PDA

View Full Version : MINI Coupe' in disguise...

zimbo
10th February 2011, 10:46 AM
Just found this while surfing...

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/spy-shots-2012-mini-coupe/#3864630

it looks like the coupe' will have a "Pop-up" rear spoiler while travelling at certain speeds by the looks of it!!, looking not too shabby so far :thumbs up:

Doug_m
10th February 2011, 11:00 AM
Nice find!

Funky...

ELFMAN
10th February 2011, 11:47 AM
At last - A new MINI which is definitely a MINI!

N16SHP
10th February 2011, 11:56 AM
Fine looking Mini indeed!!

Hogman
10th February 2011, 12:24 PM
Nahhhh still dont like it!

Colin
10th February 2011, 03:06 PM
Still not sure about the back end. Would have to see it in the flesh.

ELFMAN
10th February 2011, 04:21 PM
Still not sure about the back end. Would have to see it in the flesh.

I know what you mean Colin... It's like the 'Fast Show' - "Does my Bum look big in this?"

IMO there's something not QUITE right proportionally with the roof and the body, it still looks a bit "Big Heed, Wee Bunnet", like a MINI with a roof chop (which is arguably what it is), rather than an integrated design. But like you said, I'd have to see the finished article in the metal. I reckon it'll go very well with the JCW running gear though!

GCA3N
10th February 2011, 08:43 PM
Oh yes my next car. I think this will be stunning and as euan days in jcw format I think it will be jaw dropping.

Stewart
10th February 2011, 09:27 PM
I still don’t fancy the look of this but that’s just on what I've seen so far. Given a Works Hatch and this I'd still want the hatch I’m sure about it. If I got over the flashiness of having it on the road that is first. It will be a head turner for the first year that’s for sure and a cracking car on the road to drive I’m sure. I like the Roadster better.

KenL
11th February 2011, 09:50 PM
I really can't wait to see this.

No sure if I will be willing to pay the price for it as it will no doubt be more expensive than a hatch even if it is as cheap or cheaper to make.

G17RDY
12th February 2011, 01:37 AM
You know i loved the concept car, so much that i thought , wow... i know what i am saving for! However, and this is got to be due to the mini disguise, there is something about the proportions that just don't sit right with me.

Still looking forward to seeing it in the showrooms, and i'm sure it will look fantastic in the right colour etc, however will it replace my desire for a GP, probably not!!!

Stewart
12th February 2011, 02:00 AM
http://gmotors.co.uk/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/MINI-Roadster-rear-2-650x432.jpg

Active rear spoiler is something I did not know it had. Wait and see it will go up over 60 mph so the Cops can tell you've been doing 60 in that 40 zone.......... Although this is the Roadster but looks like the same bit of kit used in both cars.

http://gmotors.co.uk/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/MINI-Roadster-side-3.jpg

The Dogfather
12th February 2011, 09:42 AM
If its like the one on the TT you can deploy if manually so that would be your excuse

zimbo
12th February 2011, 11:10 AM
I really like the look of the roadster, but just fear that it will be REDICULOUSLY expensive!! :yes nod: :Whistle:

Sheilz
12th February 2011, 12:51 PM
Not sure about it. Agree with Euan about the proportions of it, for me specifically the rear and also would suspect it will be ludicrously expensive compared to other models in its class but that goes for the whole mini range esp when choosing optional packages. At the last count my ideally spec'd clubman comes in at just under £23K and that was just for the cooper 1.6. (Sorry that was a bit off topic)

Minimynx
12th February 2011, 01:00 PM
I think it's minging!

Sorry but I love my MINI for it's size, shape etc & that thing doesn't look very mini to me!

Rant over.....:D

Stewart
12th February 2011, 02:25 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/09/p90047202.jpg

I think there is still the Mini look, the main point to me is I like the look but I don’t desire it. Take me to a dealer and say pick your dream Mini it’s got to be the New Works Hatch every time for me as to me it looks bang on what to me a modern Mini should. In saying that stick a few works badges on the white Roadster and it would hard not to like.
The two above would get that’s a bit different rather than dam that’s the car I want from me. If I wanted a two seater Roadster think it would be the TT.
I think it could be priced from 24K Cooper to 31K Works Roadster. :thud:

KenL
12th February 2011, 05:05 PM
I think it could be priced from 24K Cooper to 31K Works Roadster. :thud:

Surely not? Unless it has a much higher quality interior than the standard car, I don't think it should be more than a premium of max £2k over a hatch.

I might be tempted to go for a lightly specced coupe (i.e. no options) instead of a hatch.

The feature on the motoringfile suggests that it is pretty practical. I'd appreciate a bigger boot space and can live without rear seats. If I can't get my golf clubs in it is a definite no for me.

Stewart
12th February 2011, 07:20 PM
That’s probably pie in the sky with my prices but this will be Mini’s new toy and its not going to be cheap. Going from there Build prices a Convertible Cooper Hatch with the usual Chili pack and sports pack say your talking 22K. Probably overboard on the over 30K right enough we will see. They could decide not to do a soft option in the Cooper as every picture I’ve seen has the Cooper S scoop.

