PDA

View Full Version : Attention Paypal users

GCA3N
10th March 2011, 11:07 AM
I had an email this morning asking me if I had autherised a paypal payment of £39 to skype, it had an option on the page to cancel it. On doing so the paypal website popped up to log in. (or atleast I thought it was)

http://www.zdgo.com.tw/UserFiles/file/TW/login.html?webscr=cmd_login (http://www.zdgo.com.tw/UserFiles/file/TW/login.html?webscr=cmd_login)

This is not a legitimate site and if you were to put your details in you'd end up with your account being hacked.

This is one of the best I've seen and I was very close to just entering my details in here. As a rule of thumb I always enter Paypal site via address bar and check for the padlock in the address bar.

jdl_1967
10th March 2011, 11:10 AM
Magic, thanks for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baptie
10th March 2011, 11:10 AM
Any bank, paypal, ebay or the likes emails I don't even open.

I simply delete them.

It just makes you wonder how many people get captured with shadey emails!

GCA3N
10th March 2011, 11:28 AM
Any bank, paypal, ebay or the likes emails I don't even open.

I simply delete them.

It just makes you wonder how many people get captured with shadey emails!

The email said it was from paypal, very legitimate looking. I mean I am very aware of these things and it was extremely good, if you open the link and compare website home pages they are near identical.

baptie
10th March 2011, 11:47 AM
some sneaky folk out there!

Craig
10th March 2011, 11:49 AM
Cheers for that Greig ;). Some people need taken doon a dark alley.... :frown: and not for a good reason !! :lol:

I think it would frighten you the amount of people caught out !!

GCA3N
10th March 2011, 12:47 PM
Cheers for that Greig ;). Some people need taken doon a dark alley.... :frown: and not for a good reason !! :lol:

I think it would frighten you the amount of people caught out !!

Agreed Craig, the thing is with this one was I consider myself savy on this kinda thing and was nearly caught out, so I am guessing loads do get stung.

Mon the fish
10th March 2011, 03:16 PM
Use Iconix in your email, checks them all and shows you the genuine ones

Gismo
10th March 2011, 04:54 PM
Your link is not even close to a legit paypal site and not sure why you clicked on it?? i'm obviously missing something :Whistle:

GCA3N
10th March 2011, 05:13 PM
Alan the email said it was from paypal it had all the details of a genuine transaction email you get from paypal,(I actually opened a genuine one an it was near identical) it said if this transaction has not been autherised click the cancel button.

I did and it opened a pop up, ie the link. Due to the fact I thought I had just been charged £39 I was anxious to get on and cancel, it was as I was typing my email address in I looked at the address bar and stopped.