PDA

View Full Version : Ipad and Itunes qestion

Scottie
15th February 2011, 10:32 PM
Can I transfer my itunes on my mac pro to my ipad if so how do I go about it.

jdl_1967
15th February 2011, 10:39 PM
Do you just connect the iPad to your laptop and iTunes will sync with your iPad. Same as an iPod or iPhone I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottie
15th February 2011, 10:45 PM
ok will give it a try trouble is my version on mac it the old version think my ipad has the latest and the two are not compatible or maybe that new version of itunes is not out yet but read something about it.

The Dogfather
15th February 2011, 10:49 PM
As mentioned above, its identical to the iPhone.

The Dogfather
15th February 2011, 10:52 PM
Fi, you need to update iTunes to the latest version.

Open iTunes > Click on iTunes in the bar at the top of the screen > Check for Updates

Scottie
17th February 2011, 10:09 PM
here is the thing. Over the years I've had many laptops and loaded itunes on them all and then sold the laptop on but always doing a restore blah blah.

However today loading itunes on the Allan's PC as my mac has version 10.4.11 so no good for ipad. Anyway it said on Allan's PC that I had reached the limit of 5 PC's with my apple ID and I was to go to the other PC's and de authorise my apple ID. the thing is I don't have the other computers now and do not want to do this on my mac.. So what do I do???

jdl_1967
17th February 2011, 11:51 PM
I'm sure I've heard that Apple will reset the count for you. Try contacting their support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottie
18th February 2011, 12:12 AM
thanks will give that a go.

Scottie
18th February 2011, 12:14 AM
on a side note...... anyone got the new nano's (well new to me the me) as I've just bought one the wee square sort of ones. really cool by the way:cool:

Scottie
18th February 2011, 12:17 AM
got it. will try tomorrow night

to deauthorize all computers associated with your account

If you find you have reached 5 authorizations, you can reset your authorization count by clicking Deauthorize All in the Account Information screen.

Click iTunes Store in the menu on the left side of iTunes.
If you're not signed in to the store, click the Account button, then enter your account name and password.
Click the Account button again (your ID appears on the button), enter your password, and then click View Account.
In the Account Information window, click Deauthorize All.
Note: You may only use this feature once per year. The Deauthorize All button will not appear if you have fewer than 5 authorized computers, or if you have used this option within the last 12 months. If you need assistance on using this feature, please contact the iTunes Store support via email (http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww/).