PDA

View Full Version : tyre advice ?

astrocooper
7th February 2011, 02:48 PM
hi sorry to bring this issue up again /running standard winter tyres i.e. non r.f. and noticed the ride quality is much better /so going to get alloys cleaned up while they are off the car and looking to fit standard non r,f. tyres .been looking at Maxxis MVA1 tyres also Hankook v12 evo tyres not much differance in prices but never tried any of these makes before ? .tyre size 205/45/17.any advice would be helpfull .p.s. i will be selling the runflats if any body is intestered /2 contisport3 /2 bridgestone potenza all 4 tyres have 6mm of tread .i live in the Banchory area Aberdeenshire .

Craig
7th February 2011, 03:46 PM
hi sorry to bring this issue up again /running standard winter tyres i.e. non r.f. and noticed the ride quality is much better /so going to get alloys cleaned up while they are off the car and looking to fit standard non r,f. tyres .been looking at Maxxis MVA1 tyres also Hankook v12 evo tyres not much differance in prices but never tried any of these makes before ? .tyre size 205/45/17.any advice would be helpfull .p.s. i will be selling the runflats if any body is intestered /2 contisport3 /2 bridgestone potenza all 4 tyres have 6mm of tread .i live in the Banchory area Aberdeenshire .

Of the 2 tyres you mentioned I would go with the hankooks. If your buying all 4 look at 215/45/17 size as much more choice and they cost less. Falken fk452 are also a good budget tyre ;). Uniroyal Rainsport 2s also get great reports but are slightly mire expensive .... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

astrocooper
9th February 2011, 08:32 PM
hi thanks for the advice /i will find some time to look for new tyres .

The Dogfather
9th February 2011, 08:38 PM
I've just bought 4x Hankook Evo V12 from Camskills cost £255 including delivery, they arrived next day as well. I'm getting a local mobile fitter to fit them @£15 per tyre including removing the old RFs.

www.camskill.co.uk

Craig
9th February 2011, 09:28 PM
I've just bought 4x Hankook Evo V12 from Camskills cost £255 including delivery, they arrived next day as well. I'm getting a local mobile fitter to fit them @£15 per tyre including removing the old RFs.

www.camskill.co.uk

That's who I buy my tyres from ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bry_mini
9th February 2011, 09:45 PM
best midrange tyres i have used were avon zz3-(dry weather) and avon zv5. £75(ish)
x2 camskill or scot tyre

Sheilz
9th February 2011, 09:52 PM
I thought the rainsports were amazing. The wetter the road the more they seemed to grip. Well worth considering.

N16SHP
10th February 2011, 12:02 PM
I thought the rainsports were amazing. The wetter the road the more they seemed to grip. Well worth considering.

With a name like RAINsport's you wouldn't have guessed would you Sheilz ;) he he, i'm just pulling yer leg btw!! It is incredible to think they start working better with more water, bit like the wets in F1, only work if theres rain, and the more the better, unless the puddle is more than a foot and a half deep and then it would be pouring in to the cabin! :D:D

The Dogfather
10th February 2011, 02:07 PM
Rainsport 2s are a great tyre but I'm going to give the Hankooks a go just to see if they any better

ELFMAN
10th February 2011, 05:20 PM
I'm enjoying my ContiSportContact 3's - £115.00 per corner fitted at Douglas Park MINI.

Bit dearer, but an excellent tyre and the car is now much more capable/comfortable on anything less than smooth dry tarmac (if you could ever find any in Lanarkshire) than it was with the runflats.

astrocooper
10th February 2011, 08:33 PM
chers guys for adive and commets .