PDA

View Full Version : Geneva Motor Show

AndyP & Lenore
27th February 2011, 05:01 PM
Off to this on Saturday.

Looking forward to it. Will take big camera so hopefully lots of piccies.

A.

N16SHP
27th February 2011, 07:23 PM
I'm not jealous, nope, not even in the slightest, not jeaous that you'll get to see some nice cars, and some nice models, and....DAMN YOU ANDY!! he he, enjoy it mate!!

Craig
27th February 2011, 07:44 PM
Git !!

:lol:

Enjoy it guys, VERY jealous..... :yes nod:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mini Ecosse
27th February 2011, 08:15 PM
Good one:thumbs up:

The Dogfather
27th February 2011, 10:11 PM
You swine! ;)

Have a good one

GCA3N
27th February 2011, 10:47 PM
have a great time very Jealous.

Stewart
27th February 2011, 11:16 PM
looking forward to the pic's...............have fun.

Gismo
28th February 2011, 08:00 AM
I'll be flying over it this weekend :Whistle:

Colin
28th February 2011, 12:34 PM
Have a good trip :bigwave:

Stewart
1st March 2011, 11:02 PM
MINI at the 81st Geneva International motorshow

http://www.totalmini.com/forum/images/buttons/blueonwhite/reputation.gif (http://www.totalmini.com/forum/reputation.php?p=429746) http://www.totalmini.com/forum/images/buttons/blueonwhite/report.gif (http://www.totalmini.com/forum/report.php?p=429746)
With its unmistakable brand identity, clear commitment to driving fun combined with exceptional efficiency, and unquenchable creativity in the development of groundbreaking vehicle concepts, MINI has secured its position as a pioneering one-off among premium small car makers into 2011. At the 81st International Geneva Motor Show 2011, the British brand is presenting not only the most diverse model line-up in its history, a further expanded range of engines and new, stylish personalisation options, but also another fascinating response to the challenges of urban mobility in the 21st century.

With the MINI, MINI Clubman, MINI Convertible and MINI Countryman, the extended range of engines, and the addition of the MINI Yours and new
John Cooper Works products to the options list, the International Geneva Motor Show 2011 sees MINI presenting its most diverse range of options yet for driving fun tailored precisely to individual needs and preferences.

World premiere: the MINI Rocketman Concept.
Compact on the outside, but big on the inside, the “creative use of space” principle so beloved of the MINI brand enters a new dimension with the MINI Rocketman Concept. As a 3+1-seater with a vehicle length of little more than three metres (approx. 10 ft.)World premiere:

the MINI Cooper SD.

The introduction of the MINI Cooper SD in spring 2011 will give the brand’s model range its third and most powerful diesel variant yet. The latest addition to the line-up is a 2.0-litre engine developing 105 kW/143 hp and peak torque of 305 Newton metres (225 lb-ft), and will give the MINI,
MINI Clubman, MINI Convertible and MINI Countryman even stronger power development combined with exceptionally low fuel consumption. The MINI Cooper SD sprints from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 8.1 seconds and, fitted as standard with MINIMALISM technology, achieves average fuel consumption of 4.3 litres per 100 km / 65.7 mpg imp (CO2 emissions: 114 g/km) in the EU test cycle. The sporting character of the most powerful diesel variant in the range is also easily identifiable from the outside, with a large air intake, striking air scoop on the bonnet, roof spoiler and twin exhaust tailpipes delivering a clear message.
World premiere: John Cooper Works Pack for the MINI
and MINI Convertible.

World premiere: MINI Yours and the MINI Clubman Hampton.
Individuality is all part of the MINI character – and now the brand has introduced a highly exclusive new way of turning your car into a personally configured one-off. The factory-fit options from the MINI Yours product range combine quality and style with familiar MINI flair, helping to give the car a particularly expressive presence. Scheduled for launch in spring 2011, the MINI Yours range includes wonderfully expressive exterior paint finishes, upholstery variants and interior colours, as well as studiously configured equipment packages. Added to which, a limited-edition version of the MINI Clubman will be presented to mark the premiere of MINI Yours. The MINI Clubman Hampton embodies the unmistakable style of

AndyP & Lenore
2nd March 2011, 01:00 AM
Interesting Stewart..

Was hoping to see the Roadster. Would seem daft for them NOT to have it there. As well as the Coupe.

A.

zimbo
2nd March 2011, 10:02 AM
Would you and Lenore like someone to come along and carry your bags for you??? :yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
2nd March 2011, 10:42 AM
Would you and Lenore like someone to come along and carry your bags for you??? :yes nod:

You're welcome to join us dude. Flying out of Newcastle though. Bit of a trek for you.

A.

KenL
2nd March 2011, 11:53 AM
Fantastic!

Please have a good snoop around the coupe and roadster if they are there.

BTW, pricing has been announced for the S diesel - it is £750 more than the real S.

Pathetic that a slower car with an off the shelf engine can cost more than an S.

Stewart
2nd March 2011, 11:57 AM
The only thing I can think with the Coupe & Roadster is that they could want to use a later date to show of the new toys....like next year at yon Mini show in france! But then were they not there last year, so they could just be old news and they will be there.

@Ken

You can build them on the Mini site now and its shocking Cooper SD came in at £22K and that was holding back on the spec. :thud:so I'd have to wait for one sitting at a dealers, a year old with the works pack just so it looks the part. I could not spec the Works pack so that £22K could be £24K:idunno: then you have to ask I'd take a real works over a SD.

