PDA

View Full Version : Best Place To Wash In Aberdeen

TroyBruce
1st March 2011, 04:45 PM
Wheres the best place to wash your car yourself in aberdeen? Recently moved into a flat here and its not ideal for washing the car. ANyone know of any petrol stations or that that actually look after there washing brushes or that? Went to a petrol station with my last car and it scratched it to F***.

N16SHP
1st March 2011, 05:01 PM
I don't know of anywhere in Aberdeen that has a self service cleaning station apart from the garages. I believe that the Arc ones take relatively good care of your car, think there is one on riverside drive and just over the Haddigan round-a-bout. Either way, taking your car through a car wash is gonna probably damage it in someway, there's no way I'd stick mine through one! Failing that, see how much the Wash Bay charge for just a wash and dry??

Forbes
1st March 2011, 05:16 PM
I use Elrick garage. One of the better ones.

Or there is the Torry one, go with a mate then one can sud one use a mitt

Gismo
1st March 2011, 05:55 PM
Wow, a member for almost 3 years and your first post :welcome:

ianking
2nd March 2011, 09:19 AM
I wouldnt use the brush on the forecourt.
If you dont have access to your own tap for a hose etc then just use the jet wash part at the petrol station but take your own buckets, wash mitt and shampoo in the buckets. Much safer for the paint than using their brush.

TroyBruce
2nd March 2011, 10:41 AM
Yeah think il just take my own stuff and just use the power hose at a garage. cheers

yeah first post in 3 years, signed up ages ago when i was going to be getting a mini but now i can post as i know do have one :)

Mon the fish
2nd March 2011, 02:32 PM
You could get one of the hoses/water packs that runs off your cig lighter, has it's own contained water supply. Designed for cleaning mountain bikes out on the trail, but may do a job. Not sure how much water it would hold though.