PDA

View Full Version : Changing dash board colour roll on R55 clubman

M3 SWM
10th March 2011, 12:32 PM
Has anyone changed the colour roll on the dashboard and the door armrest pads of their car? Is it a DIY job or one for a professional? I am not a technical person and want to find this out before wasting a couple of hundred quid on the parts!

GCA3N
10th March 2011, 12:49 PM
I have it is a very tricky job quite daunting truth be told. Where are you located?

ianking
10th March 2011, 01:08 PM
The door pocket covers are a doddle but like Greig says a bit more stripping down required for the dash pieces.

GCA3N
10th March 2011, 01:57 PM
If you are central then I am more than willing to assist you. For a small price;):beer:

M3 SWM
10th March 2011, 05:02 PM
I'm in Edinburgh. I have ordered the bits along with some pimpy stuff - JCW carbon/alcantara gear knob/handbrake and gaiters, etc and the new black MFSW controls/carbon bottom spoke.

GCA3N
10th March 2011, 05:17 PM
Well I am 20mins west of Stirling your more than welcome to come through I have changed all those parts out on mine.

Are you quite good at this kind of thing ie handy or are you totally honless :lol:

M3 SWM
10th March 2011, 05:38 PM
Totally honless! I have an motor engineer I use here in Edinburgh who can do it, but I thought I might be able to do it on my ownsome. What time is involved do you reckon?

S

GCA3N
10th March 2011, 05:43 PM
Totally honless! I have an motor engineer I use here in Edinburgh who can do it, but I thought I might be able to do it on my ownsome. What time is involved do you reckon?

S

For all that 4 hours ish.