PDA

View Full Version : More Power and Sporty Style for Spring 2011 (for those not on facebook........)

Stewart
2nd February 2011, 04:55 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs346.snc4/41590_285423841639_2284456_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/MINI.uk)

More Power and Sporty Style for Spring 2011

by MINI UK (http://www.facebook.com/MINI.uk) on Wednesday, 02 February 2011 at 11:29

We’re pleased to announce some new additions to the MINI family from March comprising the new Cooper SD models, MINI Clubman Hampton and a new Special Edition Hatch, the MINI Pimlico. The new Sports Pack option will add spice to the Hatch and Convertible ranges.

MINI Cooper S...with D

Available from March the MINI Cooper SD models will house the most powerful diesel variant in the MINI line-up. The new 2.0 litre/143hp engine available in all MINI body types will deliver more power, frugal fuel consumption and lower CO2 emissions. Echoing the distinctive style of the MINI Cooper S some distinctive design features adorn the new cars including a front apron with an extra large air intake. At the rear each SD model sports twin exhaust tailpipes and in traditional Cooper S style, the side indicator surrounds carry the SD motif.

The two litre four cylinder engine produces almost 28 per cent more power than the Cooper D and nearly 60 per cent above that of the One D making the Cooper SD the most performance-orientated diesel MINI to date. Allied to a mighty torque figure of 305 Nm (225 lb-ft) from 1,750 to 2,700 rpm, the highest torque value of any MINI engine, means that in the case of the Hatch a top speed of 134mph and a 0-62mph acceleration time of 8.1 seconds is possible.

This new engine does not sacrifice efficiency on the altar of performance. All five MINI Cooper SD models are equipped with the full panoply of MINIMALISM technology to eke ever more miles from every precious litre of diesel, the result for the MINI Cooper SD Hatch is 65.7 mpg on the EU cycle emiting a mere 114 grams of CO2.

On the Road Prices for the MINI Cooper SD models are:

Hatch £18,750
Clubman £19,790
Convertible £21,130
Countryman £21,970
Countryman ALL4 £23,190

The new diesel engine features the same torque steer management software which was added to the petrol portfolio in September last year.

New MINI Sport Pack

From April a Sports Pack, closely aligned to the John Cooper Works models is available for all models of the MINI Hatch and Convertible range to enhance exterior and interior styling and offer more dynamic driving responses.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs040.snc6/167092_493950836639_285423841639_6632886_1014574_n .jpg
The Sports Pack, closely aligned to the John Cooper Works models is available for all models of the MINI Hatch and Convertible range to enhance exterior and interior styling and offer more dynamic driving responses.

The pack is equipped with a special aerodynamic package that includes a front and rear apron and a honeycomb mesh over the main air intake. Stepping inside occupants are greeted by John Cooper Works door entry strips, John Cooper Works black sports leather steering wheel with contrasting red stitching, a red shift pattern on the manual gear knob and matching red stitching on the leather gear lever and handbrake gaiter. Cloth-leather sports seats, a Sport Button, Piano Black Interior trim, white indicators and bonnet stripes are also included.

The Sports Pack comes with Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) and Electronic Differential Lock Control (ELDC) to complement the standard Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) system. DTC allows more wheel slip before the electronics intervene to allow the driver more control at the touch of a button when pulling away on slippery surfaces and extending greater control for those who require a more sporting driving experience in corners. EDLC also enhances the sporting driving experience by braking a spinning wheel in tighter corners, thereby enhancing traction and increasing cornering speed.

MINI Sport Pack Pricing:

MINI One/One D Hatch £2,995
MINI Cooper/Cooper D Hatch £3,245
MINI Cooper S/Cooper SD Hatch £2,260
MINI One Convertible £2,785
MINI Cooper/Cooper D Convertible £2,995
MINI Cooper S/Cooper SD Convertible £2,150

The final flourish of this Sport Pack is provided by the lightweight 17 inch John Cooper Works Cross Spoke alloy wheels. The Pack is available in eight body colours.

MINI Clubman Hampton

The MINI 50 Hampton celebrates the introduction five decades ago of an additional bodywork version on the classic Mini, which today ranks as the historic predecessor of the MINI Clubman.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs797.ash1/168792_493950166639_285423841639_6632871_1670925_n .jpg
The exterior of the MINI Clubman Hampton is painted in Reef Blue Metallic, a colour specially developed for this edition, with black roof and rear door surrounds.

