PDA

View Full Version : drivers side window stuck! help!

satans little helper
13th March 2011, 04:25 PM
guys window wont budge but passenger side is working fine....any ideas? checked fuses.their fine :confused:

cooperchris
13th March 2011, 05:01 PM
Our passengers side window stopped working, We were lucky enough BMW sorted it under warranty. They replaced the window motor for us :thumbs up:

Have you tried putting the key in the door an holding it in the open position to see if it opens that way? Or i could be wrong, I know if you hold the key one way it either opens or shuts the windows bud. Worth a try :yes nod:

Hope that helped a bit :thumbs up:

satans little helper
13th March 2011, 05:11 PM
Our passengers side window stopped working, We were lucky enough BMW sorted it under warranty. They replaced the window motor for us :thumbs up:

Have you tried putting the key in the door an holding it in the open position to see if it opens that way? Or i could be wrong, I know if you hold the key one way it either opens or shuts the windows bud. Worth a try :yes nod:

Hope that helped a bit :thumbs up:

yeh tried that chris, i have i feelin its maybe the motor :sad: great. car also failed mot last week, oh the joys lol

cooperchris
13th March 2011, 05:16 PM
Tell me about it, Its always money money money lol, we've had our fair share of problems with our mini but still wouldn't get rid of it :hand: :thumbs up:

GCA3N
13th March 2011, 06:54 PM
bank the door just above the speaker with your fist works every time.

satans little helper
13th March 2011, 07:42 PM
bank the door just above the speaker with your fist works every time.

lol ok cheers ill give that a try the mora :thumbs up:

GCA3N
13th March 2011, 08:19 PM
lol ok cheers ill give that a try the mora :thumbs up:

My 2002 cooper done this every so often, when someone told me this I thought WHAT! but it actually works.

satans little helper
14th March 2011, 08:11 PM
My 2002 cooper done this every so often, when someone told me this I thought WHAT! but it actually works.

tried this earlier, still no difference :sad:

cooperchris
14th March 2011, 08:22 PM
Give it a kick :laugh:

Dont think that will work but it will feel good ;) :thumbs up:

satans little helper
14th March 2011, 08:36 PM
Give it a kick :laugh:

Dont think that will work but it will feel good ;) :thumbs up:

knowin my luck id end up brakin the door card lol

cooperchris
14th March 2011, 08:46 PM
If your goin to try fix it yourself give me a shout, if i can help i will :thumbs up:

satans little helper
14th March 2011, 09:16 PM
If your goin to try fix it yourself give me a shout, if i can help i will :thumbs up:

good man, cheers!

BobWyse
18th March 2011, 09:34 PM
Yeah I've had to fix this too on my last mini.
I have to admit it does have it's difficult points and having some one with small hands helps.
I would offer to help but I'm ill.
So hopefully Chris can lend a hand (top tip... pay attention when replacing the bushes back onto the contacts)

http://www.mini2.com/forum/first-generation-faults-fixes/149681-electric-window-motor-reconditioning-guide.html

Good luck

satans little helper
19th March 2011, 01:22 PM
Yeah I've had to fix this too on my last mini.
I have to admit it does have it's difficult points and having some one with small hands helps.
I would offer to help but I'm ill.
So hopefully Chris can lend a hand (top tip... pay attention when replacing the bushes back onto the contacts)

http://www.mini2.com/forum/first-generation-faults-fixes/149681-electric-window-motor-reconditioning-guide.html

Good luck

cheers bob, took door pannel of this mornin but decided am just gonna get a mechanic freind to do it for me! looks like a pain in the ass and iv no much patience lol

cooperchris
19th March 2011, 04:41 PM
Hope its fixed for you soon.

satans little helper
19th March 2011, 06:34 PM
Hope its fixed for you soon.

cheers, its gettin looked at on wed.
its gettin to that time off year when i need the window down lol

cooperchris
25th March 2011, 09:32 PM
Did you get your window fixed?

Sorry for rubbin it in that mines worked, never even thought about it :laugh: :thumbs up:

satans little helper
25th March 2011, 11:09 PM
Did you get your window fixed?

Sorry for rubbin it in that mines worked, never even thought about it :laugh: :thumbs up:

lol its cool :smilewinkgrin:

waiting on new motor/regulator coming, hopefully itll come the mora! drivin around with no door card at the mo :ragin:

cooperchris
26th March 2011, 10:01 AM
Good to see its getting fixed :thumbs up:

satans little helper
31st March 2011, 05:14 PM
now fixed :yes nod:
ended up doin it myself as guy i usually use is away on hols and didnt have the patience to wait for his return!
took just over an hour, peace a piss to do , happy days. :smilewinkgrin:

MonsteR
24th April 2011, 08:16 PM
how did you fix it? my passenger door window has suddenly stopped working also for no apparent reason. can hear relay clicking when you operate the switch so i'm thinking its not a fuse?

MonsteR
24th April 2011, 08:22 PM
LoL forget that just tried the "BANG THE DOOR ABOVE THE SPEAKER" option and it's now working a treat haha, but whats the cause and why does thumping it make any difference?

GCA3N
24th April 2011, 09:54 PM
LoL forget that just tried the "BANG THE DOOR ABOVE THE SPEAKER" option and it's now working a treat haha, but whats the cause and why does thumping it make any difference?

Worked every time on my r50

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

satans little helper
26th April 2011, 05:24 PM

not sure tbh lol but 1 thing i would say is the tracks/runners that raise the window up/down seem to be grease free....!prob worth removing door card and greasing to be safe.as new motors aint cheap :argh: