PDA

View Full Version : Members Profile

weefossy
23rd July 2004, 04:45 AM
OK, it may be an age thing:(, or simply that I'm losing the plot:clown:but I am finding it very hard,(lucky me);)to put a face to all the names,and relate it to what car peps drive! Would it be possible, space permitting, to put a link from the member profile on NMS to a picture of owner and car in mini2.com members gallery? I am not suggesting a mug shot(scare off new members), but an array of pictures taken on runs / nights out etc.?:D:evil::D Am I barking up the wrong tree, or just barking mad?????? Maybe we could discuss at weekend.

3GGG
23rd July 2004, 04:52 AM
How about lapel badges at meets so that we know who we are talking to?
We have a similar problem in Ham Radio where we know everyone by their radio 'callsign' but have no idea what their surname is or what they look like (just as well).

[My car is in the signature picture and my mug shot is in my profile for those brave enough]

duncan
23rd July 2004, 04:52 AM
I think this has been raised before, but now the group is getting bigger, perhaps its time to mention it again.

There is the facility in the Profile to add a picture, so perhaps this is the easiest way of doing it.

Whether its a picture of you, you and your car, or your car only is up to the individual.

duncan
23rd July 2004, 05:02 AM
The name badges are not a bad idea.

Its OK for the old timers to recognise each other, but some of the Newbies, and Wul, may not be "well kent faces"

minidriver#1
23rd July 2004, 05:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

How about lapel badges at meets so that we know who we are talking to?
We have a similar problem in Ham Radio where we know everyone by their radio 'callsign' but have no idea what their surname is or what they look like (just as well).

[My car is in the signature picture and my mug shot is in my profile for those brave enough]

whats yer toggle? how many candles are ya burnin? haha class. i have a mug shot somewhere, we should just post pics here.

weefossy
23rd July 2004, 05:24 AM
Name badges might be a bit too like work for some. Calum,is there enough capacity to include a picture in everybodies profile?

ny152
23rd July 2004, 05:58 AM
Or better still, why dont we all wear our badges/id photos from work then everyone gets to know what we do for a living as well :clown:.

Monsta Mo Mini
23rd July 2004, 04:05 PM
You can include a picture in your profile but it needs to be hosted somewhere.

I can't condone using your MINI2 galleries for this purpose as that's Paul's bandwidth we'd be using and I know he has enough problems in that department.

I would recommend you either host it on your own webspace and simply insert the link to it or send an image to me via info@newminiscotland.co.uk accompanied by your user name. Images should be 100 pixels square in RGB.

The is site feedback - so it's been moved! ;)

Wul
23rd July 2004, 04:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

Its OK for the old timers to recognise each other, but some of the Newbies, and Wul, may not be "well kent faces"

Steady now Duncan:blackeye: - remember I do know what you look like! Any more of that lip and you'll be hauled over to OT&B for a BigColesque batterin!:D:p

No idea what anyone else looks like mind you!:I:clown:

3GGG
23rd July 2004, 09:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini
I would recommend you either host it on your own webspace and simply insert the link

Good point Calum, I have moved my sig from MINI2.COM to my own site.

Heather
23rd July 2004, 10:22 PM
There is a site called photobucket.com. It offers free hosting for photos and its very easy to link to. Thats the one i use. Good if you are not one of these people who have their own web site!;)

john
23rd July 2004, 10:26 PM
At the Cullen run everyone will be given a run pack and this includes
two coloured sticker for you name:)

3GGG
24th July 2004, 12:03 AM
Well done John!