The MINI Clubman Hampton is painted in Reef Blue Metallic, a colour specially developed for this edition, with black roof and rear door surrounds. Exclusive black Lounge Leather seats are edged in Damson Red piping and feature a seat tag with an ‘H’ logo. The Damson colour theme is repeated on the bonnet stripes, mirror caps and in the piping and stitching on the floor mats to highlight the satellite Grey or Carbon Black colour line and the Anthracite headlining. The instrument faces are in Anthracite, while the Central Speedo is also surrounded by a Damson Red ring.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs077.snc6/168719_493949506639_285423841639_6632868_1283325_n .jpg
The Interior of the MINI Clubman Hampton featuring exclusive black Lounge Leather seats edged in Damson Red piping and feature a seat tag with an ‘H’ logo.

All Hampton editions are fitted as standard with the CHILI pack which includes automatic climate control, on-board computer, Bluetooth with USB Audio, fog lamps, sports leather steering wheel, light package and storage pack. In addition all models feature exclusive 17" Twin Spoke alloy wheels with centre caps incorporating a Damson Red lining (wheels in Silver or Black), Bi-Xenon headlights with black interior reflectors and MINI 50 Hampton badging on the door sills, side indicator surrounds and the B pillar and front grille.

On the Road Prices for the MINI Clubman Hampton models are:

Cooper Hampton £20,360
Cooper D Hampton £21,710
Cooper D Clubman Hampton Auto £22,905
Cooper S Clubman Hampton £22,445
Cooper SD Clubman Hampton £23,185

MINI Pimlico

A new MINI Hatch special edition will go on sale in the UK for 12 months from March. The MINI Pimlico models will feature as standard exclusive Laser Blue metallic paint, previously only available on MINI Cooper S and John Cooper Works, 16’’ twin spoke alloy wheels, Piano Black interior trim, white indicators and MINI Pimlico special edition badging.

On the Road Prices for the MINI Pimlico models are:

MINI One Pimlico £14,465
MINI One D Pimlico £15,545
MINI Cooper Pimlico £15,995
MINI Cooper D Pimlico £17,295
MINI Cooper D Auto Pimlico £18,490

Further details will be published on www.mini.co.uk (http://www.mini.co.uk/) in due course

So if you want your Mini to look like a works you just add this new Sports pack or in real terms why not just add a few thousand and actually buy one Having the New Cooper SD with the pack and your talking 21K. :argh:

Thinking buying a nearly new Mini I’d be looking out for this sports pack even in a Cooper, reminds me of Williams Cooper I liked so much.

N16SHP
2nd February 2011, 05:18 PM
Mini is in danger of just becoming too mainstream and doing too much! The whole idea of a special edition is just that, they are special. There's now a special edition coming out every year near enough :(

Stewart
2nd February 2011, 05:22 PM
I love the look of the Works but I dont want every Mini to look like one, In saying that a Lazer blue with black roof de chromed with this Sports Pack and I’m a happy bunny.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/jordan210/P90072015.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/jordan210/P90072011.jpg

Dont mind the look, this would be like a new version of my Silver wiith the kit but the bit below is just wrong on a Cooper!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/jordan210/P90072014-zoom.jpg

N16SHP
2nd February 2011, 05:23 PM
Aw yeah for sure, I mean don't get me wrong, I love the cars, just think Mini the brand is going the way of Andy Carroll....sellout!

Stewart
2nd February 2011, 06:02 PM
The Coupe and Roadster will shake things up to a dagree, some of the lads on TM have got orders in already.
Just think saying you drive a Mini today can mean so many different cars.

Less about Mr C the better..........he's not for sale! Nope not for sale ! yeah we just sold him! Mike Ashley for you.:argh:

Sheilz
2nd February 2011, 07:43 PM
I want that Clubman. Am I right in thinking the bonnet stripes are a shade of red ? almost like the opposite of Dougall. I like the neater bonnet on all of these models. Gives them back a dinky look. Love it. Now where can I get me mits on £22K?

Duncan Stewart
2nd February 2011, 09:09 PM
The new SD sounds very tempting with current price of fuel - but could I handle all that torque :smilewinkgrin:
BHP is a bit disappointing - a 2 litre produces more like 160 / 170 bhp in other "sport" diesels

I adore the "Reef blue" on the clubby special edition, hope it comes to the rest of the range :cool:
But pink ("Damson red") bits on the bonnet strips & wheels :argh:

Sheilz
2nd February 2011, 11:43 PM
The new SD sound very tempting with current price of fuel - but could I handle all that torque :smilewinkgrin:
BHP is a bit disappointing - a 2 litre produces more like 160 / 170 bhp in other "sport" diesels

I adore the "Reef blue" on the clubby special edition, hope it come to the rest of the range :cool:
But pink ("Damson red") bits on the bonnet strips & wheels :argh:

Aw shame I love the damson red think it's just nice getting away from the regular colours a bit. Maybe too girlie looking for you guys?

ianking
3rd February 2011, 09:22 AM
Without sounding like a mini snob or anything Im a wee bit annoyed that MINI are letting punters spec their one, cooper and S to look the same as the factory JCW.
The whole point of the factory JCW, appart from the power is that it looks a bit different and has its unique wheels on it.
Going along the road if you know your minis you can easily tell another factory JCW.

The blue clubman is nice mind you.

GCA3N
3rd February 2011, 09:26 AM
Without sounding like a mini snob or anything Im a wee bit annoyed that MINI are letting punters spec their one, cooper and S to look the same as the factory JCW.
The whole point of the factory JCW, appart from the power is that it looks a bit different and has its unique wheels on it.
Going along the road if you know your minis you can easily tell another factory JCW.

This was my exact comment over on Tm. Your right Ian there has always been a distinct difference between the models right from the one through to the jcw. It's getting to the point where you'll really not be able to tell which one from the other.

N16SHP
3rd February 2011, 12:00 PM

Yep, have to agree also Ian, very much my thinking!

Stewart
3rd February 2011, 04:38 PM
This sports pack does not have the impressive brakes thankfully.

I think the simple thing to say is after this pack launches the look of the Works is going to get more and more common. I loved when the Mini first came out and you seen one or two on the road and I’d think now that’s a nice wee toy.
Now as I’ve said before you don’t feel that special when up in Giffnock I can pass forty in the space of ten minutes and find myself on an unofficial mini run at the lights with seven around me.

I stopped with the head turning but I did still apreciate the Works when one pulled up or parked next to me. It was the car to aspire too I'd hate to see it become the norm and lets face it by the looks of it your a £25 badge away from it being hard to tell.

Still love the cars

Exclusive to the MINI Cooper S: John Cooper Works Tuning Kit.

The selection of John Cooper Works retrofit options will also welcome some attractive new additions in spring 2011. Customers keen to sample the sporting driving experience in the MINI Cooper S, MINI Cooper S Clubman or MINI Cooper S Convertible in an even more focused form will be able to order their cars with the John Cooper Works Tuning Kit. Performance-optimised engine management and a specifically designed air filter system enable the twin-scroll turbo engine to develop even greater power. Indeed, the maximum output of the four-cylinder unit rises another 12 kW to 147 kW/200 hp at 5,700 rpm. Plus, the driver can call on maximum torque of 250 Nm (184 lb-ft) between 1,250 and 5,000 rpm when some seriously forceful acceleration is required – and this can be raised to as much as 270 Nm (199 lb-ft) between 1,800 and 5,000 rpm courtesy of the Overboost function. All of which means that the MINI Cooper S can sprint from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in just 6.8 seconds and record a top speed of 234 km/h (145 mph).
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5216/5409421290_1baf4c45c2_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/motoringfile/5409421290/)
The John Cooper Works Tuning Kit includes a model-specific sports silencer with chrome tailpipes, which optimises the exhaust gas discharge and gives the engine sound a particularly sporting note. It is available for retrofitting on all relevant models with manual gearbox produced since March 2010. It meets the MINI brand’s high standards of quality and safety in terms of both design and engineering and is retrofitted, like all John Cooper Works accessories components, by authorised MINI Service Partners. This means that the car’s warranty will remain unaffected.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4148/5409500844_99f8f0a5dd_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/motoringfile/5409500844/)
Another new addition to the John Cooper Works accessories range is the 18-inch Cross Spoke Red Stripe light-alloy wheel variant, which will also be available from spring 2011. The black wheel features the innovative addition of a red trim strip on the wheel rim. This high-quality marking is produced by means of a special painting process, and the colour tone is identical to the red of the painted John Cooper Works brake callipers.

Is this new I thought thay did this anyway?

