PDA

View Full Version : JCW Sports seats - Is this a standard price or cheap?

G17RDY
12th February 2011, 01:03 PM
Hello,
Just called a dealer looking to price up the JCW Sound Kit, but whilst on the phone i thought i would inquire about the JCW Front Sport Seats - Leather (R50)

I was quoted £430 + VAT for each seat - Supply only

I was surprised at this cost, i was expecting it to be higher, but is this a standard cost or is this cheap - Help please?

Thanks

GCA3N
12th February 2011, 01:52 PM
I cannot see that being the recaro's at that price.

G17RDY
12th February 2011, 02:31 PM
I'm not sure, i asked what the description was, and the parts guy said - John Cooper Works sport seat - Black outer with Red leather inner.

Which would leave me to believe it is these...

http://www.mini.co.uk/html/accessories/john_cooper_works/interior.html

Mon the fish
12th February 2011, 02:38 PM
If you get it confirmed that it's these seats, I want to know!

GCA3N
12th February 2011, 02:40 PM
If it is those what a bargain.

Forbes
12th February 2011, 02:45 PM
DItto

G17RDY
12th February 2011, 03:37 PM
Strangely enough, and i forgot to mention this, he said there was another option - all black leather and those were £1000!!!

I asked him if it was a special offer, if these two were on clearance or something, but he replied 'No, they have to come from Germany, as there are none in the UK, that's the price thats coming up!'

I'm beginning to think, that this is an error - The parts dept closed at 12 mid-day - but im going to call again on Monday morning, to confirm some details - If it is those seats i'm ordering - And just get the red leather re-trimmed in grey or something.

Then i will reveal all!!!!

ELFMAN
12th February 2011, 04:40 PM
Renault do 'Renaultsport' Branded Recaros as an option for the Clio at about £900 the pair, but MINI have never offered JCW Recaros at that price. I got mine second-hand, as I would never have paid what they were asking for them!

I thought they were maybe the 'Sports Seats' with a different 'JCW' Trim, but looking at the link, they seem to be the real thing... if so they've drastically reduced the price - totally UNLIKE MINI.

I'd verify the price and ask why thety're cheaper than the current Recaros.

If they are JCW Recaros, NMS will do a Bulk Order!

MINI William
12th February 2011, 04:44 PM
Remember these are for the R50 so will be the JCW Sparco seats possibly

ELFMAN
12th February 2011, 04:57 PM
Remember these are for the R50 so will be the JCW Sparco seats possibly

Good point William - just realised they were R50 items! :argh:

The R56 JCW's are about £2K a pair. These seats look slightly different form the JCW Sparcos I had in my R53 S, but that was a while back and mine were black cloth with a nice embroidered 'JCW' Logo. They were excellent seats and SO much better than the standard or 'Sports' seats. I'd be sorely tempted because they really make you much more 'connected' to the car - one of the best mods IMO. :thumbs up:

KenL
12th February 2011, 05:08 PM
I'm not sure, i asked what the description was, and the parts guy said - John Cooper Works sport seat - Black outer with Red leather inner.

Which would leave me to believe it is these...

http://www.mini.co.uk/html/accessories/john_cooper_works/interior.html

Are those not the new black with red piping seats fitted to factory cars and not the racing style recaros?

I saw seats like you describe in a car at Vardy which had the new red roof option etc.

G17RDY
12th February 2011, 06:18 PM
Will find out more info on Monday and let you all know!

GP BILLY
12th February 2011, 06:48 PM
:smilewinkgrin:For that price I hope they are heated:smilewinkgrin:

G17RDY
14th February 2011, 11:49 AM
No longer Available!!

Although the were the proper JCW recaro's

Either they were never available in the first place, or someone's bet me to getting the last pair.
Think they were reduced in price to clear stock, the black one's are still available at normal price £950 + VAT

ELFMAN
14th February 2011, 02:32 PM
No longer Available!! Although the were the proper JCW recaro's

Ah well...

Comparing the picture in the Link with my JCW Recaro's, I still don't think they're the same seat. The 'Headrest' part of the seat is much narrower on the JCW Recaro (which I think is the 'Sportster CS') than the one we're discussing. I tend to go with Ian's suggestion that the seat in question is in fact a Sparco item or similar, which if I remember rightly were a bit 'chunkier' in that area.

I also don't think that the JCW Sparco Seats for the R50/53 and the Recaros for the R56 were directly interchangeable because of different runners/airbag issues. This would possibly add weight to the reasoning that the seats advertised on the MINI site for £450.00 weren't the 'new' JCW Recaros. I sold my JCW Sparcos when I traded in my R53 because I was told by the Dealer they wouldn't fit the R56 - which, after some swearing and a bit of investigation I believe to be correct. Luckily I had kept the original seats to put back in the car! Although there probably would have been a way to fit them - there's always a way around things if you're handy with a wiring loom/spanner/angle grinder/dynamite).

I reckon a visit to Ebay etc might be a good idea!

G17RDY
14th February 2011, 03:48 PM
Sorry i said Recaro's, they were the JCW R50 - R53 option, so you're more than correct, they were the Sparco's!!

ELFMAN
14th February 2011, 06:23 PM
I really should get out more...