PDA

View Full Version : poly v belt r 50 cooper

satans little helper
6th March 2011, 09:01 PM
apparently this should be changed at an inspection 2 service....Is everyone else changing theres?done everythin else just wondering if i should change this? cars done 43k if that makes any difference? :confused:

cooperchris
6th March 2011, 09:48 PM
apparently this should be changed at an inspection 2 service....Is everyone else changing theres?done everythin else just wondering if i should change this? cars done 43k if that makes any difference? :confused:

Never changed my one bud, On the old engine anyway. Dont plan on changing the new engine one anytime soon.

Mon the fish
7th March 2011, 08:24 AM
Can't vouch for the Cooper, but the belt drives the supercharger on the S, and I change mine every year regardless of mileage; same with oil.

satans little helper
7th March 2011, 06:19 PM
hmm dunno whether to bother or not then....

Mon the fish
8th March 2011, 07:55 AM
For all the cost, it's worth it for peace of mind IMO. If the belt was to fail, it would potentially result in a lot of damage as it drives the water pump

Colin
8th March 2011, 03:57 PM
^^What he said peace of mind. :thumbs up:

satans little helper
8th March 2011, 07:40 PM
cheers guys will prob do it then!

satans little helper
17th April 2011, 03:41 PM
Can't vouch for the Cooper, but the belt drives the supercharger on the S, and I change mine every year regardless of mileage; same with oil.

how much are these from bmw mate??
cheers.

Mon the fish
17th April 2011, 09:20 PM
No idea, best ask them. I got my supercharger belt for roughly £20 iirc

satans little helper
18th April 2011, 04:58 PM
No idea, best ask them. I got my supercharger belt for roughly £20 iirc

sounds about right! theres a dayco 1 on ebay for about 11 quid might just get that!
cheers :thumbs up:

satans little helper
22nd April 2011, 06:41 PM
just bought 1 from bmw £23.90 if anyones interested.
easy enough to fit to!!

markjbb
20th March 2013, 05:10 PM
is there an easy way to get a ratchet on to the tensioner or another way of doing it? the ratchet i have is just a wee bit too wide grr... only need an extra 3mm and it would be in

update a big screw driver and a short tip allen key done the job ;)