So if I order a Cooper S with the sports pack and the JCW Tuning Kit what the hell is it?
A factroy works or an S with all the kit out the Factory but still considered a S.......

ianking
3rd February 2011, 08:16 PM
Well the figures posted above as an S with the tuning kit aren't as powerful as a factory JCW. Remember that a factory JCW has hardened internals to cope with the extra power and it has an electronic LSD

Duncan Stewart
3rd February 2011, 09:07 PM
Aw shame I love the damson red think it's just nice getting away from the regular colours a bit. Maybe too girlie looking for you guys?

:yes nod::yes nod:

Neil - TXJ
3rd February 2011, 10:29 PM
Regarding the JCW bodykit is this any different to what you can do now? I thought you could already buy the kit as an aftermarket option anyway.

GCA3N
3rd February 2011, 10:41 PM
Well the figures posted above as an S with the tuning kit aren't as powerful as a factory JCW. Remember that a factory JCW has hardened internals to cope with the extra power and it has an electronic LSD

Oooooh yeah :D

Fartin Martin
4th February 2011, 01:31 PM
Regarding the JCW bodykit is this any different to what you can do now? I thought you could already buy the kit as an aftermarket option anyway.
yeah you can..but think this just makes it cheaper and more accessible to everyone..most folk that put a JCW kit on their standard one/cooper/s are usually Mini nutjobs like us..and will fork out the ching chings for it

ELFMAN
4th February 2011, 03:17 PM
MINIs with more show than go? Slightly worrying. I remember the twilight days of the BL Mini when they had more 'Special Editions' than you could shake a dipstick at. As the guys have said - there are soon going to be more 'JCW's (real or look-a-likes) than the standard cars, so personally I can't wait for the Sports Pack to come out, it means my S will really stand out from the crowd as it DOESN'T have a bodykit! :cool: :yes nod:

The Tuning Kit's what I have on my car. It gives a useful boost to performance over the standard car - towards JCW power - but the JCW's still quicker... as Ian mentioned, the JCW has the upgraded internals and Turbo, so it can be taken to a higher level of tune than the standard S. With the spec I have on my car, Will at 'P-Torque' reckons it would put out 245BHP and 270ft/lbs Torque with a custom remap. William's Dad Brian's JCW was remapped to 270+BHP because the JCW engine could take it.

The SD seems OK in theory - don't know if I see that much point in it though - the standard S is pretty quick and pretty frugal most of the time, so if you want performance, get an S, if MPG is paramount, get a Cooper D. The SD's not going to be as exciting as one or frugal as the other... still, you pays your money - and MINI LOVES that. :smilewinkgrin:

Doesn't the Clubbie pictured look like the old 'Indi Blue'? :thumbs up: This was the chosen colour for my first two MINIs. Not sure at all about the stripes though... Pity the MINI marketing dept. obviously aren't aware of ****ney Rhyming Slang - 'Hampton' means something else entirely! :blush: It'll certainly give it a 'manly' image. "Ach, verdammt, we have created ze Clubman Villie!" :laugh: I find it quite amusing that I can't type "****ney", which draws even more attention to the 'Fnaaaaaaaaaarrrrr-ness" :hand:

GCA3N
4th February 2011, 03:20 PM
MINIs with more show than go? Slightly worrying. I remember the twilight days of the BL Mini when they had more 'Special Editions' than you could shake a dipstick at.

The SD seems OK in theory - don't know if I see that much point in it though - the standard S is pretty quick and pretty frugal most of the time, so if you want performance, get an S, if MPG is paramount, get a Cooper D. The SD's not going to be as exciting as one or frugal as the other... still, you pays your money - and MINI LOVES that. :smilewinkgrin:

As the guys have said - there are soon going to be more 'JCW's (real or look-a-likes) than the standard cars, so personally I can't wait for the Sports Pack to come out, it means my S will really stand out from the crowd as it DOESN'T have a bodykit! :cool: :yes nod:

Doesn't the Clubbie pictured look like the old 'Indi Blue'? :thumbs up: This was the chosen colour for my first two MINIs. Not sure at all about the stripes though... Pity the MINI marketing dept. obviously aren't aware of ****ney Rhyming Slang - 'Hampton' means something else entirely! :blush: It'll certainly give it a 'manly' image. "Ach, verdammt, we have created ze Clubman Villie!" :laugh:

Brilliant as usual Euan, I think you should start your own Blog Euan.:yes nod:

ELFMAN
4th February 2011, 03:35 PM
I've edited it a wee bit Greig...

Colin
4th February 2011, 03:56 PM
All these variants and different combinations/packs are confusing me!! :confused: Less is more.

