PDA

View Full Version : The car is now run in :)

Woz
6th May 2003, 01:33 AM
Well we now have 2700 on the clock, not bad going for 2 weeks old :D

Just got back from our trip down south to visit Friends and Family. Went to Cornwall first and spent a few days down there so we have a pic of the car at land end. will post later.

Now we just need to do the other end :p

BTW, the roads in Cornwall are rubbish :mad: They have high banked side (poor visibility) and are narrow so you have to drive carefully :eek:

On the way back we did Worthing (Near Brighton) to Kinross in 8 hours and at the end of the journey it did not feel like we had done any distance at all :cool:

As the car is now run it we have been able to play with it properly and all I can say is

:D:D:D

Linda M
6th May 2003, 02:56 AM
Glad to hear you had a great MINI adventure Woz :D:cool:

Moorf
6th May 2003, 03:06 AM
All we need now is a pic of us at John O'Groats and we'll be end-to-enders!! :D:D:D

Can anyone tell us how long it will take from Kinross to John O'G?

GAJ
6th May 2003, 03:36 AM
I only have 2700 on the clock and I have had mine since the end of November!

I'll have to get out more!

VFR-Ray
8th May 2003, 07:26 PM
Moorf

The Inverness to John O'Groats will take about 2.5 hours depending on traffic. Sorry can't help with Kinross to Inverness, but Perth to Inverness is about the 2 hour mark, again depending on traffic.

Monsta Mo Mini
8th May 2003, 08:31 PM
I've done Bettyhill to Edinburgh in 5hrs so I'd imagine J O'Gts would be slightly less.

Wul
8th May 2003, 08:51 PM
The road from Grannies Heilan Hame to JOG is brill - that is the definaition of switchback!

Autoroute says Kinross to JOG is 246.6 miles.

Woz
8th May 2003, 10:56 PM
A 500 mile round trip does not sound too bad, should make a nice day trip :p

Moorf
9th May 2003, 08:38 AM
Thanks for info guys - Grannies Heilan Home? Wassat?

Wul
9th May 2003, 04:41 PM
Moorf - Grannies Heilan Hame is a (in)famous holiday caravan park next to Dornoch - it's rumoured Maddonna stayed in one of their Gold Star caravans when she got married up there ;)