PDA

View Full Version : 2011 1st GP cancelled.

zimbo
22nd February 2011, 11:23 AM
I see Bahrain has pulled out of hosting this years 1st Grand Prix at the beggining of March :Whistle: Talk about giving short notice... :frown:

Gismo
22nd February 2011, 11:25 AM
It's not as short as you think, the majority of the equipment is in Spain for the testing this week.
The cancellation isn't exactly unexpected given the unrest in Bharain at the moment

N16SHP
22nd February 2011, 11:30 AM
I think it was more Mr Ecclestone pulled the plug on it no?

euan
22nd February 2011, 12:02 PM
It's not as short as you think, the majority of the equipment is in Spain for the testing this week.
The cancellation isn't exactly unexpected given the unrest in Bharain at the moment

Not strictly true - the majority of it is in a boat going to Bahrain (marketing centres, 2nd cars etc). They only take the minimum to testing.

Frankly, if you've seen some of the footage on YouTube (which is very graphic and I wouldn't advise you too) I'm amazed there are even contemplating heading back at all.

ELFMAN
22nd February 2011, 05:21 PM
I see Bahrain has pulled out of hosting this years 1st Grand Prix at the beggining of March :Whistle: Talk about giving short notice... :frown:

Kind of hard to race when there's a Revolution going on... F1 is the least of their worries at the moment. I reckon it won't be going back for a wee while...