AeroJonny
4th February 2011, 05:29 PM
sooo, with a standard S with the JCW tuning kit, I'm only 11bhp short of a factory JCW but get all the benefits of the more efficient new VANOS engine? They need to make their minds up because I'm struggling to make up mine.

Stewart
4th February 2011, 05:57 PM
"new VANOS engine"
Aaaaaa Feck what the hell is that? This just the new engine that is now in the S from april last year or something.

You know what will end up customers will go in thinking they know what they want and walk out with a totally different car on order. All we need is Pepper, Chilli and extra spicy! I’m sure the marketing people used to for golden wonder.

ELFMAN
4th February 2011, 06:08 PM
sooo, with a standard S with the JCW tuning kit, I'm only 11bhp short of a factory JCW but get all the benefits of the more efficient new VANOS engine? They need to make their minds up because I'm struggling to make up mine.

Aye, but that's if you believe that the Factory JCW is putting out 211BHP. I was discussing this with William and his Dad last Sunday, and we reckon you could add another 20BHP to that figure. The stock JCW is a very quick motor when you're chasing it! Wrung out, mine just about keeps up on a 'give and take' road and I estimate I have about 210BHP with my current tune. :motoring::eek:

My opinion is that it's fine to go for the 'Standard' new S with the fancy engine and tweak it later on if you feel the need for more speed. :thumbs up: P-Torque apparently already have software for the latest '180BHP' R56 engine... If and when I get mine re-mapped, as I mentioned, with the Intercooler and the Milltek etc, it should see 245BHP and 270ft/lbs Torque, which would be more than enough for me.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, but I think that MINI is in danger of just confusing people with all of these variants. Folks like choice, but if that choice becomes a chore, they've missed the point. :confused::argh:

MINI William
4th February 2011, 08:02 PM
Aye, but that's if you believe that the Factory JCW is putting out 211BHP. I was discussing this with William and his Dad last Sunday, and we reckon you could add another 20BHP to that figure. The stock JCW is a very quick motor when you're chasing it! Wrung out, mine just about keeps up on a 'give and take' road and I estimate I have about 210BHP with my current tune. :motoring::eek:

My opinion is that it's fine to go for the 'Standard' new S with the fancy engine and tweak it later on if you feel the need for more speed. :thumbs up: P-Torque apparently already have software for the latest '180BHP' R56 engine... If and when I get mine re-mapped, as I mentioned, with the Intercooler and the Milltek etc, it should see 245BHP and 270ft/lbs Torque, which would be more than enough for me.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, but I think that MINI is in danger of just confusing people with all of these variants. Folks like choice, but if that choice becomes a chore, they've missed the point. :confused::argh:

Thanks alot Elfman :smilewinkgrin:

Scottie
4th February 2011, 08:04 PM
now I have a problem was going after a clubman to add to the stable but got to say I'm liking that clubman alot..

Stewart
5th February 2011, 01:31 AM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs896.ash1/180470_499547963510_115434098510_6247701_157696_n. jpg
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs896.ash1/180484_499548033510_115434098510_6247703_1804424_n .jpg

Got to love it, actual shots of the car and its in a stupid light, that looks near enough just black.

Delboy
5th February 2011, 05:40 PM
Oh, that Clubbie Hampton is gorgeous :drool:

AeroJonny
5th February 2011, 07:13 PM

Ach, who knows, IF I get another MINI, the choice will most likely be a Cooper SD or a JCW. All depends on work, bleurgh.

Stewart
5th February 2011, 08:30 PM
Oh, that Clubbie Hampton is gorgeous :drool:

Step away from the Screen nothing to see here!:smilewinkgrin:

Delboy
5th February 2011, 10:42 PM
Step away from the Screen nothing to see here!:smilewinkgrin:

Ha ha, I wish!

GCA3N
6th February 2011, 12:46 AM
Ha ha, I wish!

You clubbie is nicer del. Don't get me wrong inside it's stunning but externally yours is far nicer.

ELFMAN
6th February 2011, 01:03 PM
It's a nice motor, the ****ton, but why don't they just bring these out as options for the standard car? Then you could pick and choose, say, the wheels or the paint - and get even more confused, it's the MINI way. Maybe they will in future, then just like the Sports Pack creating loads of JCW-stylee clones you'll be able to spec a 'Hampton -A- Like', and annoy everybody who thought they'd bought something a bit rarer...:hand:

Bloody silly names though, and SO predictably mostly London-Centric :yawn: Personally I can't wait for the 'Countryman Isle of Dogs' and the 'Cooper Elephant and Castle'. :thumbs up:

It's all a bit of a joke and not something I'll lose sleep over, but it's geting a wee bit silly when there's the possibility of there being more 'Special Editions' and Look-A-Likes on the road than there are 'range-standard' cars. Does that mean that your bog-standard MINI might actually become the rare Collector's Item?

"Coming soon, the 'MINI-MAL' Does just what it says on the tin. No messing". Wouldn't that be more in keeping with the original Mini sprit? Now THERE'S a marketing idea for the folks at MINI HQ! :idea:

Stewart
6th February 2011, 05:22 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5053/5409567183_f00f4c71a1_z.jpg

Duncan Stewart
6th February 2011, 09:03 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5053/5409567183_f00f4c71a1_z.jpg

The red looks more like purple than pink now! I'm confused :confused:
Need to see it in the metal I think :smilewinkgrin:

ELFMAN
7th February 2011, 03:37 PM
I've just clocked the prices... Cooper Hampton £20,360... Away Tae.... :blush: £20K for a COOPER? :thud: I think the COOP's a great car, but anyone who spends £20K on one with only cosmetic changes wants their head examined! :argh: I know I wasn't going to lose sleep over this, but it's now disturbing my afternoon nap. You could have an excellent specced-up COOPER for WAY less than that - and at least you'd have THOUGHT ABOUT IT YOURSELF rather than just buying it 'off the peg'. Jeez, you could have a cracking 2nd-Hand JCW for that sort of money.

And a final word from Rab. C...
"Pimlico"...? "Pimlico" is it? "Pimlico"...? I will tell you this Boy, I will tell you this, I will NEVER, NEVER drive anyhin' called "Pimlico"!!!!! :ragin:

Craig
7th February 2011, 03:48 PM
I've just clocked the prices... Cooper Hampton £20,360... Away Tae.... :blush: £20K for a COOPER? I think the COOP's a great car, but anyone who spends £20K on one with only cosmetic changes wants their heed examined! :argh: I know I wasn't going to lose sleep over this, but it's now disturbing my afternoon nap.

"Pimlico"...? "Pimlico" is it? "Pimlico"...? I will tell you this Boy, I will tell you this, I will NEVER, NEVER drive anyhin' called "Pimlico"!!!!! :ragin:

Easy wee man, mind the blood pressure !!

Nurse!! Get his pills ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burple
7th February 2011, 04:02 PM

Dontcha even fancy a proper cheeky wee old Domino Pimlico??

http://www.classic-kitcars.com/images/imgtxt/500/1265752749-Mini%20Cabrio%203.jpg

http://www.marotaxaties.nl/Fotos/Porfolio3/DominoPimlicoBlauw1991RA.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/70/Domino_pick.jpg

I bet there's still a few of them left in fairly good nick scooting about.. :cool::thumbs up:
Think Domino Cars will be sueing BMW for use of the name? ;)

Burple
7th February 2011, 04:04 PM
Actually.. I really quite like the look of that blue tho.... :cool::p:D

GCA3N
7th February 2011, 04:14 PM
I've just clocked the prices... Cooper Hampton £20,360... Away Tae.... :blush: £20K for a COOPER? :thud: I think the COOP's a great car, but anyone who spends £20K on one with only cosmetic changes wants their head examined! :argh: I know I wasn't going to lose sleep over this, but it's now disturbing my afternoon nap. You could have an excellent specced-up COOPER for WAY less than that - and at least you'd have THOUGHT ABOUT IT YOURSELF rather than just buying it 'off the peg'. Jeez, you could have a cracking 2nd-Hand JCW for that sort of money.

Wise words indeed nowt more to add.

ELFMAN
7th February 2011, 04:37 PM
Dontcha even fancy a proper cheeky wee old Domino Pimlico??
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/70/Domino_pick.jpg

I bet there's still a few of them left in fairly good nick scooting about.. :cool::thumbs up: Think Domino Cars will be sueing BMW for use of the name? ;)

Afraid I was never a great fan of the original Pimlico Other Euan, even in my Classic Mini incarnation. However I DO particularly like the wee Pick-Up. :cool: :thumbs up: Fully sorted with a nice 1293 (or a Civic Type R lump!), big brakes etc etc... that would be a blast! :yes nod: and you'd probably still have enough dosh left to buy a nice new MINI ONE! Or of course you could have a Flashy Hampton.... :blush: