PDA

View Full Version : Moto GP countdown begins...

zimbo
14th March 2011, 09:39 AM
Yes thats right the count down towards the 1st race of what is hopefully going to be an awesome Moto GP season, this weekend sees the start of the season in Qatar :clap: I cant wait :yes nod:

....Come on ROSSI!!! :thumbs up:

Big Gordy
14th March 2011, 01:17 PM
....Come on ROSSI!!! :thumbs up:

8th so far :thumbs up:

Gismo
14th March 2011, 02:17 PM
Aye, really looking forward to this, i already purchased the online video pass :thumbs up:

lamdacore
14th March 2011, 03:32 PM
Come on no 46. But to be fair I think the Honda's and Yamahas will be on the pace initially. Having said that, Rossi is a doctor after all

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Gismo
14th March 2011, 04:25 PM
Come on no 46. But to be fair I think the Honda's and Yamahas will be on the pace initially. Having said that, Rossi is a doctor after allIt's certainly gonna be interesting to see if he can handle the Ducati, so far only Stoner has ever made any impact with it in MotoGP.
I'm also a fan of the Doctor and i'll certainly not rule him out over the season, but, as you say, initially Stoner, Pedrosa, Spies and Lorenzo will be on the pace.
Let's hope they take each other out :Whistle:

Hogman
14th March 2011, 09:03 PM
Insider knowledge - Rossi is whining and whinging about the Duke!!!!

If anyone can catch those Hondas its gonna be Lorenzo!

lamdacore
14th March 2011, 10:05 PM
Hmm my money this weekend is on Lorenzo pedrosa and spies ...

Rossi deffo top six though

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Big Gordy
15th March 2011, 12:35 PM
I see the Japanese moto gp in April has been moved to October due to the earthquake :frown:

Also Spies ended up being 3rd fastest in Qatar behind Stoner and Pedrosa.

Don't think anybody is going to beat Stoner this weekend as he's always gone well there....provided he stays on..!!

Gismo
17th March 2011, 05:50 AM
The MotoGP main website are again running a fantasy league, here's hoping i do better in this than i am in the NMS footy :Whistle:

Penny Louise
17th March 2011, 11:42 AM
12 weeks till we go down to Silverstone!! :D

zimbo
17th March 2011, 01:01 PM
The MotoGP main website are again running a fantasy league, here's hoping i do better in this than i am in the NMS footy :Whistle:

I've just put my predictions in for the 1st race, this is my 1st year of playing/trying this. So fingers crossed :thumbs up:

Gismo
17th March 2011, 06:18 PM
Am watching the practice sessions online on the MotoGP site, right here and now i'll stick my neck out, Stoner will win this year

Big Gordy
18th March 2011, 01:16 PM
Rossi now 5th fastest:clap: I'm soooooooooooo looking forward to the start of this:yes nod: If everyone stays fit and they don't start falling off this season is shaping up to be a cracker:biker:

N16SHP
18th March 2011, 03:17 PM
I think with Rossi trying to tame the Duc, if could make a for a very interesting season. For years now he's been on arguably the best 'all round' bike. Not the fastest, but probably best for turning in and stopping, so it will really even out the playing field with him on the Duc....CANNOT WAIT!!!!

I cannot predict who will win, so i'm going for something different, Ben Spies to get the most podiums this year!!

Gismo
18th March 2011, 04:02 PM
During Rossi's normal routine of squatting at the bike and then setting off, on the Yamaha he was able to stand on the pegs to do whatever it is he does with his race suit :blush: on the Duc he hasn't quite got the same look, kinda like he aint used to it yet.
Anyway, FP2 has stated again :clap:

Gismo
18th March 2011, 04:20 PM
On another note, anyone else notice Lorenzo's number 1 having a certain similarity to a, well, erm, a male organ :blush:

Big Gordy
18th March 2011, 04:54 PM
Well he can sometimes be a bit of a knob:rolleyes::p:moonie:

zimbo
18th March 2011, 05:40 PM
On another note, anyone else notice Lorenzo's number 1 having a certain similarity to a, well, erm, a male organ :blush:

Well he can sometimes be a bit of a knob:rolleyes::p:moonie:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Gismo
19th March 2011, 05:19 PM
Qualifying has begun, go Bradders :thumbs up: :biker:

lamdacore
19th March 2011, 07:44 PM
Disappointing qualifying for Rossi, kudos to Simnocelli and Barbera though, thats fairly impressive.

My predictions for the race? Given Stoner's history of naffing off fairly quickly and Pedrosa not entirely being able to handle someone breathing down his neck, I reckon the top five finishers will be:

1st Stoner
2nd Lorenzo
3rd Spies
4th Rossi
5th Pedrosa

N16SHP
20th March 2011, 07:43 PM
Well, I've been trying so hard to resist Rossi fever, as i'm not a huge fan of the guy, but stick him on my favourite bike I just cannot resist anymore....COME ON ROSSI!! Hayden is still my favourite rider, so a'l still be rooting for him, but cannot see him doing anything this year!

lamdacore
20th March 2011, 08:47 PM
Well played to stoner. Big respect to spies and crutchlow too

Sent from my Ally's Desire HD using Tapatalk

N16SHP
20th March 2011, 08:49 PM
Hmmmm, bit of a dull race in all honesty!!

zimbo
21st March 2011, 10:33 AM
I thought it was a pretty good race to be honest, considering there this was the first race on the new bikes for a few of the guys, Rossi I personally think did a not bad job to finish where he did considering the Duc is still not up to scratch yet and neither is his shoulder (YET!!!) and the start he got was amazing, that Ducati just shot off the start line like a ferret down a drainpipe... :Whistle: just a shame he couldn't slow it down quickly enough to keep the momentum up in the first corner. Cal Crutchlow did a great job in his 1st ever Moto GP :thumbs up: and Ben Spies was awesome :yes nod: Simoncelli was pretty impressive too I must admit, kinda put the cat amongst the pigeons so to speak.

I got 1st 2nd 3rd predictions all correct (In the fantasy league...) just a shame I didn't put a bet on that outcome :argh:

So it would seem Danny is having trouble going the distance then.

Stoner, well theres not much you can say but wow. Him and the Honda just seem to be untouchable to be honest.

This is going to be an awesome season :clap:

N16SHP
21st March 2011, 06:45 PM
Well put Zimbo!! I think in all honesty the grid could do with some more bikes, it's really starting to look bare!!

lamdacore
21st March 2011, 11:11 PM
Well put Zimbo!! I think in all honesty the grid could do with some more bikes, it's really starting to look bare!!

Doesn't help that Kawasaki have dropped out altogether and Suzuki was missing yesterday due to not getting hopkins in quick enough to replace injured rider.

Sent from my Ally's Desire HD using Tapatalk