PDA

View Full Version : I am so annoyed with Carphonewarehouse today

Scottie
3rd February 2011, 08:47 PM
I asked Allan to get me a new pouch/silicone case for my phone today.

He bought me one this afternoon when I got home form work didn't like it much so I went in to Stirling tonight asked if I could change it for another one exact same kind but pink in colour. Only to be told sorry we do not do refunds, but I didn't want a refund just one in a different colour only to be told sorry we do not do exchanges. So I am left wit a 17.99 pouch in a colour I do not like.

I was so annoyed with them no refunds no exchanges I had the receipt pouch still in original packaging .:argh::argh: Was told I should have read their terms before we bought the pouch.:argh::argh:

Sheilz
3rd February 2011, 08:50 PM
Company clearly not bothered about losing customers

Hogman
3rd February 2011, 08:54 PM
Under the sales of good act they cannot refuse you a refund if you have the receipt and its still in its original packaging - call trading standards - they will sort it out

audrey
3rd February 2011, 08:54 PM
Think thats a disgrace tbh some customer service :frown::frown:

GCA3N
3rd February 2011, 09:33 PM
Terrible service.

The Dogfather
3rd February 2011, 10:00 PM
Under the sales of good act they cannot refuse you a refund if you have the receipt and its still in its original packaging - call trading standards - they will sort it out

They can refuse to exchange or refund. The only time that have to, legally, is when its sold via mail order or web, as these fall under the distance selling regulations. Most companies will offer you a exchange/refund though as its seen as a good way of enticing customers.

If you can find a fault with it then you should get a refund under the 'sale of goods'

GCA3N
3rd February 2011, 10:05 PM
From memory it goes a bit like this :Whistle:

Subject:
Sale of Goods Act, Faulty Goods.
Relevant or Related Legislation:
Sale of Goods Act 1979. Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994. The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002.
Key Facts:
• Wherever goods are bought they must "conform to contract". This means they must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality (i.e. not inherently faulty at the time of sale).
• Goods are of satisfactory quality if they reach the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking into account the price and any description.
• Aspects of quality include fitness for purpose, freedom from minor defects, appearance and finish, durability and safety.
• It is the seller, not the manufacturer, who is responsible if goods do not conform to contract.
• If goods do not conform to contract at the time of sale, purchasers can request their money back "within a reasonable time". (This is not defined and will depend on circumstances)
• For up to six years after purchase (five years from discovery in Scotland) purchasers can demand damages (which a court would equate to the cost of a repair or replacement).
• A purchaser who is a consumer, i.e. is not buying in the course of a business, can alternatively request a repair or replacement.
• If repair and replacement are not possible or too costly, then the consumer can seek a partial refund, if they have had some benefit from the good, or a full refund if the fault/s have meant they have enjoyed no benefit
• In general, the onus is on all purchasers to prove the goods did not conform to contract (e.g. was inherently faulty) and should have reasonably lasted until this point in time (i.e. perishable goods do not last for six years).
• If a consumer chooses to request a repair or replacement, then for the first six months after purchase it will be for the retailer to prove the goods did conform to contract (e.g. were not inherently faulty)
• After six months and until the end of the six years, it is for the consumer to prove the lack of conformity.

Sheilz
3rd February 2011, 10:37 PM
............ and that was just from memory :Whistle: :laugh:

GCA3N
3rd February 2011, 10:39 PM
............ and that was just from memory :Whistle: :laugh:

Cut and paste, well I never!!!!;)

Gismo
4th February 2011, 11:29 AM
Cut and paste, well I never!!!!;)And full of bull :Whistle:

Fartin Martin
4th February 2011, 01:18 PM
I worked for a store in Glasgow that had a no refund policy which was a PITA sometimes..as well my job was to deal with all exchanges in the store..and it was a BIG store and most people didnt bother asking or didn't look at the receipt! I even had a Lawyer say to me it was illegal till I pointed out that it was stated on the receipt and at all till points..she soon realised she was in the wrong. Basically as long as it's stated on the receipt and displayed at the till points then there's not much that can be done..but if it un-used and un-opened then they should take it back..pester them..ask for the manager..and then if they don't then ask for contact details of head office. Bit of a hassle..but I would do it out of principle and if more people do this then they might change their ideas! you could also try taking it to another store and see what they say.

N16SHP
4th February 2011, 05:45 PM
Yeah I agree, i'd go back and ask to speak to the manager. Purely from a point of good will! Failing that, stand outside the shop and tell all the customers about to go in how poor their service in, that will get you an exchange soon enough, has worked for me in the past :D!!!

Fartin Martin
4th February 2011, 07:26 PM
or phone Mary Portas....