PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Present - Mini Coupe Concept scale model

G17RDY
27th February 2011, 10:04 AM
Hello,

Well it was my birthday on Thursday and among some pretty sweet gifts that the wife and kids gave me was this.....

A Mini Coupe Concept Scale model - Limited to 750! :thumbs up:

Here are a couple of shots - The second is the model added to my existing Mini display!

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg283/G17RDY/DSC_2144.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg283/G17RDY/DSC_2143.jpg

GCA3N
27th February 2011, 10:11 AM
How cool is that love it.

Gismo
27th February 2011, 10:34 AM
Nice one :thumbs up:

Craig
27th February 2011, 11:10 AM
Nice wee collection !! ;)

Stewart
27th February 2011, 12:36 PM
like the Display did you make it or buy that? Wee car looks great as well.

rpn
1st March 2011, 03:54 PM
That's a nice collection of Mini models there.

Will post up mine when I'm back in Scotland. On leave in Cyprus just now.

G17RDY
1st March 2011, 04:48 PM
Thank you to all, for the nice comments

like the Display did you make it or buy that? Wee car looks great as well.

Stewart - I bought it, its a set made by Corgi (OOP) which came originally with three mini's 1/32 scale - One white, one red and one blue.
I kept the blue one, added stripes (which is white electrical tape!!) and added a 1/32 checkmate model to sit along side (had a real one of those for about a week!!) - Great thing about the checkmate, again made by corgi, is it has working headlights and taillights, powered by a small battery.

I love the display, and although the coupe is not the same scale, i think it suits the display well.

P.S - Corgi also made the exact same mini display for the original Mini - That's next on the shopping list!!!

zimbo
2nd March 2011, 10:10 AM
I have that coupe' model as well, though mine is in it's box still just now until I can get some room to display my model collection. Those coupe' models are not cheap for the scale they are in, I mean I even had to think long and hard before I got mine so your an extremely lucky man for getting that as a birthday pressie :thumbs up:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one in here that collects model cars, mine range from minis to Koenigseggs... :rolleyes:

Gismo
2nd March 2011, 10:28 AM
Wasn't that the Italian Job Limited edition setup

G17RDY
2nd March 2011, 04:00 PM
Wasn't that the Italian Job Limited edition setup

No i don't believe so, but corgi did a few versions of the Italian job mini as a set but never with this particular display base. However the original mini set did include a red white and blue one!

It is known as the 'End of an Era' set and featured cooper s models!