PDA

View Full Version : Classic Customer Services Answer

AndyP & Lenore
4th March 2011, 10:57 AM
I followed the online check in process for my easyJet flights tomorrow to Geveva. I printed my boarding passes off and I thought I was all ready to go. But the BP's refer to the time I should be at the check in desk. And when I checked in online, I didn't actually get the option of ticking a box to say I wanted to CHECK-IN. So, I sent easyJet an email for clarification. Here's their answer:

"Dear Mr Poole,

Thank you for contacting us.

I would like to apologize for the delay in replying to your email as we have high volume of customers' queries due to recent strikes and now weather disruptions. Please be assured that your concern is of utmost importance to us.

I can confirm that you had successfully completed the online check-in and as you had also printed the boarding passes, I can confirm that you are not required to check-in again at the airport.

I would like to remind that our check in desks open 2 hours before the scheduled time of departure (STD). I would strongly recommend that you arrive at check in at least 90 minutes before the STD as the check in desks will close promptly 40 minutes before departure. This means that any passenger who arrives at check in after this time will not be accepted for travel and will lose their flight.

I wish you a safe and happy journey with us.

I do hope I have been able to answer your question fully. To update your query please reply to this e-mail and we will be happy to assist you further.

Yours sincerely,

easyJet
Customer Service Representative "

Clear as mud.:frown:

A.

Craig
4th March 2011, 11:18 AM
So your checked I'n, but please arrive 2 hours before hand to check I'n :thud:

I use BA online checkin all the time and it's great. No need to see anyone til you get to the gate (other than showing your BP to security . ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mini Ecosse
4th March 2011, 11:33 AM
:thud::thud:

Like Craig says, never any bother with BA:thumbs up:

Gismo
4th March 2011, 11:39 AM
if you have a boarding pass then you are good to go, you'll soon find out when you try to get through security

Edit: Just had a thought, you'll be taking luggage, so, you'll still need to go to a baggage drop off or the check in desk, they will have to weigh it to make sure you comply with the weight restriction etc

AndyP & Lenore
4th March 2011, 11:45 AM
Yeah BA's system is great. Used that lots for London trips.

I figured I probably was good to go, but being easy jet, nothing is easy so thought I'd best check with them.

Alan, nae luggage. Just carry-on. (camera).

A.

GCA3N
4th March 2011, 01:08 PM
:idunno:

Gismo
4th March 2011, 01:54 PM

A.Then you're good to go through to the gate :thumbs up:

john
4th March 2011, 03:17 PM
So thats that sorted, go to the gate, any hassle tell them alan said its OK, you will go straight through.

Mini Ecosse
4th March 2011, 06:10 PM
So thats that sorted, go to the gate, any hassle tell them alan said its OK, you will go straight through.
:lol:

AndyP & Lenore
4th March 2011, 11:14 PM

Sounds good to me.:thumbs up:

A.

Gismo
5th March 2011, 06:56 AM
Any hassle tell them to phone me, i'm sitting in the business class lounge at Paris doing nothing anyway :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
6th March 2011, 02:18 AM
I sent easyJet an email saying that email was clear as mud and can they clarify if I need to go to check in or not - really just to see what they say. Just got home and I still don't have a reply.

Well, the flights were smooth enough. Newcastle has a frikking weird system though.... We were watching the departures board for info on what gate to go to. It went straight from "Wait in lounge", to showing the gate number and immediately saying "last call." So we went straight to the gate only to find they had already boarded all the "Speedy Boarders" and we were left to fight for ourselves with the rest of the passengers.

Was listening to the pilot/1st officer names on both flights, neither of them introduced themselves as "Aerojonny." Disappointed.

A.

Mini Me
6th March 2011, 01:55 PM
www.notsoeasyjet.com

AeroJonny
6th March 2011, 02:06 PM
So your checked I'n, but please arrive 2 hours before hand to check I'n :thud:

I use BA online checkin all the time and it's great. No need to see anyone til you get to the gate (other than showing your BP to security . ;)

:thud::thud:

Like Craig says, never any bother with BA:thumbs up:

Yeah BA's system is great. Used that lots for London trips.

I figured I probably was good to go, but being easy jet, nothing is easy so thought I'd best check with them.

A.

Guys, if you join BA's executive club which is free, you can receive your boarding pass on your smart phone. I've used it a number of times now and it's great, especially when you're on the hoof, you can just check in and pick your seat etc in the app. Only works for european flights though I think.

Craig
7th March 2011, 09:53 AM
Guys, if you join BA's executive club which is free, you can receive your boarding pass on your smart phone. I've used it a number of times now and it's great, especially when you're on the hoof, you can just check in and pick your seat etc in the app. Only works for european flights though I think.

Use it all the time Jonny and yeah it's great ;)

AndyP & Lenore
9th March 2011, 04:18 PM
So, I emailed easyJet the day before we were due to fly and this is what I emailed them with...

"Hi Vipul,

Sorry, but that is not clear at all.

You say I've checked in online and I am not required to check in. Then you go on to tell me when the check in desks close and that I should arrive at check in at least 90 minutes before departure.

Please clarify this question: Do I need to visit the check in desk at the airport, or am I able to go straight to security?

Regards,

Andrew"

We then flew out on the Saturday morning - without going anywhere near a check-in desk I may add - and back Saturday evening, without incident but also without a reply from easyJet. Until today - 4 days after our flights!

And their reply clears things up perfectly for me. NAAAAAAT!!

"Dear Mr Poole,

Thank you for contacting us again.

I would like to apologise for the delay in replying to you. I apologise for any further inconvenience this may have caused to you.

I am sorry that I was unable to answer your query earlier and can confirm that your flights has been departed.

I would like to inform you that even when check-in is done online, we request passengers' to reach airport atleast 90 minutes before the STD as the check in desks will close promptly 40 minutes before departure. This means that any passenger who arrives at check in after this time will not be accepted for travel and will lose their flight.

I have added a link below for more information:

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Book/regulations.html#checkin

I do hope I have been able to answer your question fully. To update your query, please reply to this e-mail. We will be happy to assist you further.

Yours sincerely,

Sunil
Customer Service Representative "

So, it's pretty clear, once you've checked in online and you have your boarding passes, easyJet WILL NOT commit to the fact that you no longer need to go anywhere near a check in desk, and in fact still insist you are at the airport before the check-in desk closes because if you don't you'll lose your flight.

I despair.:frown::frown:

A.

N16SHP
9th March 2011, 06:06 PM
So about as clear as mud then!!!