PDA

View Full Version : Its catching....

gauldrymini
7th February 2011, 01:52 PM
....the possibility of being made redundant. I was told last Friday and had a letter on Saturday to confirm my role was under threat of being made redundant...oh the joys...and another large kick in the ball$:frown:

on a cheerier note good to see Stoney at the aforementioned work in a very stealth looking GP:p

Andrew

Gismo
7th February 2011, 02:24 PM
I know how you're feeling, i've been frantically seeking work for months, plenty jobs, just not getting a break

Craig
7th February 2011, 02:45 PM
Not great news Andrew... It's a terrible time at the moment and this government seem to think we are coming out of recession..... I think we are firmly planted I'n it and they are making it worse by all the cuts..... :frown:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GCA3N
7th February 2011, 04:09 PM
Terrible news we are in hard times. Hope something comes good mate.

stoney
7th February 2011, 05:59 PM
gutted for you mate

yep good to see you as well took me a min to click who u were :lol: and yes it a very stelthy GP :lol:

Scottie
7th February 2011, 07:11 PM
not good read I went through the same thing back in 2007. Decided to stay in the job I'm in at the moment may not be the greatest but it's been the first time since 1998 that I have not worked under the threat of being made redundant.

ianking
7th February 2011, 07:43 PM
I was told today that if I do get the chop then my work are not puuting anything more than the government minimum as the redundancy payment even although last year they made £3.9 million profit in Scotland.
Absolutely fuming as I left a very secure job 3 years ago to start with them.

Craig
7th February 2011, 07:50 PM
I was told today that if I do get the chop then my work are not puuting anything more than the government minimum as the redundancy payment even although last year they made £3.9 million profit in Scotland.
Absolutely fuming as I left a very secure job 3 years ago to start with them.

That's sh** Ian :frown: hope you get lucky !

ianking
7th February 2011, 07:54 PM
whats worse is that they want everyone out by the 31st March and I started on the 1st April 2008 so only 2 years for me.

stoney
7th February 2011, 08:07 PM
whats worse is that they want everyone out by the 31st March and I started on the 1st April 2008 so only 2 years for me.

Shocking mate :(

Sent from Stoney planet

ianking
7th February 2011, 08:13 PM
If I do get the heave then Im seriously thinking about starting up properly on my own doing valeting and detailing.

GCA3N
7th February 2011, 08:34 PM
If I do get the heave then Im seriously thinking about starting up properly on my own doing valeting and detailing.

You'd do well mate.

Scottie
7th February 2011, 09:37 PM
If I do get the heave then Im seriously thinking about starting up properly on my own doing valeting and detailing. that's terrible hopefully you are one of the lucky ones and get kept on

Crombers
8th February 2011, 06:06 PM

There are a lotta folk out there doing this now, but nowhere to your standard imho.

Hope however that you can keep the detailing as a lucrative side line & your day job survives

ELFMAN
8th February 2011, 06:43 PM
That really SUCKS Ian. Hope things work out OK for everybody

It's just like being back in the 80's - one of the 'advantages' of being a wee bit older - I've seen it and been through it all before, and it's not any better this time around. Last time it was caused by Thatcher and her crew with their misplaced idiotic 'We're all right Jack' political ideology, this time it's a combination of greedy Bankers and dumb-ass laissez-faire politicians giving them the go-ahead to screw up the world. The line we were being fed last year about 'The Recession being over' was a pile of old toss. This is where the famous British 'Spirit of the Blitz' will have to resurrect itself across the country - hang in there folks, the sirens are sounding... :shut up:

:ragin: (hops off soap-box and grumbles off into the distance...)

Sheilz
8th February 2011, 08:10 PM
that's terrible hopefully you are one of the lucky ones and get kept on

Serious subject but this had me chuckling coz am sure Fi didn't mean it the way I read it
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Scottie
8th February 2011, 08:43 PM
I always put my foot in it.:p I mean't that he is one of the ones that keeps his job.:smilewinkgrin:
Serious subject but this had me chuckling coz am sure Fi didn't mean it the way I read it
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

gauldrymini
9th February 2011, 09:39 AM
...decision was made yesterday and I was kept on. A total whirlwind of a couple of days, many emotions etc.

Gutted for the guy that was made redundant as he is a really nice fella...:frown:

GCA3N
9th February 2011, 09:45 AM
...decision was made yesterday and I was kept on. A total whirlwind of a couple of days, many emotions etc.

Gutted for the guy that was made redundant as he is a really nice fella...:frown:

Well delighted for you,well done.:thumbs up: Not good news for the other guy though:frown:

Craig
9th February 2011, 10:11 AM

Bitter sweet Andrew ;)

ianking
9th February 2011, 11:37 AM
Good news fella but very sad for the other guys made redundant.
Hopefully I get good news like you.

Gismo
9th February 2011, 02:03 PM
Good news fella but very sad for the other guys made redundant.
Hopefully I get good news like you.Ditto