PDA

View Full Version : Tar spots removal?

zimbo
26th February 2011, 10:49 AM
Anyone in here recommend something that I can use to remove tar spots that are all over my car (sides and the rear), washed the car yesterday while I had a chance and had good weather to do so. And was disgusted to find loads and loads of tar marks all over the car!!! :ragin: want to try and get these all off the car before I claybar it when the good weather finally arrives and I have long enough time to do a full detailing job.

So Ian (king of shine sir) can you or anyone else recommend what I should get to do the job?

Thanks in advance guys. :thumbs up:

MINI William
26th February 2011, 11:03 AM
Ali get some TARDIS. I went and got myslef some. Fantastic stuff

Doug_m
26th February 2011, 11:10 AM
Ali get some TARDIS. I went and got myslef some. Fantastic stuff

What he said! ;)

Craig
26th February 2011, 11:16 AM
Wot they both said... Just used some this morning in fact ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gismo
26th February 2011, 11:16 AM
Paint thinners or wire brush and dettol :thumbs up:

Neil and Lorna
26th February 2011, 11:22 AM
What the've all said. Except Gismo's suggestion.

But remember it will strip your wax also. So wax reapply needed.

Neil.

GCA3N
26th February 2011, 12:31 PM
I did my whole car last week as the roads are awful over here. I used the auto smart tardis glue and tar remover too.

Wash car as normal, then using small micro fibre cloth or pad remove all tar. I then washed the car again, dried then clay bared, Re -washed, then waxed. Took all day but the results were awesome and the paintwork felt like glass once finished.

Stewart
26th February 2011, 01:34 PM
Whats that plus 4 for the smart tardis, make it plus 5......Best I've used. The Autoglym stuff works but it take a bit more effort. The Tardis just takes it off better first time.

ianking
26th February 2011, 05:11 PM
Yeah Autosmart Tardis all the way for me.
I put it in a spray bottle with a chemical resitant head and just spray it all over after having washed the vehicle.
You will see the tar start to run down the car. Then with a clean micro fibre cloth just wipe it away.

Obviously as others have said you will need to wax afterwards.

GCA3N
26th February 2011, 05:25 PM
Yeah Autosmart Tardis all the way for me.
I put it in a spray bottle with a chemical resitant head and just spray it all over after having washed the vehicle.
You will see the tar start to run down the car. Then with a clean micro fibre cloth just wipe it away.

Obviously as others have said you will need to wax afterwards.

I am right in saying Ian it was you who put me onto this.

Scottie
26th February 2011, 05:27 PM
I always find using my husband the most effective method in removing tar spots.:moonie:

stoney
26th February 2011, 08:05 PM
What rest have said :lol:

Sent from Stoney planet

Gismo
26th February 2011, 08:12 PM
What rest have said :lol:At last, someone who agrees with me :thumbs up:

Neil - TXJ
26th February 2011, 08:19 PM
I always find using my husband the most effective method in removing tar spots.:moonie:

I use the wife to remove mine!!!!!

GCA3N
26th February 2011, 08:50 PM
I use the wife to remove mine!!!!!

should she not be doing the dishes or something:hand::lol:

zimbo
27th February 2011, 01:17 AM
Thanks for all the replies, or most of you at least :rolleyes:, I mean I diont own a wire brush or a husband or a wife so I guess TARDIS it is then :yes nod:

Thank you very much my fellow clean car gurus :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
27th February 2011, 01:35 AM

What rest have said :lol:

:thud:

Does Christine know?:hand:

A.:D

Neil and Lorna
27th February 2011, 12:11 PM
Just to add, I've been told

Paint thinners fine for a sore throat. :frown:
Wire brush and detol fine for piles.:frown:

Neil. :popcorn:

k3ith
1st March 2011, 09:38 PM
I did my whole car last week as the roads are awful over here. I used the auto smart tardis glue and tar remover too.

Wash car as normal, then using small micro fibre cloth or pad remove all tar. I then washed the car again, dried then clay bared, Re -washed, then waxed. Took all day but the results were awesome and the paintwork felt like glass once finished.

Check out Dodo Juice 'Tarmalade' this stuff is in a pot and you can dab it onto tar spots. the benefit being it doesn't spray on and run down the panel stripping your wax of, you just re-apply wax on the bit youve just detarred. Its dearer than tardis but it means you dont have 5 litres kicking about your garage as well.

MonsteR
5th March 2011, 09:27 PM
Just bought some Tardis today along with some other detailing goodies, this stuff is unbelievably good and effortless to use! ;)

Stewart
6th March 2011, 12:51 AM
The Tradi is good when I first used it I was like " what the feck was I doing all these years when this stuff just take it off so easy"

weefossy
9th March 2011, 08:14 PM
Quicker with a brillo pad!! Lots of lovely pink foam :thumbs up: Oh and yes you do have to wax afterwards....or phone King Ian to fix!!

weefossy
11th March 2011, 11:25 PM
Being serious for a moment, where do you get Tardis; is it only on line from somebody like polishbliss? Do any shops sell it, ie Halfords etc.?

Craig
12th March 2011, 12:14 AM
Being serious for a moment, where do you get Tardis; is it only on line from somebody like polishbliss? Do any shops sell it, ie Halfords etc.?

I bought it from my autosmart guy who comes to my work Malcolm... Let me know if you want me to buy it for you. Comes in a 5 litre tin for about £17 from memory ;)

GCA3N
12th March 2011, 07:25 AM
I got mine from ebay.

Stewart
12th March 2011, 10:07 AM
I got my Tardis from Washshop I’m sure it was on Ebay, he’s on here.

Took a look and he's got nothing for sale in his store right enough just now, but he lives in Linlithgow
West Lothian.

No Tardis on his site
http://www.washshop.net/ea/section.php/396/2/polishes_paint_prep