PDA

View Full Version : A Wee Treat

Craig
2nd March 2011, 01:48 PM
As most of you know, my mini went last month and I'm waiting about 6 months for the new car. It's amazing how much money you accumulate when you sell all the spares and don't have a car to pay for :thud:

I therefore decided that I should treat myself ;). I've never owned what my dad would have called a "real" camera, ie an slr so I decided to jump into the deep end. I went for a Canon 1100D with a 18-55mm IS lens. It also comes with a 4th card, carry case, mini tripod and a 3 year warranty. Hope to get it soon as it's a new model due out end of this month.

I am sure I'll need lots of tips ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gismo
2nd March 2011, 02:16 PM
You'll need a bigger hard drive to keep all the files on :thumbs up:
Good luck with the camera, i found that they really show how bad I was at photography :lol:

Stewart
2nd March 2011, 02:56 PM
Read a review there looks a great starting point. I'm the same got my Compact lumix T5 that I've got great use out of the last few years but I always said I’d get myself a DSLR and try a bit harder on the photography front. Not this year all the same, looking to get a new PC end of the year.

Looking forward to see your play shots

G17RDY
2nd March 2011, 03:54 PM
Just bought a DSLR off of Big Gordy within the last week - and honestly what a great machine, i'll never look back!! A DSLR gives a whole new depth and detail to photgraphs, i've been snapping like mad since i got it, they are the business!!

Best of luck with your new toy, i'm sure you will have hours of fun - Looking forward to seeing some pics!

Craig
2nd March 2011, 03:56 PM
Thanks folks - it's on pre-order so not due til end of the month/start or next month ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mini Ecosse
2nd March 2011, 09:06 PM
All that money burning a hole in your pocket:laugh::laugh:

I am sure a few tips could be arranged when you have camera:thumbs up:

Craig
2nd March 2011, 09:39 PM
All that money burning a hole in your pocket:laugh::laugh:

I am sure a few tips could be arranged when you have camera:thumbs up:

:lol:

I can't believe the difference with nae MINI.... :rolleyes:

as long as it's you giving out the tips and not Allyson... :shut up::thumbs up:

GCA3N
3rd March 2011, 12:11 PM
Nice one Craig my canon 350d has served me well over the last few years. Good choice.

stoney
3rd March 2011, 06:36 PM
good stuff glad my cash went to some thing good :lol:

Craig
3rd March 2011, 06:41 PM
Nice one Craig my canon 350d has served me well over the last few years. Good choice.

Yeah, pretty much Canon or Nikon for DSLR if you want a good one easy to use, so it was a pretty easy decision

good stuff glad my cash went to some thing good :lol:

:lol: - aye just dinnae tell Jude... :rolleyes: :thud: :clap:

Sheilz
3rd March 2011, 09:30 PM
What kind of car is it your waiting for Craig?

Craig
3rd March 2011, 10:01 PM
What kind of car is it your waiting for Craig?

KIA Sportage 2.0 KX2 CRDi AWD ;)

Burple
4th March 2011, 11:30 AM

Didi you have a cat on your keyboard there? All I could read was the word 'Sportage'... :moonie::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Craig
29th March 2011, 04:43 PM
Well my pre-order of my camera got cancelled as the co I ordered from ceased trading ! :thud:

So ordered from another co yesterday and it arrived at 9:30 this morning :clap: can't wait to use it, looks a nice piece of kit ;)

Delboy
29th March 2011, 04:52 PM
Good stuff :thumbs up: - I love my DSLR!

Your journey is just beginning...:smilewinkgrin:

GCA3N
29th March 2011, 06:25 PM
Well my pre-order of my camera got cancelled as the co I ordered from ceased trading ! :thud:

So ordered from another co yesterday and it arrived at 9:30 this morning :clap: can't wait to use it, looks a nice piece of kit ;)

Nice one craig take a picture of it:Whistle: It's a world apart form normal point and shoot jobs.

cooperchris
29th March 2011, 07:50 PM
Welcome to test it on my car :p :thumbs up:

Glad you finally got it :yes nod:

Crombers
29th March 2011, 08:20 PM

Aw feck , away for a 'puke' ..............................................agai n !! :sick:

Craig
29th March 2011, 10:35 PM
Good stuff :thumbs up: - I love my DSLR!

Your journey is just beginning...:smilewinkgrin:

Nice one craig take a picture of it:Whistle: It's a world apart form normal point and shoot jobs.

Welcome to test it on my car :p :thumbs up:

Glad you finally got it :yes nod:

Cheers guys .......

Took a few shots tonight . Hoping to get some shots this weekend :thumbs up:

Craig
29th March 2011, 10:37 PM
Aw feck , away for a 'puke' ..............................................agai n !! :sick:

:moonie:

Ferengo
31st March 2011, 03:28 PM
Doing a similar thing only for work. They're getting me more trained up on photography. So at the moment it looks like the Canon 5D with 24-105mm lens and a 100mm Macro. Am hoping to get/buy the older one which is a Nikon D40x.

Has been a real learning curve finding out about each camera and what you need. You could go round the bend looking things up.

Craig
4th April 2011, 07:10 PM
just took a few wee shots (not had 5 mins recently to have a play with it) but really happy with the results so far). Off on holiday next week and up in Oban so Stephen will be getting a visit for some free tuition.! :thumbs up:

The decking with the newly erected furniture... :rolleyes:

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/nms2-1.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/nms1-1.jpg

BTCC on the Telly :thumbs up:

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/nms3-1.jpg

GCA3N
4th April 2011, 08:34 PM
Loving the decking and the new TV mate really smart. Is that a wee chiminea I see?

Craig
4th April 2011, 09:05 PM
Loving the decking and the new TV mate really smart. Is that a wee chiminea I see?

Cheers mate - decking is now 7 years old.... built well by my mate MarkyC... ;) The TV is over a year old, so needing replaced with 3D :lol: Yeah, a wee chimnea which is getting replaced with a bigger one... :yes nod: :thumbs up:

GCA3N
4th April 2011, 09:09 PM
It looks minted craig obviously well maintained. We have a chiminea in the garden too. :thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
5th April 2011, 07:25 AM
Off on holiday next week and up in Oban so Stephen will be getting a visit for some free tuition.!

I remember agreeing to the tuition, But not FREE :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Looking forward to next week:thumbs up: