lads.

ianking
16th March 2011, 02:12 PM
2 nice sets of wheels there.

My mate had to get 2 of his Astra VXR polished face 19s done after his bird kerbed them during her only ever shot of the car. He got them done at Pristine as well. They organised the collection and delivery and removing and refitting of the tyres. The job on them is 100% top notch.

Mon the fish
16th March 2011, 02:48 PM
£290 for both sets above, or just one set?

N16SHP
16th March 2011, 03:48 PM
Yeah, Ben recommended them to me last year when I was asking about places for getting tyres changed without losing an arm and a leg in the process. Are they the same folk that give you a set of rims to run around on while yours are away, or is it a case you need to have a space set? I've read about a place that does that, think it's Tawse Tyres, but heard mixed reports from there!

Forbes
16th March 2011, 04:17 PM
Not sure if motorwerks do, but I'm sure I could sort you out Neil :)

thechief
16th March 2011, 06:37 PM
£290 for both sets above, or just one set?

Just the one set mate, the 19's for the BMW are brand new.

Doug_m
16th March 2011, 07:20 PM
Yeah, Ben recommended them to me last year when I was asking about places for getting tyres changed without losing an arm and a leg in the process. Are they the same folk that give you a set of rims to run around on while yours are away, or is it a case you need to have a space set? I've read about a place that does that, think it's Tawse Tyres, but heard mixed reports from there!

Turrif tyres send wheels away and ive often seen them giving customers a set of wheels to keep you going.
Pristine also rings a bell to where they send them.
Whoever it is did a very good job on my mates insignia vxr polished face 20's!!

N16SHP
16th March 2011, 10:09 PM
Not sure if motorwerks do, but I'm sure I could sort you out Neil :)

Thanks buddy! If I did get it done, I was gonna pick up the phone to you or Ryan to see if you had anything kicking about!!

Burple
17th March 2011, 11:05 AM
Possibly the best feeling in the world getting brand spanking or refurbed wheels!

Got to agree with that sentiment!!! :cool::cool::cool::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:;)

thechief
19th March 2011, 10:57 AM
Got the wheels on yesterday and gave it a quick wash today, can't wait to fit the springs I have later this year.

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad89/damanpunk/1b6d5202.jpg
http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad89/damanpunk/4998c6f4.jpg

cooperchris
19th March 2011, 04:39 PM
Nice looking motor, like the colour combo :smilewinkgrin: :thumbs up:

Think black wheels go well on Indi Blue :yes nod:

ELFMAN
19th March 2011, 05:54 PM
Looking Good! :cool: Always have a very soft spot for Indi Blue!!! :thumbs up:

thechief
19th March 2011, 07:38 PM
Is it Indi blue? I had always thought it was Hyper blue :blush:

Craig
19th March 2011, 07:57 PM
Is it Indi blue? I had always thought it was Hyper blue :blush:

It is Hyper Blue.... Elfmans not had his meds today ;)

cooperchris
19th March 2011, 08:06 PM
It is Hyper Blue.... Elfmans not had his meds today ;)

I thought it was Indi Blue aswell craig, looks the same colour as mine :yes nod:
I always thought Hyper Blue was a much brighter blue :idunno:

GCA3N
19th March 2011, 09:33 PM
love those wheels, looking ace.

Craig
19th March 2011, 11:26 PM
I thought it was Indi Blue aswell craig, looks the same colour as mine :yes nod:
I always thought Hyper Blue was a much brighter blue :idunno:

It's just the light, they didn't do indi blue at this time. Stop it 03/04 from memory ;)