PDA

View Full Version : New cars - Renault

euan
1st February 2011, 10:36 PM
First practice session today and some of the interesting features are beginning to show themselves.

Have Renault found this years f-duct? Maddest exhaust setup I've seen on an F1 car in years - they duct out the front of the sidepods! So, it's not a blown diffuser, but it's very close to one.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/JLE0965.jpg

LINK (http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2011/02/01/renault-r31-front-exit-exhausts-fee-explained/)

euan
1st February 2011, 10:43 PM
Here's a video of the Sauber with its moveable rear wing in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYnUZHjl2Xs

baptie
1st February 2011, 11:55 PM
wouldn't have thought that would be covered in the rules, a movable wing.
Looks the nuts though, down in corners and up on the flat to suck the rear down.

The use similar in road cars, why not F1

Delboy
2nd February 2011, 12:35 PM
Hmmm, interesting stuff :thumbs up:.

zimbo
2nd February 2011, 03:23 PM
Bring it on 2011... :clap:

john
2nd February 2011, 04:17 PM
bring it on 2011... :clap:

come on webber!!!!!

euan
7th February 2011, 10:07 AM
Terrible news about Kubica isn't it? Looks like Renault have built a great car and he won't be anywhere near it all season, depending who's article you read. I mean, how can you come back to F1 after nearly losing a hand?!?

Anyway, all the best Robert, I had high hopes for this season for you!

Senna in a black and gold car(I refuse to call it a Lotus...) though, marketing mans dream.

zimbo
7th February 2011, 10:31 AM
come on webber!!!!!

:clap: I'm with you John, it's Webbers turn this year :yes nod::thumbs up:

baptie
7th February 2011, 01:58 PM
Thats a shame about Kubica, he has been coming on stron the past couple of years.
Fears of possibly loosing hand and if they save it he will be out for atleast a year, sare yin.

Delboy
8th February 2011, 12:28 PM
Thats a shame about Kubica, he has been coming on stron the past couple of years.
Fears of possibly loosing hand and if they save it he will be out for atleast a year, sare yin.

Sounds like a really nasty one - his hand was partially severed and he lost lots of blood. Apparently they couldn't operate on him to begin with because he needed so many transfusions. They've still not worked on his fractured elbow or shoulder either.

The damage was caused by a crash barrier that pierced through the car.

Doesn't bear thinking about :frown:.

GCA3N
8th February 2011, 12:34 PM
Sounds like a really nasty one - his hand was partially severed and he lost lots of blood. Apparently they couldn't operate on him to begin with because he needed so many transfusions. They've still not worked on his fractured elbow or shoulder either.

The damage was caused by a crash barrier that pierced through the car.

Doesn't bear thinking about :frown:.

Looked horrific very bad indeed.:frown:

N16SHP
8th February 2011, 12:50 PM
Yeah, it's a real shame. This was probably going to be his make or break year this year too! He finally had the makings of a car that could challenge with the likes of McLaren, Ferrari and RB!!

euan
8th February 2011, 07:04 PM
There are some photos of the car online and he's lucky to be alive - the barrier was so close to him it's scary.