Stewart
2nd March 2011, 03:38 PM
Mike is there today and has a load of pictures but don’t want to spoil it but the Roadster and Coupe are missing I think from the stand…MINI have their usual stand next to BMW in hall 1.With 8 cars on display the RocketMan is the star of the show.

http://184.72.239.143/mu/5284f8b5-2523-1731.jpg

http://184.72.239.143/mu/52848b37-25e8-bfd2.jpg

looks on at the Works and drools

Gismo
2nd March 2011, 03:51 PM
Wow, that S Works looks stunning :cool:

Scottie
2nd March 2011, 07:13 PM
Had a wee look at mikes pics I'm liking the SD but in countryman form shame the other two are not there

zimbo
3rd March 2011, 10:27 AM
You're welcome to join us dude. Flying out of Newcastle though. Bit of a trek for you.

A.

Would love to mate, but just not got the finances to go... :sad: maybe go along with you guys next year if you go again. :thumbs up:

zimbo
6th March 2011, 12:09 PM
Come on MrP wheres the pics then!!!? I wanna see the minis obviously and I REALLY REALLY want to see pics of the 1M :thumbs up: :Whistle:

.....come on MrP :idunno:

Gismo
6th March 2011, 01:51 PM
Flew over it and never saw anything :Whistle:

AndyP & Lenore
7th March 2011, 12:37 AM
OK Folks, for those seeking pics of our trip to Geneva Motor show...

CLICK HERE FOR PICS! (http://www.tili.co.uk/geneva/page1.htm)

There's over a hundred of them so I've created a few pages for them on Tili's web site. Conscious that many folks now use the iPhone / iPad for viewing the site, I've stayed away from a flash based viewer. The disadvantage in that is that there's no thumbnails to view, all the images will open full size. But, I've spread them across 4 pages, so there's only about 25 to a page.

Getting close to some of the more desirable metalwork; Lamborghini, Ferrari, etc. was not easy.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
7th March 2011, 12:58 AM
A short show report....

We both enjoyed the show, but I think of all the stands, MINI's disappointed most. Real shame. It seemed most disorganised with cars almost hidden away which should have been out front sitting proud (Countryman rally car, JCW), and the two most important vehicles the brand are next to launch completely missing (coupe and Roadster).

The Rocketman looks OK. But there's no way in hell it's going to go into production with that double pivot door which any parent will tell you is a finger trap waiting to happen and what appears to be a single hinge for the door to swing on is a warranty claim waiting to happen. Will be interesting to see what they do with that.

Volkswagen's Golf R32 replacement (or at least we think it's the R32 replacement) the Volkswagen Golf R looked OK and the performance figures look good and so on, but it just looks too... dull. Just not meaty enough for me. Lenore liked it though.

I'd like to apologise now for the drool marks I left on Audi's R8 5.2L Quattro, Oh my.

But the car of the show for me was the GTA Spano. This car was simply a thing of beauty. I've stuck a pic at the bottom of this post.

The stands were absolutely stunning, with extensive use of LED panels creating incredible moving image vista's with some walls being a good 30 to 40 metres long and easily 10 metres high. Incredible to see and really can't be described in a way that gives them justice.

The place was rather busy and it was easy enough seeing the cars on the Tata stand, but it took 10 minutes of pushing and shoving in a way I haven't done since I was 10 and in primary school, just to get close enough to take a couple of photo's on the Ferrari stand.

Total trip cost about £280 to £300. Would we go back? Not for a few years and only then if MINI or another manufacturer had a car we simply couldn't wait to see.

Oh, aye, and.... Swiss food is rank. Dropped a belt size in 1 day.

Any questions, fire away.

http://www.tili.co.uk/geneva/geneva_74.JPG

A.:thumbs up:

Neil and Lorna
7th March 2011, 08:09 AM
Off to the show today. Hopefully not as busy on a Monday.
Don't judge Swiss food on what's on offer at the show and airport.
Had a fantastic fondue last night. Looking forward to a stone baked pizza tonight.
Disappointed to hear about mini stand their stand 3 years ago was superb, set over 2 floors with drinks on offer.

Neil and Lorna.

Sent from our hotel room in Geneva using my finger to type on my iPhone.

AndyP & Lenore
7th March 2011, 09:15 AM
The MINI stand was over two floors this time round too. Only drinks on offer were a glass of water - still, it was refreshing.

A

zimbo
7th March 2011, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the pics MrP :thumbs up: Love the new Koenigsegg Agera :drool: , the 1M Coupe' and I really like the A1 1.4 T, saw an A1 (Black) in the car park at work on Saturday and it looked really nice :yes nod:. The colour on the Golden Orangy coloured New Continental GT is AWESOME!!! a perfect colour for my next car :thumbs up: Mmmmm Brabus...

No Porsche GT2RS, Caymen R photos then?

AndyP & Lenore
7th March 2011, 10:21 AM
For some reason, I don't have any Porsche pics, sorry dude. Also, the M1 was so crowded and it was stuck in a cubicle all on it's own, so it was very difficult getting any pics of it at all.

A.

baptie
7th March 2011, 11:14 AM
That Golf R looks mint.

The ferrari stand looks amazing......need to nip home, soiled myself at the Lambo pictures!

Stewart
7th March 2011, 09:18 PM
Great pics. Still love the Lambos and the Black Works just looks better and better cant wait to see Bob's in May........

N16SHP
7th March 2011, 09:59 PM
Great pics Andy!!!

Colin
8th March 2011, 03:45 PM
Some crackin pics, shame the MINI coupe n roadster were missing???