KenL
12th February 2011, 08:37 PM
That’s probably pie in the sky with my prices but this will be Mini’s new toy and its not going to be cheap. Going from there Build prices a Convertible Cooper Hatch with the usual Chili pack and sports pack say your talking 22K. Probably overboard on the over 30K right enough we will see. They could decide not to do a soft option in the Cooper as every picture I’ve seen has the Cooper S scoop.

A Cooper Convertible with CHILLI & SPORTS pack is £22K?

I paid £17.5k for my S with CHILLI and a couple of other extras!

KenL
12th February 2011, 08:43 PM
Stewart,

I heard from my dealer (a good while ago) that these cars would only be available as S or JCW.

I doubt that is the case as they will sell in much bigger numbers if they do them with Cooper & Diesel engines.

G17RDY
12th February 2011, 10:37 PM
Stewart,

I heard from my dealer (a good while ago) that these cars would only be available as S or JCW.

I doubt that is the case as they will sell in much bigger numbers if they do them with Cooper & Diesel engines.

That wouldn't be very clever on Mini's part if that was the case, not unless they want to sell the models in really small numbers.
I think you are right Ken, they will sell in bigger numbers if they stick to the current formula - The bulk of minis sold are of the lower end on the range with only a few extras bolted on, if any at all - all you see at the dealers are Mini ones / coopers with chilli packs!

KenL
13th February 2011, 08:21 PM
Aha!

Looks like a Cooper will be released. Check out the single exhaust to the right here: http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/3213484-post17.html

euan
13th February 2011, 08:33 PM
I much prefer the look of the roadster to the coupe, the coupe just doesn't look right to me. The roadster has a bit of small TT look to it, and I'm not a massive fan of the TT looks but this looks much nicer.

JCW version of the roadster would do me nicely ;-)

N16SHP
13th February 2011, 08:34 PM
I think it's the floating roof design on the Coupe that looks a little odd, but I still like it. The Roadster does look nice!

ELFMAN
23rd February 2011, 12:05 PM
I think the Roadster works better aesthetically... but the Coupe with the added structural strength of the roof would probably be the 'Weapon of Choice' for the Petrolheads amongst us. Not that I'll be able, or choose, to afford either of them... I'll await the 'official' prices with interest.

Stewart
17th March 2011, 05:06 PM
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_861/car_photo_430927_25.jpg

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_861/car_photo_430924_25.jpg

The Works!

zimbo
18th March 2011, 11:13 AM
That looks not too bad, not too sure about the Grey/graffitti yellow look with red stripes, but the shape looks pretty cool.... :D

Bazthemod
5th June 2011, 11:44 AM
Full details and pricing to be released 1st of July :)

Stewart
5th June 2011, 03:13 PM
There is a few of then already ordered on total mini but I think they are just "Making a note of intention" as they are placing orders blind. With the scary price of split new Mini's I'll be interested to see what they start at.

Bazthemod
6th June 2011, 04:12 PM
Well the cats out of the bag early... full details should be released by the end of this week...

Available in JCW from launch, very happy about that!!

http://www.motoringfile.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/P90077683_highRes-640x424.jpg

http://www.motoringfile.com/wp-content/gallery/coupe_final/P90077605_highRes.jpg

http://www.motoringfile.com/wp-content/gallery/coupe_final/P90077607_highRes.jpg

The MINI Coupe is here. Almost. Technically we’re still a few days away from the final car’s world premier but MINI is giving us (more on that in a minute) and you an early look at the most anticipated MINI in years on MotoringFile. So let’s get to the early highlights.

The Coupe will launch with Cooper, Cooper S, Cooper SD and JCW models.
There are no engine changes for the Coupe. That means power remains the same at 122hp, 180hp and 208hp for the Cooper, Cooper S and JCW respectively.
As it stands there’s no engine update for 2012 on the base JCW coupe or any other MINI.
The body structure is based on the convertible but with added bracing on the rear and sills is even stiffer than the R56 hatch
Pricing and Weight figures are forthcoming
MINI is indicating 0-60 performance to be essentially unchanged but we suspect that’s a tad conservative
Active aero in the form of a rear wing that deploys above 50 mph.
Over the next 24 hours we’ll be gaining much more insight into the Coupe than what you get from a typical press release. We can’t say anymore at this time but be sure to watch this space over the next 24-36 hours. In the meantime here’s MINI’s first press release on the Coupe. Keep in mind between our reports in the next day or two plus the final full press release we’ll be seeing much much more information on this new MINI.

GCA3N
6th June 2011, 04:57 PM
Can't wait to see this in the flesh.

sent from my galaxy S ll

Stewart
6th June 2011, 05:18 PM
You just know it will end up being the best drivers Mini in the JCW form.

GCA3N
6th June 2011, 05:38 PM
You just know it will end up being the best drivers Mini in the JCW form.

Agreed Stewart.

sent from my galaxy S ll

Gismo
7th June 2011, 04:24 AM
Looking good, i notice the petrol cap is in the same place as the currnet Mini on the above shots

gauldrymini
7th June 2011, 11:24 AM
Now that JCW is going to be a very "bang tidy" car...:p

The Dogfather
7th June 2011, 11:28 AM
Me not like!