PDA

View Full Version : I wish I trusted the whole Ebay thing with cars

Stewart
14th February 2011, 09:37 PM
2500I wish I trusted the whole Ebay thing with cars - What a car for the price......Guy selling on Total and I had it on watch just to see what it went for.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330527918954&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)

2010 MINI JOHN COOPER WORKS RED 25K New in March 2010
10K on the clock £17600 its just run in and in showroom con.............http://forums.northernmini.co.uk/images/smilies/winking0071.gif

if this was at my local dealers I'd be falling in the door saying "I'll take it " http://forums.northernmini.co.uk/images/smilies/smile.png

ianking
14th February 2011, 10:23 PM
My god that was a cheap car

ELFMAN
20th February 2011, 04:45 PM
Whoever's selling that is taking a big hit... must be unforseen/unavoidable circumstances.

Stewart - that's the problem, you'd NEVER see that at your local dealer!

Craig
20th February 2011, 05:56 PM
Talking of cheap cars... Mine was cheap considering Eastern have just whacked £3,500 onto the price they gave me to stick on their forecourt. Now I know they have to make a profit but giving me £500 less than bottom book then doing this is VERY low in my book :frown:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stewart
20th February 2011, 07:11 PM
Wow they put £3.5K on it. At most I thought 1-2K:frown:

ELFMAN
21st February 2011, 01:31 AM
That's just taking the p*** Craig! A £3.5K hike...:frown:
Like you said, they have to make a profit, but that just seems like greed.

Well now we all know the score, all I can say is that nobody from NMS should buy from them, or even get cars serviced there. Simples. :thumbs up: Then how much trade will they lose through giving you the least they could get away with? If they had given you a better price or not bumped up the cost so much for the next buyer, they might've looked good... shame.
What goes around... :knife::bigwave:

Stewart
21st February 2011, 04:14 PM
I know it would be a pain to keep up to date but really there should be a law that makes Dealers have two advertised prices.

Actual Price OTR.
Actual Price Current trade in.

Lets see who would buy the car knowing there is a trade in hit of £3.5K from day one.

N16SHP
21st February 2011, 05:27 PM
I'm not looking to go out and start bashing dealers as everyone has a good and bad story for every dealer. When Kirsten was looking for her S, she told Eastern she had a max budget of £13k and wanted only white (after finally deciding that although Laser Blue was nice, she really wanted white and definitely not CR as that's what I have lol) So a week later they phone up and say right we can offer you a Laser Blue S at £15.5K or a CR one that's in budget at £13.5k...eh did you listen to what we said guys?

But as I said, I'm not out to bash, just thought it was a rather comical story! Hope it's not long before your back in a Mini Craig!!!

Craig
21st February 2011, 08:36 PM
My experiences of mini are that I've lost big time on every deal which is prob my fault... :rolleyes: although other cars I've had haven't hurt as much ........ ;)

This might stop me buying again.... :thud:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ELFMAN
22nd February 2011, 02:27 PM
It's funny how MINI has one of the best reputations for retaining value... until you try to trade them in, then there's a lot of humming and hawing and you NEVER get what you reckon the car's worth - even taking into account the Dealer's margins.

I must admit I was fairly lucky with Douglas Park in Hamilton, as although I didn't get quite as much as I'd like for my last car, I was able to negotiate the removal of the aftermarket bits and have my retained standard parts re-fitted - at their expense. I then sold the 'fancy bits' making up some of the 'shortfall', and I also got a good deal on the R56 from 'stock' (as opposed to speccing it myself - but it's as near as damn it as I would've had it anyway), which softened the blow!

Probably the best thing is to sell privately and buy a year old one, avoiding the first year's depreciation hit. But it's great to get a brand new one! You pays your money....

Crombers
22nd February 2011, 02:44 PM
My experiences of mini are that I've lost big time on every deal which is prob my fault... :rolleyes:

Saying nowt .................... :confused: :rolleyes: :popcorn: